SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Carrying the P320 concerns
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carrying the P320 concerns Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That trigger safety is not there only to prevent interial firing.

Gotcha.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I bag carry, or use other non body carry type products, I use a trigger guard cover on striker guns, regardless of make. I also use a trigger guard cover on my 1911s under similar carry circumstances. If my striker gun or 1911 comes out of its holster, I snap on the trigger guard cover.
Cheap insurance.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
If my striker gun or 1911 comes out of its holster, I snap on the trigger guard cover.

How do you shoot like that?
(Sorry, I can resist anything except temptation. Wink )

Seriously, though, what trigger guard cover(s) do you use? I had never given any thought to that safety precaution, but it would make sense in many situations.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I did not even know there was such a thing.... what is a trigger guard cover? I thought a proper holster covers and guards the trigger?

Seems to me that if you are worried about accidentally tripping the trigger then I would suggest just not having a round in the chamber would be a better solution.

Not my choice but just seems simpler for those who are worried about such.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Do you even understand what we're talking about?

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems to me that if you are worried about accidentally tripping the trigger then I would suggest just not having a round in the chamber would be a better solution.

They were talking about bag/off body/no holster carry.

Also the vast amount of the time, I surmise, most gun owners are administratively handling their firearms and the fact is most striker fired handguns do have a shorter / lighter trigger pull then say a DA/SA counterpart so why not add a 5 dollar piece of mind to the equation. The trigger dingus provides a tiny bit of this since you have to fairly deliberately pull the trigger straight back vs something like the 320 where any pressure from any angle will depress the trigger. (I know the dingus is primarily a drop safety and this extra trigger pull safety is a marginal advantage but it’s there IMO.)

I have absolutely no issue with striker fired guns and have my share of Glock carry but, for me personally, I prefer DA/SA hammer fired for my own perception of increased safety during administrative handling. (NOTE - ALL guns are dangerous, they are suppossed to be, so never rely on a mechanical mechanism only. New shooter warning not meant for most of us).

I do think the lack of a trigger blade safety(dingus) combined with the comparatively excellent trigger of the 320 is likely to blame. The trigger is just more likely to have a foreign object or out of spec holster press it in those “golden bb” circumstance. I don’t think it’s an “engineering flaw” so to speak like the drop issues were just a design that moves things a hair closer to the edge for the benefit of an excellent trigger and requires more discipline and attention to detail to use.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trigger guard cover (or holster) I use is from PJ Holsters. It has adjustable tension so you can tune the release to your needs. Priced right and great service. His pocket holster is excellent too, with both a thumb release and pocket hook.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The trigger guard cover (or holster) I use is from PJ Holsters. It has adjustable tension so you can tune the release to your needs. Priced right and great service. His pocket holster is excellent too, with both a thumb release and pocket hook.

Thanks, I was looking for a source.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I have one for a P365 from Detroit Holster that I'm pleased with. They do offer one for the P320 Compact/Carry, though I do not see the P320 Sub-Compact/X-Compact on the 'Handgun Model' list. They offer multiple flavors depending on your needs/wants. Beyond the Std model, they an 'Adjustable Retention' version as well a 'Delux' version that also covers the muzzle end of the slide. The Trigger Guard Holster can also be customized for draw hand, which moves the Mag Release cover to the opposite side for lefties, and the Kydex is available in multiple colors/patterns as well.

https://www.detroitholster.com/store/product/dix/

I got the Std version for my P365 in Carbon Fiber Armor Black, and I'm quite pleased with it. Just FYI - My P365 has the Armory Craft Extended Mag Release Button, and the Std. version works just fine with it.

Note/PSA - Detroit Holster recommends installing their Trigger Guard Holster from the bottom up, NOT sliding it on from the front! This is intended to eliminate ANY possibility of activating the Trigger while installing due to potential misalignment. Watch the video on the product page if you're considering this product... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post