SIGforum
Legion Series - Green Tint Cerakote

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5710045394

July 21, 2022, 08:08 AM
UFG8RMIKE
Legion Series - Green Tint Cerakote
Has Sig fixed the green tinted cerakote on the legion series? I know the PVD was a nice grey color and they moved to cerakote, however most of the photos I've seen appear greenish, not grey.

Secondarily, Is it still not possible to mount a RMR on the Legion RX? Sig and their proprietary romeo crap is holding back sales.
July 21, 2022, 07:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by UFG8RMIKE:
Has Sig fixed the green tinted cerakote on the legion series? I know the PVD was a nice grey color and they moved to cerakote, however most of the photos I've seen appear greenish, not grey.

"Fixed"? Just because you don't like the color doesn't mean it needs to be fixed.

quote:
Secondarily, Is it still not possible to mount a RMR on the Legion RX? Sig and their proprietary romeo crap is holding back sales.

"Holding back sales"? They are selling all they make.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

July 21, 2022, 07:59 PM
parabellum
Let's display our best manners, please and welcome our new member.
July 22, 2022, 11:34 AM
monoblok
I think this is the case of "each person's eyes see things a little differently". To me the Cerakote finish that SIG has been using on the Legions looks bluish gray, with no green overtones. Other example: I've had customers ask to see the "green" gun in the case, pointing at a pistol that to my eyes (and the manufacturers' as well) is plainly FDE. Sometimes the interpretation is influenced by the lighting on the color, sometimes it's just the person's own perception.

-MG
July 22, 2022, 04:12 PM
Blume9mm
I've never quite been able to figure out the 'color' on my two legions... I guess it's grey... all I know is I like it. I think I'll go look at them again....

and I have never had problem one with their "proprietary Romeo crap."

Oh, and welcome.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
July 22, 2022, 05:03 PM
DaBigBR
The latest Legion SKUs show the R2 footprint, which should have two sets of holes: one for the DPP, R1P, Romeo 2, and technically anything using the RMSc footprint (Romeo Zero, 507K, etc), and the other set for RMR footprint optics (including Holosun 407C/507C/508T and Ameriglo Haven).

I believe that any of the RMR or RMSc footprint optics will do best with a plate to bracket the optic.

Sig's biggest issue has not been sticking to Romeo-compatible optic cuts, it's been changing the damn thing four times. Makes it really hard for aftermarket plate makers to keep up.
July 27, 2022, 05:23 PM
DanH
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Sig's biggest issue has not been sticking to Romeo-compatible optic cuts, it's been changing the damn thing four times. Makes it really hard for aftermarket plate makers to keep up.

And figuring out a what point in the life cycle the changes were made. They aren't the most transparent company in that regards.