SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The CZ 75 Shadow 2 Orange is a beautiful beast!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The CZ 75 Shadow 2 Orange is a beautiful beast! Login/Join 
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
THAT is a real beaut!

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I have always wanted one of these, hmmmmm upcoming Birthday.......

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's now on my list!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked out a Shadow 2 Orange last weekend. The gun shop I traveled to had an Orange, an AccuShadow and a Shadow 2, so I was able to compare them directly.

After buying a black/blue Shadow 2 earlier in the year I ran across an AccuShadow about a month ago which I started a thread about on this forum that I ended up buying. Awesome Pistol but with a bit of a heavier trigger than I would have thought it might have.

I found the Orange to have an incredibly smooth DA trigger, smoother than either of my CZs, although the trigger was noticeably heavier than that on either of my pistols, keeping in mind that I had done the usual spring/firing pin changes on my Shadow 2, and the lighter mainspring on my AccuShadow. Of course the lighter springs are included with the Orange so this was a moot point. It was visually stunning and if I hadn’t just dropped a premium on my AccuShadow 2 I would have been really tempted to buy it. The SA trigger was very nice as well. However I felt that it really didn’t offer anything more than my AccuShadow does, which is still saying alot!!

FYI.. Cajun Gun Works offers a Shadow 2 Orange at a very good price, $225 less than the pistol I checked out, but with a bit of extra work to lighten the trigger.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sprg03-A3,

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
Old tread but I had to comment. Love the looks the CZ S2O and I might get one. All the reviews are positive so Im very tempted. Also with lokgrips you can make it your different own.

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like this

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-competition/

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I've always been fascinated with the CZ double action pistols.
I've just never pulled the trigger on one.
The 10mm one intrigues me as it's close to a Bren Ten.

Your CZ is just plain gorgeous.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I've always wondered if those were worth the cash.

Never knew about the hand-fitting, etc.

Very accurate and no failures in the first 250 seems pretty darn good too.

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also been curious about the 45acp CZ97’s!!!

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
Also been curious about the 45acp CZ97’s!!!

Had one when they first came out. Better have large hands!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like this

A way cheaper option. The Orange is costing lately Between $1850 to $2200. Before this administration, It was less money.

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new pistol Q! Looks like a great gun, and one you love. Thanks for the great photos.

No chance for us CA guys. But I’m sure glad that I bought my P226 X5 Competition when they were still available and on the roster. I treated it to a Robert Burke action job and Hogue G-10 black-gray checkered grips. Its weight is about the same as your CZ.

The CZ’s slide latch notch is internal?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8850 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Stunning, have a Shadow 2, they are excellent firearms, maybe mine needs to make a trip to CGW..
Would really like an Accushadow 2 as an upgrade.

Posts: 23235 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What’s your opinion on this model? The red or blue competition CZ75?

quote:
Originally posted by 30PlusRetlaw:
quote:
I like this

A way cheaper option. The Orange is costing lately Between $1850 to $2200. Before this administration, It was less money.

posted Hide Post
I picked up the Shadow 2 OR and cannot say enough about how well made and accurate this pistol is. I have not mounted a rds yet as I have a plate on order but it simply amazing with the factory fiber optic front sight. The trigger is super smooth, clean and crisp (no grittiness or noticeable stacking) but I did change the hammer spring to a CGW 13# spring. No issues with light primer strikes through a modest selection of various 9mm (115gr WWB, 124gr ball MEN, 147gr HST).

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got numerous CZ and CZ Custom pistols. The Shadow 2 Orange is about a fine a pistol as they build. Fit and finish, attention to detail, accuracy, trigger, etc are all top notch.

Here it is with my SP-01 Shadow Orange from CZ Custom, which is also a great option.

Also, if you don't mind spending a bit more, check out the Phoenix Redback. They have taking the CZ design to an entirely new level of greatness.

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(The 10mm one intrigues me as it's close to a Bren Ten.) So, SreamingCockatoo, please tell me what 10MM do they make. I could get real interested in one.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
(The 10mm one intrigues me as it's close to a Bren Ten.) So, SreamingCockatoo, please tell me what 10MM do they make. I could get real interested in one.

I don’t know if any pistol CZ builds in 10mm, outside their Dan Wesson line of 1911’s.

CZ Custom was offering a CZ 97 in 10mm, but they are a separate company. The gun was $3000+, IIRC

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Would it be too difficult to make these optics ready?

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
Would it be too difficult to make these optics ready?

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-shadow-2-optics-ready/

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8836 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post