SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock mags by Magpul
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock mags by Magpul Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
There is- or has been- one particular issue with Magpul Glock magazines for the G26 gen5 only:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...700083484#2700083484

Since Magpul is aware of the issue, I imagine they've taken steps to correct it, but I would still avoid this combination.

Good to know it's specific to Gen 5 only. I bought a bunch of Magpuls for my Gen 3 G26, just to have them, since I was woefully low on factory mags (by my standards, at least). Never used them yet, since I rarely even touch the G26 anymore.

That said, I've used a bunch of the Magpuls in my G19s with nary a hitch. A buddy of mine shoots a lot of steel cased in his G19 using Magpul mags or the clear plastic ones. Never seen a malfunction when we shoot together.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Apparently, the issue is caused by the right side slide stop lever, which, of course, is present only on gen5 pistols.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I guess I’ll have to pick up some Magpul Glock mags. Jones, that’s about as solid an endorsement as it gets.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I haven’t used them hard but I use them for my G19 for classes and local matches. No issues, I like the little larger base pad and they are easier to take apart to clean. At half price I feel better about abusing them and disposing of them when needed. I have a few 21rd capacity ones as well just because. I’ve left one loaded for a couple years and no apparent issues but I still need to shoot it.

I still use OEM mags for carry, no real reason.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I will usually order new magazines from Lone Wolf or buy used ones from the pawnshop, but I did buy a couple of PMAG 12 GL 9 12 round magazines for my Gen 3 G26. I like them and they work well.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I finally moved to free America from a 10 round capacity state it was during one of those magazine buying frenzy periods we have all too often lately. I found and bought a couple magpuls to try. That was 7 years ago and lord knows how many thousands of rounds later, and they have held up and worked fine.
While some say you never have enough magazines, I have about 15 now and a few are still new ( the 3 that came with my last new glock) not in the rotation yet.

When I moved I figured I would sell the tens to someone back behind the lines cheap, but then realized ( contrary to a lot of web commentary) my tens worked flawlessly and almost all the competition I shoot a glock in ( gssf, uspsa production,idpa,steel challenge) all mandate 10 round capacity anyway, so I continue to run a mix of full and reduced capacity without issue.
If I needed more mags would not hesitate to buy magpuls at all

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I had a 21rd Magpul Glock mag that I bought to use in my 9mm carbines. It worked flawlessly in my Gen3 G26. It also worked fine in my PSA 9mm AR, although that gun had other issues of its own, not related to the magazine.

My Ruger PC Carbine did not like the Magpul mag. It would insert and feed fine until the second to last round, and then would fail to feed that round every single time. The gun did not have this problem with factory Glock mags, and I only had the one Magpul mag to test, so a sample size of one. It worked fine in everything else, though, so I'm assuming the problem was a tolerance issue between the Ruger and the Magpul designs. I no longer own the mag or either of those guns...but with that one caveat, I'd say the Magpuls are good to go.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I have 30 or so Magpul Glock mags. Academy sports matches online prices and takes an additional 5% off. I always get a few when I go in and have never paid over $10 a piece.

I’ve never had a single problem with any one of them. Mainly for my 17/45 but a few for my 19

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the 21 round mags are a particularly good value. For $15 or so, I simply cannot understand why guys buy $40+ +5 extensions and add them to $25 factory mags.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far, I am very impressed by the new-kid on this block:

https://www.extarusa.com/shop/...-compatible-magazine

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
So far, I am very impressed by the new-kid on this block:

https://www.extarusa.com/shop/...-compatible-magazine

Why, do they work well in guns other than Extar's?

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem with any of the Magpul Glock mags that I have. Only regret is that I didn't buy more before the mag cap limit went into effect here. Frown

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Why, do they work well in guns other than Extar's?

From their page.....
quote:
Compatible with all full-size 9mm (double-stack) Glock handguns and compact and sub-compact variants,

So far just the GLocks. Will try them in my Ruger PC when the weather breaks.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can anyone comment on if dimensionally, how close the 27 round Magpul compares to the factory 24 round Glock magazine?

I know some on here have recommended the 24 round magazine is great for the Ruger PCC and I have wanted to pick up some but they seem to still be a little hard to find, whereas the Magpuls are plentiful and also a little cheaper.

FWIW I have some of the 15 round G19 compatible Magpuls for my Shadow Systems pistols and they have been flawless for me.

Posts: 338 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
There is- or has been- one particular issue with Magpul Glock magazines for the G26 gen5 only:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...700083484#2700083484

Since Magpul is aware of the issue, I imagine they've taken steps to correct it, but I would still avoid this combination.

My Gen5 G26 w/ a pair of 12rnd Magpul mags(shipped 10/2021) choked on soft shooting Blazer Brass the first time out. I gave up after only 20 rnds due to failures to feed w/ the brand new gun. I'm not sure if no metal lining of the mag lip contributes.
Speer Lawman and Fed HST ran perfect w/ the Glock mags.
-I had NO issues w/ slide lock.-

After around 400 rnds through the gun w/ Glock mags, I tried the Magpul 12rnd mags again w/ WWB, Speer Lawman and then the soft shooting Blazer Brass 115grn and had zero problems w/ feeding.

I think they are good to go as range mags for the Gen 5.

And just to be clear, I not once had a problem w/ the slide locking back prematurely. Ever.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I'll also note that the Gen5 26 will also shoot a ragged hole like it's predecessors.
This past range visit, the gentlemen to the right (my buddy) and left of me were struggling w/ their red dot optics. It seemed tuning their dots was never ending.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
So previous range sessions with my Magpul G26 mag and Gen 3 G26 were fine. For whatever reason, today I was having brass not being completely ejected on the last round of the mag with the 12 rounder. Slide wasn't locking back every time and would catch the empty vertically between the slide and barrel hood. Switched back to the factory 10rd mag, no further issues. Really strange.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I’ve got 40 or so at work that see about 70,000 rounds a year. They are training mags and are abused. They get cleaned once per year.

Zero issues.

^^^^
Any reason you only use them as training mags? Based on what you've experienced, they sound like they should be GTG for duty use.

They aren’t authorized for duty use in policy.

We’re starting to move away from them and replace the training mags with factory mags. Only because we have wore them out and can’t rebuild them. I still think they are a good choice, and wouldn’t take what any agency does as a gig. If it has taken us this long to screw them up, with this many rounds down range, they are good to go.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Thanks. I know some local deputies and they recently told me they carry 21 round Magpul magazines on their duty belt. They all told me they haven’t had any problems with them or heard of any with their department.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The only issue I've had with them is they seem to fit a bit looser than factory mags and rattle around a bit. Never had one fall out but it's enough that my P-Mags are used for range trips only and factory for carry.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post