SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion Series - Green Tint Cerakote
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion Series - Green Tint Cerakote Login/Join 
posted
Has Sig fixed the green tinted cerakote on the legion series? I know the PVD was a nice grey color and they moved to cerakote, however most of the photos I've seen appear greenish, not grey.

Secondarily, Is it still not possible to mount a RMR on the Legion RX? Sig and their proprietary romeo crap is holding back sales.

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 20, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UFG8RMIKE:
Has Sig fixed the green tinted cerakote on the legion series? I know the PVD was a nice grey color and they moved to cerakote, however most of the photos I've seen appear greenish, not grey.

"Fixed"? Just because you don't like the color doesn't mean it needs to be fixed.

quote:
Secondarily, Is it still not possible to mount a RMR on the Legion RX? Sig and their proprietary romeo crap is holding back sales.

"Holding back sales"? They are selling all they make.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's display our best manners, please and welcome our new member.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this is the case of "each person's eyes see things a little differently". To me the Cerakote finish that SIG has been using on the Legions looks bluish gray, with no green overtones. Other example: I've had customers ask to see the "green" gun in the case, pointing at a pistol that to my eyes (and the manufacturers' as well) is plainly FDE. Sometimes the interpretation is influenced by the lighting on the color, sometimes it's just the person's own perception.

-MG

Posts: 1994 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I've never quite been able to figure out the 'color' on my two legions... I guess it's grey... all I know is I like it. I think I'll go look at them again....

and I have never had problem one with their "proprietary Romeo crap."

Oh, and welcome.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The latest Legion SKUs show the R2 footprint, which should have two sets of holes: one for the DPP, R1P, Romeo 2, and technically anything using the RMSc footprint (Romeo Zero, 507K, etc), and the other set for RMR footprint optics (including Holosun 407C/507C/508T and Ameriglo Haven).

I believe that any of the RMR or RMSc footprint optics will do best with a plate to bracket the optic.

Sig's biggest issue has not been sticking to Romeo-compatible optic cuts, it's been changing the damn thing four times. Makes it really hard for aftermarket plate makers to keep up.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Sig's biggest issue has not been sticking to Romeo-compatible optic cuts, it's been changing the damn thing four times. Makes it really hard for aftermarket plate makers to keep up.

And figuring out a what point in the life cycle the changes were made. They aren't the most transparent company in that regards.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post