SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P228 Legion in SAO? A pipe dream?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 Legion in SAO? A pipe dream? Login/Join 
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, it's a work of art!

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q,
You mentioned your lower... "Lower assembly: I was able to secure a nearly new complete P229 Legion SAO frame elsewhere."

Do you know what slide configurations that frame was issued with?

You didn't mention what slide was issued on that frame before you started your project.

I am starting to wonder if this new LI would be a universal drop in for a P229(40/357) frame and allow it to run a 9mm folded or legacy slide.

Posts: 159 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lot_45:
Q,
You mentioned your lower... "Lower assembly: I was able to secure a nearly new complete P229 Legion SAO frame elsewhere."

Do you know what slide configurations that frame was issued with?

You didn't mention what slide was issued on that frame before you started your project.

I am starting to wonder if this new LI would be a universal drop in for a P229(40/357) frame and allow it to run a 9mm folded or legacy slide.

Long external extractor slide and the 229-1 barrel, which has been in use on all P229s (except for a few limited released Legacy slide "Classic Carry" models) since the beginning of 2010. The seller had the complete factory P229 Legion SAO RXP (manufacture date 9/29/2020), and parted out the frame and sold it to me, since I have no use for its upper. He kept the upper assembly for another project of his.

There are no reasons why you cannot put this new LI in a P229(40/357) frame and run a P228 upper assembly on it, since the P229(40/357) frame and the current P229(229-1) frame are the standardized.

Q

Posts: 26196 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Are you going to put this gun in "The P228 - facts, factoids, and opinions ... " ?

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the old-school 9mm Para on the barrel, means your P228 has /soul/ from when people actually cared enough to make and carry a real, honest-to-god hell-and-back metal gun. Nice, nice work.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post