SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Over time which guns have you shot the best?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over time which guns have you shot the best? Login/Join 
posted
For me it's been the Sigs back with the 226, 229 and I had a smith model 41 and a Smith 52 master, all great guns that were very accurate, Oh I almost forgot a Wilson Combat 1911 in the 80's

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jjc,

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Multiple S&W K frames. They just fit me perfectly and I haven’t ever had one give anything but stellar accuracy.
I even had a beat up 4” model 10 that at 50 yards held sub 5” groups. I couldn’t do better with any gun except a les Baer and not by much. And the old 10 I am talking about was bought during the glut of police trade ins that were around 20 years ago for under $200.

Posts: 3298 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Sig 228 very accurate; Ed Brown Long Slide in 10mm the most accurate and reaches out farther.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1566 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P228, VP9 and HK45, all with 1,000 plus rounds through them. I recently acquired a Shadow 2 that will be added to the list after another few hundred rounds just to prove it’s consistency.

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Springfield XD/XDm line.
I dont currently own any but I had a few years ago.

S&W 3913 Tactical I had about 5 years ago. Won a PPC match with it. Kick myself in the ass for selling that one.

1st Gen CZ Tactical Sport. Stupid accurate and a great trigger. Another kick in my ass for selling it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
For stock guns these come to mind:

629 and 686 6”
G21
PPQ 5”
Kimber Gold match series 1
P320 FS 9mm

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I got really serious regarding my own personal training after enrolling in a taking a class in 2020 with my 21 y/o son. This was not my first class, nor was it my first time with the instructor. Something, really clicked this to around and the saying, “you fix marksmanship problems with marksmanship”, which started working shooting accurately with speed. Now, I’m shooting a bunch of guns better than I ever have.

1911s - I wish I shot this well when I was competing w/ them.
Sig - P320 (AXG, LOK Veloce grips, GGI trigger)
Sig - P226 MK25 (My absolute favorite DA/SA)
Sig - X6 by far the most accurate gun I’ve ever shot.
S&W - 686/66/625 they all point and shoot well for me.

Posts: 2967 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I've always shot my 1911's better than any of my Sigs, Glocks, HK, revolvers, etc.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
1911’s.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8121 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My Sig P226's were the best until I got a P320 with Romeo sight.... but all the P226's had iron sights so I need to try one of those with a red dot sight. What I really want to try is a SAO Sig p226 with a Romeo sight.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
1968 Colt Trooper .357 for revolvers. Sig P226 Legion SAO with RMR for autoloader. Smile

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2776 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
My 70 Series Gold Cup and my Sig 9mm 229.

Posts: 5627 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sigs, mostly.

Went shooting with my wife's boss years ago.
He had his P220ST, USP45C, XD45 & a couple FN 9mm pistols.

The 220 I could consistently hit tue little dueling tree he had set up. It was progressively worse in the order above.

Similar when going from my P320 to a couple G19/17, just don't shoot the Glock as well & the Glock grip had some interference with the ring on my R hand.

The only Glock I've shot decently was my brother in law's wife's G42.

On the revolver side, the GP100 is probably my best, on a few occasions with a few pistols.
My dad had a Colt 357 revolver (not a Python) when I was a kid, and seemed no one could shoot it accurately. Led to him selling it & buying his P239 in the mid-90s, which I believe was the first centerfire semi auto pistol I ever shot.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me recently, it has been my FN 509T. My son and I rented one at a local range that had a red dot and a suppressor on it a little while back,(it was a birthday wish for him to shoot a suppressed gun), and I fell in love with it. It just seems to fit my hand better than others and the accuracy was quite amazing. I also wanted it for the option to have a red dot and to get my butt going and get a suppressor.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig 229 in .40, Gen 5 Glock 19 and beretta M9

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
HK P7M8

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
In order, my X5 tactical, custom Phoenix Trinity 2011 and Glock 34.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing has been more comfortable to shoot or more accurate at 25 yards than my 1911s; Ed Brown, colt, Dan Wessons and Spring field armory.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 and all variants, P7, 1911s, G19. Oh and small sample size but my dreyse. That damn thing shoots.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Wait one freaking minute this is Sig forum what are y’all doing mentioning other firearms manufacturers. Blasphemy!!! Razz Razz Razz

Posts: 4987 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post