Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ PO1's Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a PCR in the safe, love the ergos of it, was never a fan of the gritty trigger. I may have to dig it back out, once I bought a Px4 compact carry it kind of beat everything out. I may have to reevaluate and consider some work to it.

Posts: 455 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a similar experience. I had multiple CZ’s that I stopped shooting because the triggers were so meh. One was a CZ Custom job that I think they did a shitty job on. Worst “custom” trigger job I ever paid for. Eventually I doubled down and bought the whole trigger kit from Cajun Gunworks and tossed the CZ Custom parts in the trash. Saved the gun. I then did the exact same thing to 3 more of them because it was that good.

Don’t wait, just go to Cajun buy the parts and put them in. It is totally worth it. Then buy LOK grips. Then sights of your choice. Costly but totally worth it. (then get a Kadet)

Posts: 7490 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have sold off a bunch of pistols the last few years. My PCR is still with me. Smile

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
One was a CZ Custom job that I think they did a shitty job on.

I had one of their custom carry compacts, the one they mill to be as slim as possible (the Pro-TEK). Bought it second-hand. The trigger was TERRIBLE. How do you charge $2K+ for a "custom" compact carry pistol and not improve the DA pull?

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome pistols.
Thanks for the great photos.
Cajunized P-01 for bedside duty here, and Cajunized PCR for occasional carry.
Considering upgrading to a Kramer IWB #3 for that PCR. Anyone with IWB holster experiences/recommendations?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was so bad considering what I paid for it I called them and they sent me a fucking mainspring. It made the pull lighter but it still was the shittiest trigger I have ever paid to have done. I bad mouth them every chance I get because it was the first custom trigger job I ever paid for and it sucked and they didn't care.

Cajun on the other hand is outstanding. Their products are better and when you call them they actually help. CZ Custom suck and they don’t stand behind their shit.

Posts: 7490 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
If I had to choose between them I would go Beretta solely because of how much easier they are to work on and get parts.

Holy crap, yes! I took the PCR apart so I could polish up the action (because I'm too cheap to send it to Cajun and figured that if I could clean up the gritty sandbox feel myself it would be good enough) and getting that thing back together was a real fun exercise, especially the sear box. There were also some parts that I couldn't get out without risking damaging them or having replacements on hand. Berettas and Classic Sigs are WAY easier.

Once you take apart the sear cage a few times it gets easier, but there is no question the the Beretta and classic Sigs are easier to work on and get parts. I will say the location of the CZ decocker is about perfect for my hands as compared to the other two.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Cajun parts are the way to go.

If you shoot a CZ decocker model a lot, Simple Green, hot water and either an air compressor or heat gun are your friend. Or a spray type cleaner, contact cleaner etc.

I don’t mess with the sear cage other than the initial cleaning, polish and spring swaps like the heavy lifter spring.

I’ve put Apex Tactical hammer and sear kits into my traditional CZ’s and am planning to do so with the decocker models.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will say the location of the CZ decocker is about perfect for my hands as compared to the other two.

IMO the CZ decocker is better than the Beretta's on the slide (although with a tip from Ernest Langdon, the Beretta safety/decocker is a bit easier to use), but I prefer the Sig to all of them. It's out of the way when I'm shooting and I don't have to adjust my grip at all when I want to actuate it.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Am I reading correctly to have CGW do a trigger job is $475??

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that is the correct price. The actual parts are between 180-280 dollars so basically doubles the price.

The parts all drop in. The first decocker sear cage is a bitch but you learn how to do it plus a couple new swear words if you are lucky.

Slave pins are key as is watching a few videos. It’s not Beretta simple but it isn’t you need to be a gunsmith difficult either.

Buy the parts and save a fortune or buy night sights and grips with the savings.

It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I have a P-01 Omega that was my EDC for a while before I switched to the G45 MOS.

My P-01 has more accuracy than I’m capable of taking advantage of, so it’s lots of fun to shoot! Makes me look like I know what I’m doing. Wink

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Well this thread reminded me to get those LOK grips. Sights next. Decisions decisions.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Am I reading correctly to have CGW do a trigger job is $475??

That is the correct price, and it's obscene. I paid less than that for my first CZ75. Even just the parts are pretty steep.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
The first decocker sear cage is a bitch but you learn how to do it plus a couple new swear words if you are lucky.

Slave pins are key as is watching a few videos. It’s not Beretta simple but it isn’t you need to be a gunsmith difficult either.

Buy the parts and save a fortune or buy night sights and grips with the savings.

This is exactly what I did. I paid $499 for a NIB PCR and by the time I had bought the CGW Pro kit, sights, and LOK grips I had about doubled my investment.

I took my PCR to the range yesterday and was reminded just how good the CGW action is in the CZ gun. I would say it is every bit as good as my Gray guns tuned Sigs. I was making one ragged hole groups at 7yds all DA from low ready. I also was 100% on a 10” steel plate with 2 and 3 shot strings DA/SA as fast as I could get them off at 10 yds, with most hits almost on top of one another. This is my one and only CZ gun and I am impressed beyond belief. I wouldn’t change a thing or hesitate to do it all over again. Doubtful this will replace my P365, but I’m probably ordering a holster for it this week.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea the 365 is tough to beat as CCW. The frame on a PCR/P01 though fits my hand like it was my hand they modeled it for. Add in the CGW parts, better sights, and LOK grips and it is hard to beat.

Don’t forget the 5 dollar dog bone trigger pin though. Best 5 bucks on their website. Get rid of the stock peened roll pin with the dog bone. Makes any future trigger stuff a joy.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Cajun’s parts and ‘smithing aren’t cheap but as usual, you get what you pay for. They are masters at what they do imo. They built a P-01 and a Rami I sent them.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one that was customized by Cajun. Kind of regret selling it but the trigger was just too damn light for the pistol’s intended purpose. If I found a good deal on a factory one or 75 compact I might pick it up.

I’ve still got the matte stainless 75.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not for nothing, while the trigger job can be made crazy smooth, the pull weight is 100% determined by springing. Usually a combo of main spring, trigger return spring, and in some cases firing pin block spring. Which I’m sure you know, not talking down to you. Lol. Did you consider swapping springs or did something else shiny catch your interest?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Not for nothing, while the trigger job can be made crazy smooth, the pull weight is 100% determined by springing. Usually a combo of main spring, trigger return spring, and in some cases firing pin block spring. Which I’m sure you know, not talking down to you. Lol. Did you consider swapping springs or did something else shiny catch your interest?

It was one of many sacrificed to pay post divorce bills. I didn’t have the time or money to mess with it and needed the funds. Of all the guns I sold the P-01 is not my biggest regret but I do miss it. I kept the matte stainless 75 & a full Kadet pistol so I can’t complain too much.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post