SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock mags by Magpul
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock mags by Magpul Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
I’m wanting to pick up 5-6 extra mags for my 34, I looked at some reviews which said they were okay … anyone that’s actually tried them how are the they holding up? I see they don’t have the metal liner so I’m a little hesitant. On the other hand, I’ve never had a problem with any Magpul product.

What say y’all?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I forgot to check the auto notification box

posted Hide Post
I have a few that I use in my g19, probably have had them for 2+ years.
No issues feeding or stress cracking with mine.

Posts: 1175 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I probably have 25 of them in various capacities. They do not like steel cased ammunition (the polymer coated stuff tends to bind in the tube).

Otherwise they have been utterly reliable. Every couple years I tear them down, run them through the ultrasonic cleaner, and reassemble.

Posts: 5141 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I’ve got 40 or so at work that see about 70,000 rounds a year. They are training mags and are abused. They get cleaned once per year.

Zero issues.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the 21 round version for my Glock 34 in USPSA competition. They got beat up and work just fine. And the price is right.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I shot a Glock all the time, I had and used more MagPul Glock mags than factory Glock mags. Never any problems. If you need some mags buy the MagPuls.

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Russian steel ammo. Or at least I used to when it was dirt cheap. I found the cases would stick in the tubes at times inducing malfunctions. Never had any issues using normal brass cased rounds. At the right price I would buy more and worry not a bit.

Posts: 7326 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a handful of them I use for training, they have been completely reliable no issues over 2 years of moderate use. The springs are significantly more stiff than the factory mags. If I am going to shoot a hundred rounds it's not that big of a deal. If I shoot a few hundred it becomes pretty noticable the stiffness difference. I don't use them for carry use merely because they don't have windows for the rounds.

Posts: 377 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
It looks like I’ll be buying some Magpul Glock mags … at the Glock price I’ll probably get some for my 19 as well!
Thanks all!

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a few that I got as a gift, no problems with them at all.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have many Magpuls for my Glocks. 100% functional and cheap, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I have about 20 of the Magpul mags for my Glock 19. All work as expected, no issues or complaints.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
good to know...I need to pick up some mags too...thanks!

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There is- or has been- one particular issue with Magpul Glock magazines for the G26 gen5 only:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...700083484#2700083484

Since Magpul is aware of the issue, I imagine they've taken steps to correct it, but I would still avoid this combination.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of the 17 rders and up with no issues. They wouldn't fit in my CMMG Banshee though. I'm trying to switch our dept from the 31 to the 45MOS-5 soon and I will just bring all my Magpul 17 round mags to work and toss them in the bin for dedicated range mags.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 31 round mag that I use in my PCC. Flawless so far.

Posts: 21 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: May 20, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eLLegitLegit:
I have a 31 round mag that I use in my PCC. Flawless so far.

Magpul doesn't make a 31-round Glock mag.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I’ve got 40 or so at work that see about 70,000 rounds a year. They are training mags and are abused. They get cleaned once per year.

Zero issues.

^^^^
Any reason you only use them as training mags? Based on what you've experienced, they sound like they should be GTG for duty use.

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing for the same reason as we will, Magpul dedicated to training mags. OEM only for on duty carry.

Liability reasons I guess.

I got flak for having PMAGs as the backup mags for our rifles. I got told to put those to training and order DD mags since our rifles are DD.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post