SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I keep going back to the Glock 26
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I keep going back to the Glock 26 Login/Join 
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
My gen 3 is still my EDC. I know a lot of folks have moved on to a 365. I have shot a 365, and it would likely carry nicer, but I'm a much better shot with the g26. It just works for me and I see no reason to change.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
It’s weird- I shoot the 26 and 17 equally well, both a little better than a 19.

Well, that's two of us, then. At least on one occasion anyway. It is weird, isn't it? For sure not what I would have guessed, and it seems counterintuitive that I would shoot the smallest and largest frame size better than the mid frame. I have heard that the G26 has the same backstrap profile as the 17, just shorter, while the 19 has its own thing going on. I have a hard time imagining that would make enough of a difference, but it is something that comes to mind.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
It’s weird- I shoot the 26 and 17 equally well, both a little better than a 19.

Well, that's two of us, then. At least on one occasion anyway. It is weird, isn't it? For sure not what I would have guessed, and it seems counterintuitive that I would shoot the smallest and largest frame size better than the mid frame. I have heard that the G26 has the same backstrap profile as the 17, just shorter, while the 19 has its own thing going on. I have a hard time imagining that would make enough of a difference, but it is something that comes to mind.

I learned this to other day when I took my new Gen 5 G26 and G17 to the range to test them out. I actually think I shot the G26 a tiny bit better. However, I shot both of them about the same as my G19. I was surprised at what the little G26 could do.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
To me, my 26.4 is just like my 642-1. I’ve had both of them forever and they do what they do very well. I can make the 26 work in ankle, pocket, IWB and OWB if need be. It always gets the job done.

I have all kinds of Glocks - 43, 43x, 26, 19, 17, 30s. That old 26.4 is lights out every time I shoot it.

Posts: 331 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The G26.5 is the all time champ. Wish mine had front serrations. I might get another one that does have them. I understand there is a G26 MOS in Europe.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 411 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep going back to the G26, too. It's the least ergonomic pistol I own, and I shoot it better than any of my G19s, which feel far better in the hand. Go figure. The thing is a laser beam.

I'd jump over my 43X to get to my Gen 5 G26. In fact, I carried it today, and have been doing so for weeks.

I'm a big guy (5'11", 250) and the G26 is no trouble to conceal. I carry it in a Bravo Concealment holster on most days, but I also use a Safariland ALS when concealment is not needed (range, teaching, around the house, etc.).

This is my second G26 (the other was a Gen 3 G26) and I've got a lot of rounds through them both. I sold the G26.3 and always regretted it. So, I bought the G26.5 when they first came out (no front serrations), and it always goes back to 2-3 things for me: 1) OEM +2 mag extension taking such a small handgun up to 13 rounds; 2) Accuracy is top notch; 3) Takes the bigger high capacity mags; 4) Complete reliability. In all these years of seeing G26s on the range, I've never seen one go south.

Aside from the Glock 45 9mm, I'd say it's my favorite that the company makes.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
This thread prompted me to dig out my G26 and strip the frame for a deep cleaning. I got 10 years of built up crud out of the nooks and crannies...I think this gun needs to get out and see some carry time again.

I'm not a big fan of Glock ergonomics overall, but the G26 just works, and I think it's because of, not in-spite of, the short grip. I don't use mag extensions with mine...I wrap my right pinkie under the grip, then my left palm comes over top and locks it into place. It's hard to take a picture with both hands on the gun, but here's a pic of the right hand, and just imagine the left over top in a thumbs-forward grip to get the idea.

With the G19 and G17 sized guns, I tend to shoot high due to the shape of the backstrap in conjunction with the Glock grip angle. I have to consciously force the muzzle down to present on-target. Dropping the finger off the bottom of the grip rocks the G26 forward in my hand just enough that it naturally brings the gun in-line with the target. The grip thickness and length of pull are also perfect for my long-ish fingers, and makes it easy to achieve a straight pull to the rear on the trigger.

All that to say, these are fantastic little guns, and even with all the fancy new stuff on the market these days, I have yet to find a small polymer-framed handgun that I like better.

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
has anyone done starburst stippling on G26 or G19 at Wilson?
I wonder if their stippling can improve the grip a bit. Yes, my G26 is the favorite. Always reliable.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Glock 26 is the one Glock I want to like but just can’t warm up to. I’ve had 3 over the years
And sold them off . At this time I can’t see carrying the 26 when we have the Sig P365.

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Glock is a pistol I don't want to like. It's clunky and has the ergos of a 2x4.

But it's dang good at doing what it does. It's easy to shoot well and is dead nuts reliable.

Yes, the new P365 class guns are smaller but when it comes to shooting, the G26 really hits a sweet spot between concealability and shootability.

I certainly couldn't fault anyone for carrying one.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
@92fstech you’ve described exactly how I grip the Glock 26, as well. I didn’t go with magazine extensions because, in my earliest G26 days, I was primarily pocket-carrying the gun and felt (perhaps incorrectly) that the extensions might impede that.

I usually carry it in a belt holster these days but have stuck with the original-configuration 10-round magazines (though often with a G17 or G19 magazine in reserve, also on the belt).

As others have been saying in this thread, methinks it’s time for some renewed range-time with my 26.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
(though often with a G17 or G19 magazine in reserve, also on the belt).

Yep, I do the same thing. 10-round mag in the gun and a 17-round mag as a reload in the pocket, often with a few more tucked into the door pocket of my vehicle. If I wanted to, I guess I could spring for a 33-rounder as well, but I've never gotten around to buying one. For such a small handgun, it can supply quite a bit of firepower with a simple mag change.

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Indeed, the 33-rounder is a hoot. Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I wanted to like the early generations of 26s/27s, but could not stand the grip. It felt like the proverbial 2X4 in my hand - which was weird considering I loved my G19 G3.

When the backstrap cutout was incorporated into the Gen 4s, that subtle change made a world of difference in how it felt.

My range recently started running outlaw IDPA BUG matches (incorporating reloads) so I broke out my G26. Even with flush-fit 10 rounders, I was kinda blown away with how well it shoots and how easy it is to control. It really shines with 147gr loads.
I used Magpul 12 rounders for reloads, which give you just enough room for your pinky, but stays box-legal.

I want to pick up a Gen5 with the front cocking serrations, but I may wait until the MOS model drops.

Edit - when I carry it, it's a 10-rounder in it and a 17 round spare mag.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I owned Glocks I shot the 19 and 26 the best and liked them the most. Although I needed a extension on the 26 for my pinky and that's not the perfect set up.

The 26 was just more versatile but the 19. was just a little more comfortable in use. The 26 was always easier to CC. It's to bad the Glock wasn't a modular gun like the Sig P320 I could just change grips and have everything in one gun.

I did have a gen5 19 that's the best Glock.

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Der Baby Glock- the subcompact 9 that started the trend, still going strong after nearly 30 years. I’ll never part ways with my gen 3 that sees plenty of carry time despite being appreciably larger than my 365.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know lots of people knock it's capacity and say it's a brick but man does it shoot good for me and feels good in my hands.

I don't see how people could say either. That's a subcompact pistol. It offers 12rd factory magazines. Then easy to carry a spare 17rd backup mag on the hip. I carry a similar sized pistol (DA/SA) that is subcompact, 13+1, with a 17rd full size mag as backup and consider it to my ideal for CCW.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 29 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
I really liked my P365, but my son liked it more. I came back to my trusty gen 3 G26, and couldn’t be happier. The G26 can play many roles and is a fine shooter for me.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh...Ok,i'll just stick with my Sigs.

Posts: 95 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post