SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Pistol From Kel-Tec: The P15
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Pistol From Kel-Tec: The P15 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Kel-Tec is moving up in the world. They've gone from Phillips screws to Allens or, perhaps if we're lucky, Torx.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I really doubt the P3AT is going away here.

This looks to me like the replacement for the PF9 as someone mentioned before.

The KTOG thread I was reading made mention of the P11, PF9 & P3AT all being ended. No immediate mention on the duration of the P32.

This replacing the P11 & PF9 makes sense, as it sort of splits the difference between them.

A shorter slide version & maybe shorter grip could be made for a P3AT replacement.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I look forward to seeing a real one, close to MSRP, sometime in 2032 Razz

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I look forward to seeing a real one, close to MSRP, sometime in 2032 Razz

With potentially cutting 3 pistols from their lineup, maybe that'll free up more production runs.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
14 oz.? Okay so the weight decreases 2% with each round. Be nice if it took Beretta 92 mags like my S2k.
I wanna see the endurance test. Welcome to 2012 KT.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Well, it sure has that Kel-Tec "look"!

quote:
Also read that this is effective replacing the P11, PF9 & P3AT which are all discontinued or slated for end-life.

The P11 and the PF9 I get, but why the P3AT? Seems like a completely different form-factor, and a different caliber. I remember when the P3AT was the .380 to have...did Ruger steal their lunch that bad with the LCP that they're just giving up, or do they have something else in the works? Because this sure doesn't seem like a suitable replacement.

Pure speculation, but I would say the demand for 9mm > .380 and the LCP MAX gives higher capacity in the same size envelope.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I came across this a few days ago and thought it was interesting. A short documentary on Keltec.

Posts: 337 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I’m curiously hungry for waffles after seeing the grip on that pistol.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Someone on FB did a cut down compact/carry version.. Looks pretty good

Damnit I did the same thing before scrolling down:

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
It has a magazine disconnect safety. Yeah. Everyone else has removed those during the past 30 years and KelTec introduces a brand new pistol, in 2022, with a magazine disconnect safety. WTF?

They also have two versions. One has a polymer frame. The other one has an aluminum frame.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I was gonna say that the Compact/Carry really looks like a Grendel…then realized why LOL Razz Big Grin

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Kel-Tec is moving up in the world. They've gone from Phillips screws to Allens or, perhaps if we're lucky, Torx.

Looks like hex. At least on the fine Walnut grade III version.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a 320, XD and a kel Tec had a gang bang.. and they were all cousins.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I've had Goodluck with Kel Tec stuff over the years, with the 3 pistols I've owned.
You just have to take in account they are made cheaply.

The triggers were their main downfall, the heavy double action acting as the safety.

I doubt I buy this new pistol, but glad seeing them introduce new stuff such as this and the 22 cal P17.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sunset_Va,

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Looks like a 320, XD and a kel Tec had a gang bang.. and they were all cousins.

Winner! LMAO when I saw that--Best part is, it could be TRUE! Smile

Posts: 641 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The wood gripped model above makes the grip safety look less pronounced to the first few images shown.
Also doesn't look like a polymer frame?

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I've had Goodluck with Kel Tec stuff over the years, with the 3 pistols I've owned.
You just have to take in account they are made cheaply.

The triggers were their main downfall, the heavy double action acting as the safety.

I doubt I buy this new pistol, but glad seeing them introduce new stuff such as this and the 22 cal P17.

I'm in a similar position to you. Mrs. Flash has a PMR30 that she shoots the heck out of on a regular basis and I have 2 P3ATs that I shoot from time to time. I don't shoot them as much as I'd like to because they launch their empties at warp 4 into the next zip code and I'm a reloader.

the PMR30 has an excellent trigger and it's not a DAO.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
The wood gripped model above makes the grip safety look less pronounced to the first few images shown.
Also doesn't look like a polymer frame?

That is the aluminum version

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per the TFB youtube interview,

Polymer msrp 425.
Aluminum msrp 795.

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post