SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M1911 vs M9 Beretta: The battle of the best combat pistol
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M1911 vs M9 Beretta: The battle of the best combat pistol Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKshooterusp:
Hear, hear!
I've been a member of the "shot placmement" club for years and have never felt under gunned, even when I pocket carried my 642.

So what did you do in the “shot placement club” when your first six rounds clipped both lungs and an artery and the suspect hadn’t heard of that club and kept shooting at you?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems you are trolling for a fight. Seeing as how you aren't smart enough to know a 642 only carries five rounds, and that tells me from what experience you are posting from, I'll take the high road and not dignify your question with an answer.
Still, I hope you have a great day, regardless.

Posts: 27 | Registered: November 26, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems you are trolling for a fight. Seeing as how you aren't smart enough to know a 642 only carries five rounds, and that tells me from what experience you are posting from, I'll take the high road and not dignify your question with an answer.

While JlJones might be opinionated at times and on certain subjects he does speak from a place of knowledge and experience to be sure.

The reality is there are only 4 ways to stop an attacker.
-Psychological (holy shit I’ve been shot or I am being shot at, I’m heading for a different zip code)
-CNS (Off button hit (brain/spinal etc)
-Structural (pelvic girdle/bone break etc. but while they might not be moving much they can. Still shoot back)
-Hydrolic failure (lots of red stuff has leaked out the holes and the machine doesn’t work anymore)

1 is awesome because the fight may end without drawing blood
2 is second place awesome because fights over immediately
3 at least lets you retreat/get to cover etc.
4 might take LOTS of rounds.

I completely agree with shot placement and being accountable for every shot fired and I actually do think a J frame is an adequate self defense tool in most cases. The problem is when it’s not most cases. Even IF you are on your game with adrenaline/fear etc. It’s hard to hit the “off buttons” and they are well protected. If you are also facing a determined/drugged/trained/whatever opponent or opponents having more ammo on board could save your life. Just because somebody has 15 rounds or whatever on them doesn’t mean they suddenly don’t practice shot placement and responsibility for each round it just gives them more options and options are not bad.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just because somebody has 15 rounds or whatever on them doesn’t mean they suddenly don’t practice shot placement and responsibility for each round it just gives them more options and options are not bad.

Yup. This.

Posts: 8595 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

Recently at a murder trial, the defense tried to bring in an expert witness to push an “alternate theory of the crime”. The witnesses paper qualifications were impeccable. This prestigious school. That prestigious degree. But a problem limited her testimony. She had never actually worked a Homicide scene, nor had any experience around dead bodies. How do you think that was received?

I’ve noticed an uptick of non answers among some self anointed terminal ballistics experts. The thing about it seems to be that most that speak in absolutes have no relevant experience to speak from. They “read” an opinion, or saw a YouTube video. Make no mistake, they have “done their research”. The problem is the research didn’t include actually getting into gunfights with a pistol and learning the hard lesson that handguns of all calibers suck at shooting people. And the bad guy gets a say in how it ends.

Me? When it happened to me, I can tell you what I did. I kept shooting. You can do everything perfectly and it not work out the way the internet demands it’s supposed to. Guess that makes me one of those douchy hit nothing cops you speak of, despite the fact I only had one round that didn’t hit the high thoracic that time.

Yeah, you’re taking the high road…..

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

Recently at a murder trial, the defense tried to bring in an expert witness to push an “alternate theory of the crime”. The witnesses paper qualifications were impeccable. This prestigious school. That prestigious degree. But a problem limited her testimony. She had never actually worked a Homicide scene, nor had any experience around dead bodies. How do you think that was received?

I’ve noticed an uptick of non answers among some self anointed terminal ballistics experts. The thing about it seems to be that most that speak in absolutes have no relevant experience to speak from. They “read” an opinion, or saw a YouTube video. Make no mistake, they have “done their research”. The problem is the research didn’t include actually getting into gunfights with a pistol and learning the hard lesson that handguns of all calibers suck at shooting people. And the bad guy gets a say in how it ends.

Me? When it happened to me, I can tell you what I did. I kept shooting. You can do everything perfectly and it not work out the way the internet demands it’s supposed to. Guess that makes me one of those douchy hit nothing cops you speak of, despite the fact I only had one round that didn’t hit the high thoracic that time.

Yeah, you’re taking the high road…..

Hey, you could have just said "It happened to me and this was my experience".

Posts: 27 | Registered: November 26, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post