SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Am I crazy for wanting a Staccato P?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I crazy for wanting a Staccato P? Login/Join 
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
You're not alone, I want one too. Only thing holding me back is greed. Every time I get ready to "pull the trigger" on a beautiful P Duo, I get sent an article about the XC. I really don't NEED an XC, but I WANT it.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Benderx4:
You're not alone, I want one too. Only thing holding me back is greed. Every time I get ready to "pull the trigger" on a beautiful P Duo, I get sent an article about the XC. I really don't NEED an XC, but I WANT it.

I can tell you at it's current price point that it's a little overpriced for what you get. If it were to fall back under $4K, then I can't help you.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, you are NOT! It is a perfectly sain thought. Last week, I went with my son to My Local Gun store with the specific intent to get a Staccato, My son reminded me to be Texas patriotic since they are made in Texas. I ended up with a Wilson Combat Experior in 9mm. the patriotism was justified by the fact that Bill Wilson has a Ranch in Texas and not in Arkansas. It sure beats the Staccato and is really a true Texas firearm.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Stacatto P Duo and its a great gun, great customer service. Buy one if you can afford it.

PB

Posts: 65 | Registered: November 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will not talk you out of a great decision. I have a few Staccato’s…they are my favorites and I have had zero failures. They have replaced all of my 1911/2011 style guns, including Wilson’s.

Posts: 425 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got the XC and XL. Awesome guns

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Benderx4:

XC is amazing...

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Ugh, you see, this is what I'm talking about. LOVE that XC, no rational reason for buying one since I don't shoot competitively - other than I just want it.

So I guess the Staccato P Duo is now the DPO? Other than the name, does anyone know of any differences? Research has only revealed the 2020 and earlier models came with optic plates, whereas the newer versions do not. Anything else?

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The happy medium on the P versus XC discussion might be to get a P and have it ported. Monsoon Tactical and Vulcan Machine Werks both have offerings. I have a 1911 with Monsoon's "Genghis Komp" port and find that it is very effective. I would like to have my C2 done.

ETA: I own a Staccato P, C2, and XC for that that's worth.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
XC is amazing...
Knowing how my R performs I've no doubt whatsoever it is, but $4300, and that's before an optics plate and optic, is just a bit >< too rich for my blood.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
No, you're not crazy. You can want or have anything without judgement. It's called freedom and the Second Amendment.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Not crazy for wanting one. They are nice pistols.
While I don't own a Staccato, I do know someone who does. It has been 100% reliable and is very accurate.

My son was tempted to buy one but ended up buying a Sig P226 Legion SAO instead.
For me personally, for that kind of money, I would go for the Wilson SFX9. I prefer the external extractor and magazines among other things. It looks like Staccato may be moving toward the external extractor with the Staccato CS. I believe it's a matter of time before the entire line has them.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4833 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jupiter,

Have both, the Sig SAO and love that gun, I have always called it the Poor Mans Stacatto. Checks a lot of the same boxes....kinda.

PB

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pappabear:
Jupiter,

Have both, the Sig SAO and love that gun, I have always called it the Poor Mans Stacatto. Checks a lot of the same boxes....kinda.

PB

It really does. The gun is a tack driver and that GG trigger is fantastic. I can see why he bought it.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4833 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
just order one. Smile
i ordered a c2 duo last week with a holosun plate. just debating which holosun to get then will order it from dabigbr.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8024 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
just order one. Smile
i ordered a c2 duo last week with a holosun plate. just debating which holosun to get then will order it from dabigbr.

Congrats on the c2, Chowser.
Do these pistols usually ship out quickly or is there a wait time?

-- George Orwell

Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
I've wanted one also, but the list is long and this one has not made it to the top yet.

Cheers~

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

I bought my Staccato P from Dawson Precision, had it shipped to my local FFL. They always have most of the models in stock (also parts, mags, etc), ready to ship. Extremely nice people.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

I bought my Staccato P from Dawson Precision, had it shipped to my local FFL. They always have most of the models in stock (also parts, mags, etc), ready to ship. Extremely nice people.

That's good news for Chowser. Wink
Over the years, I've sent 3 pistols to Wilson Combat for a full treatment. It took 6 months or more every time.

I've purchased at least 3 sets of adjustable F.O. sights for my Glock 34s/G17s from Dawson. They have been at it for a long time.

-- George Orwell

posted Hide Post
I gotta give Stacatto a shout out. I over jammed a mag shooting Steel competition match. Broke the ejector. I sent into to Stacatto and they asked a bunch of questions : what ammo, what oil….. what happened and said maybe we fix and maybe we charge.

They fixed the ejector, tuned the extractor in about a week. Gave me a call to discuss and then offered to change my old mag for a new mag that will help prevent such an incident in the future, NO CHARGE.

Stacatto is good people these days.

PB