SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 SAO to DA/SA conversion?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 SAO to DA/SA conversion? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

You do realize that if you're shooting a single action cowboy revolver, that's exactly how you decock it if you decide not to fire, right?

Since my only application for a single action revolver is CAS under range safety and course of fire requirements, I have never had to decock a SAA. If you do so, you will end up with the hammer either leaning on a primer or in the weak quarter cock notch.

I have many times decocked a CZ75 but again, at a match or serious practice with a lot of care. I understand that it is easier to get a hair trigger on the plain DA-SA than their decocker.

I have also shot a Sig DA-SA and decocked via lever and felt better off.

I was once much taken with the SAO guns and would have run after the OP crying "don't cut it, give it to me." But I have gotten over that.

I remain doubtful of converting SAO to DA-SA and think that if he just must, he could get a factory gun and take off the decocking lever. I think it unwise, but it could be done.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonTy:
I wasn't going to be around as I am done with the A-holes posting nonsense from their mothers basement (most probably don't even own a gun).
You're going to cut the shit, or you're going to leave- immediately, and I don't particularly care which of these you do.

You don't like it here? Then, get out.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post