SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions on Revenant/Matrix P2269 Frames
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on Revenant/Matrix P2269 Frames Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
I'm looking to build a dedicated 9mm P229 as all of mine were originally .40 and with some being Stainless, Sports models, and the like, I don't really wanna mess with those too much from their original form.

SO....was thinking I'd pick up a legacy slides and throw it on a Matrix 2296 frame.

Anyone have one? Kinda like a Carry P320 right? Shorter slide with slightly longer grip? How are you liking it? The size that is, the fit and finish I've already heard are factory esque.

Takes P226 magazines, no problems with 18, 20 round Mecgars and aftermarket magazines?

As a side note, sitting on a full build P225 minus the frame but Matrix aint done me a solid yet!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Member 12131 did a full report here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/4160010794/p/1
(his was a P228/P229 [9] frame if I recall)

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1545 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
He's asking specifically about the P2269 frame, though. About the balance of carrying the P229 slide atop the P226 frame. Wink

Q

Posts: 26405 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
Member 12131 did a full report here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/4160010794/p/1
(his was a P228/P229 [9] frame if I recall)

Eah, I've read Q and other members reviewing their revenant/matrix frames on the other forum and here and I know they all sing the praises. I'm more interested in the 226 grip with 229 slide dichotomy. I'm picturing it as a nice compromise. Hoping others can chime in with their opinions.

ETA: I've had many interactions with the folks at Matrix and they are stand up. I'm pushing em to make a P225 frame if only for a limited run Big Grin

I consider them an excellent company an wont hesitate to buy from them but I want to weigh my options WRT this build.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I built a P2296 a few months ago. I don't particularly care for the look of the "pro-cut" Sig slide that I used, but I got a really good deal on it so that's what's on there for now. I'm also not a fan of tac rails. I almost didn't get the frame because of the tac rail, but I had been thinking for years that Sig might have made a shorter P226/higher capacity P229, and my interest/curiosity obviously got the better of me.

The internals of this build are all new stock/Matrix parts except the Gray guide rod, Gray ELS, Sig SRT, and Armorycraft hammer.

I've got a Gray ELS in almost every Sig I own, but this one is most definitely the best of them all. In fact, this is just the best trigger I have in any handgun. I'm not sure how that happened.

I think the Gcode paired well with the pistol. I don't normally put all-metal guns in non-leather holsters, but I also don't carry guns with tac rails, and I think the rail helps with a more secure fit in this case.

This balance, feel, weight, and shootability of the gun is EXCELLENT (including with other "standard" P229 slides). I shoot it just as well as my P226 Legion. As far as grip shape/size, I have no preference for the P226 vs. the P229--I've always liked both. I've carried this with the 18 round Mecgars, and I do very much appreciate being able to load a few extra rounds with P226 mags.

The main trade off with this is that the longer grip is harder to conceal than a P228/9, but that's obvious going into it.

I think Matrix is on to something here.

If this were something Sig made when I was a LEO, I think it would've been the best duty weapon for me. Not as heavy as my P226, but just as many rounds, plus the potential for faster draw.

I like this gun so much that I plan to build 2 more: one in .357 Sig and another with a P228 slide. I have all the parts except the frames, because I really want frames without tac rails. I've asked Matrix if they would do that and they said they could, so I'm waiting on that. Perhaps if others are interested and ask them as well they might jump on it!!

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
As a side note, sitting on a full build P225 minus the frame but Matrix aint done me a solid yet!

It seems to me that the thing that holds this back is magazine availability. If Mec-gar started offering P225 magazines this would be a viable way to breathe life into a P225 with a worn frame.

There isn't a whole lot to break on a classic P2XX Sig.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neex:
I really want frames without tac rails. I've asked Matrix if they would do that [a P2269 frame without tac rail] and they said they could, so I'm waiting on that. Perhaps if others are interested and ask them as well they might jump on it!!

I do not care for tac rails of the P2XX classic Sigs. If Matrix make a rail-less P2269 frame I'll have to buy on just on principal.

I'm still trying to get time (and parts) for my two rail-less P226 frames I bought from Matrix.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post