SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a SIG 320
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a SIG 320 Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
If the 45 held more rounds I'd have gone that way from the get go

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed by the capacity in the full-sized .45 P320, which only has 10 round mags. The Compact .45's 9 round mags are more workable, though. Equivalent to a Glock 30.

Posts: 32524 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Way ahead of them. Ive got 3. Most recently with the Romeo1 optic. I like the 320!.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5302 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We'll see if it survives the new administration. I had one, did not impress, didn't do anything my G19 wouldn't. The modularity is neat but worthless due to their pricing on caliber exchange kits, might as well buy a new pistol.

Compromises don't work and trying to get one gun to fill multiple roles won't work either.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cant find a sub compact around me in a 9mm, or .45

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And why do I think it's only going to get worse?

Posts: 303 | Location: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: January 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought 3 in 9mm. I would like to purchase two more in .357 Sig. I was having trouble with the grip being too round which lead to some accuracy issues. I modified the grips with a belt sander and some stipple work, they work much better now. However the grips do feel more like a 2x4, but at least it is easier to make fast hits with them.

-c1steve

Posts: 4057 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my first P320, a FS 9mm, when I traded my G23 Gen4 on it two years ago. It was like-new. Liked it enough that I bought a FS 45 locally a few months later, when they first came out.

My 3rd and most recent P320, a Cabela's RX version, came just before Christmas.

Took a close look at the X5 and VTAC models at SHOT last week, but am saving my pennies for when the new P210 is available.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I converted my best buddy to the 320 fold today. He ran his 229 up against my 320 this morning, shooting it in full size and compact configurations. After the first hundred rounds, he tells me "dammit, guess I'm buying a gun today."

He texts me this afternoon, with a snapshot of his new 320 compact in 9mm. Big Grin

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanie-Bean
posted Hide Post
I did buy one in 9x19, and another in .45ACP. Picked up a .357SIG conversion kit while they weren't too expensive.

Unfortunately, the price hike brings the price really close to a brand new P320. I suppose that if I'm buying any more of them, I'll go for the whole thing.

The whole modularity thing with their pistols and rifles sounded good on paper and in theory, but I've had trouble with parts availability--and I'm a SIG Sauer armorer!

Ammo by Dillon and Hornady
NRA Life Member

Posts: 496 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Texas Raider:
Take a Dremel to the "hook" on the P320 trigger guard. I imagine you could do the same to the rail but___you'd never be able to attach a weapon light later on.
I also removed the trigger guard "hook" on my
Glock 43.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I *almost* picked one up at the Cabellas in Buda on my way through last week. But I got fed up with how long it took to actually go through the purchase process and left. There were two people waiting ahead of me in line, plus two people that were actually at the cash registers, and four counter clerks in the firearm purchase area. 30 minutes later there were still two people waiting in line ahead of me, plus two people that were actually at the cash registers. It wasn't worth the wait.

All other things being equal, shooting is 80% person and 20% gun. The rest is just luck.

Posts: 1897 | Registered: May 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Actually, you very well can. How? Spend $40 and buy a new grip frame. Want to turn back time (or a bad stipple job) on a Glock? You're buying a new gun.

This is one of the beauties of the modular system that has nothing to do with caliber or size conversion.

quote:
Originally posted by Horn:
Texas Raider:
Take a Dremel to the "hook" on the P320 trigger guard. I imagine you could do the same to the rail but___ you'd never be able to attach a weapon light later on.
I also removed the trigger guard "hook" on my
Glock 43.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win Forever
posted Hide Post
Uhh sorry… Not at all interested in a P320. Shot it and did not like it. Just my preference for the classic P series handguns and have zero desire to purchase any of Sig’s newer offerings. Roll Eyes

Posts: 691 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcba_joe
posted Hide Post
I've wanted a P320 since testing for the preproduction prototype program. I just left before they were in production and available for sale. Frown

Now that they're supposed to be adopted, I'm very interested in getting both variants of the M17 when they are released. I just left the Army, but I'd still like having the DoD handgun in my safe.

I'm also eying the X-Carry and VTAC.

If the P320 wasn't the new Army handgun I'd still be buying one down the road, but now I'm not terribly interested in the standard models.

Posts: 195 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
If the 45 held more rounds I'd have gone that way from the get go

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed by the capacity in the full-sized .45 P320, which only has 10 round mags. The Compact .45's 9 round mags are more workable, though. Equivalent to a Glock 30.

I get that 15rd is difficult and in most cases unwieldy. Putting my FNX45 next to my G21 is a perfect illustration of that. I may play with a +2 extension on one of my G21 mags, but I just can't believe any manufacturer would think anyone is ok with a 10rd double stack in a full size 45 anymore, and not a ban state config.

FNX at 15, G21 at 13, PPQ at 12, M&P at 14, 227 at 14 etc., there has to be a way to get at least 12-13 in a P320 full size.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Would "MAGGUTS" be an option?

http://magguts.com/

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

The only SIG that Magguts has a kit for is the P238.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

The only SIG that Magguts has a kit for is the P238.

I should have checked before suggesting that source. With the P320 popularity and enough encouragement that could change.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No I won't!

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Gents, I will say what we are seeing today in the 320 realm is the tip of the iceberg. Exciting times are coming!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post