SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I keep going back to the Glock 26
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I keep going back to the Glock 26 Login/Join 
Picture of cooger
posted
I've carried a S&W Shield, Kahr, Sig 365, Glock 43, 43X- but I always go back to the 26. After a trip to the range today and shooting my Gen 5 26 next to the 43X, I think I'm going back to ol faithful.

I know lots of people knock it's capacity and say it's a brick but man does it shoot good for me and feels good in my hands. I've never had a 26 have a malfunction of nay kind. It also chews up hotter self defense loads with almost no recoil compared to the 43X. I'm not saying those other guns aren't great, but the 26 is my favorite.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
I've HAD two of them & they are hard to beat
What part of KY are you from
I live two miles from Louisville in Southern Indiana
Enjoy the G26.5

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
To each his own. I've owned two 26's over the past 20 years. A gen 3 and a Gen 4, never warmed up to either.

If it works for you, stick with it!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked my gen 3 but for reason the gen 5 just didn’t feel right.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the 26.3 I got last year quite a bit. I do also like my 43x and 43. I u derstzmd the 26 though…just something about it.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with a 26. That being said I would never take a 26 over my preferred flavor of Sig365. I sold my Shield and gave my nephew my Glock43 after I bought my first 365.

Posts: 7497 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
G26 is like an old friend & never a bad choice…

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kept Bum
posted Hide Post
I carry one whenever I'm away from the house.

"It does not require many words to speak the truth.".....Chief Joseph

https://pbase.com/shellyva/image/171613535

Posts: 88 | Location: Out there, somewhere | Registered: May 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
The 26 is not a bad thing to go back to. For those of us with large hands and long fingers, it's about a perfect fit. My P245 has replaced it for daily off-duty carry, but the G26 is hanging out in reserve as one of my around the house guns. I never really warmed up to most Glocks, but the G26 is something special. It carries like a sub-compact but shoots like a full-size.

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand, I carried a G27 for years, only using a PM9 when wardrobe required it. I have since moved to a P365 but would not hesitate to return to a G26/G27.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
While a 26 is not my first choice today, a Gen4 example remains the only Glock I own. It is excellent; akin to 92fstech’s closing comment to his post, I’m fond of saying “it shoots better than a gun its size should.”

I have plenty of magazines and some great gunleather for it; the times I do choose to carry it, I have no qualms about it at all. And, frankly, when it goes to the range, I’m reminded of just how really fun Glocks are to shoot, and I always come away tempted to pick up another haha…

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I recently found my way to a Glock 26.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
You will buy a Glock.
Kinda has a ring to it.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't shoot a 26 well without the finger extensions. Add on a Pearce extension and it's a lights out shooter. Recommended it to others over the years before this whole micro gun craze began with the Glock 43s and sig p365s.

Posts: 380 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually I shot the 26 as well as the 19 but I moved on to Sigs now and will never go back.

A PSA Dagger has been the nightstand gun for some time now. I like it a lot

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Cooger, I agree on your choice, I got a G27 almost 30 years ago because I could also run it as a 9mm & 357 SIG with barrel conversions.

I also use with G32 & G23 13 rnd magazines

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I like a 26 but the 43x feels better in my hand. Can’t go wrong either way.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjc:
Actually I shot the 26 as well as the 19 but I moved on to Sigs now and will never go back.

A PSA Dagger has been the nightstand gun for some time now. I like it a lot

I looked hard at the Dagger- seems like a lot of fun for the money. I’m interested in the micro-dagger they announced.

I’ve been carrying the 26 the last few days. It does feel a little thicker than the 43x but I don’t think it feels heavier on the belt. I haven’t weighed them but I think they would be very close due to the 15 rounds in the 43x mag.

I wish Shield Arms would work some magic on the double stack Glock mags and get a few more rounds in them.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I eventually need to buy a 26. When I first rented a bunch of pistols at a range and gave the 26, 19, and 17 a try, I shot the G26 better than any handgun I rented that day, including CZ's and Sigs. The G17, I shot nearly as well, ubut there was still a noticeable difference. I was astounded first and foremost that I shot the Glocks better anything, but even more so the fact that I shot the smallest of them the best. I wound up buying a 19 to split the difference, but I've never forgotten about the 26.

quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
I got a G27 almost 30 years ago...

Hey cool, a Gen 2.5!

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I had 2 Gen 4 19s with me, one with a red dot and one regular. I shot the 26 better than both, although the red dot made the 20 yard shots a lot easier.

It’s weird- I shoot the 26 and 17 equally well, both a little better than a 19.