Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need new CCW Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Haven't handled a CSX but guessing closest is a 239.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SPHINX SDP COMPACT

Kriss

Only handled them at SHOT show. But, kinda sexy guns.

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I handled a CSX awhile ago. Nice little pistol. Elicited exactly zero interest in me though. Put me in the crowd of make this a DA/SA or bring back the 3rd gen. Not sure who makes decisions like this one because I would bet a bundle it won't be a success even though it is a fine little gun. Everyone who wanted a 238/938 probably already bought one. Day late, dollar short. Make it a TDA though and I would buy one.

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
If you like the CZ Compact, CZ also previously made the CZ 2075 RAMI which is smaller.

If you were interested I see them on Gunbroker, various Gun forums etc., they're definitely not "rare" etc, they only stopped making them maybe 2 years ago or so.

Here's a little article on the CZ 2075 with some pictures.

https://www.guns.com/news/2021...-little-cz-2075-rami

I'd also add a vote for a used P239 in 9mm they can be found for reasonable prices and magazines are still being made and are about 30 bucks online from what I've paid recently for brand new SIG wrapped magazines made in Italy (probably Mec-Gar)

I once had a EAA subcompact that was chambered in 9mm Largo (9X21MM, it was a new gun I bought at a gun show for a song basically) and they make solid guns from my experience with that one.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ordered a CZ PCR from Cajun Gun Works. Not very fond of used guns has kept me away from the RAMI. But, if I run across a new one I'll be trying to buy it. Thanks for the review.

This will be a larger CCW for me and I'm looking forward to giving it a try. It hits all my wants and it doesn't have a damn rail.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Beretta 92x compact earlier this year and it is my carry gun now. I really like it and it fits all your requirements.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Love the love for CZ's in this thread. As the owner of a 2075 Rami, P07, and P10S, I concur. I'd say P07 if hammer fired is a must and P10S if flexible.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May I ask — Why are you replacing the Rohrbaugh? It seems to fit most of your wishes.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everyone who wanted a 238/938 probably already bought one.

That's not been our shop's experience. We get requests for 938s quite often (the 238 not so much) even as SIG isn't making very many of them at this time, and somewhat surprisingly a significant number of these inquiries are from current or past P365 owners. With the lack of 238s and 938s, over the past couple of years we've discovered that we haven't had any problem selling instead the direct competitor from Kimber, their Micro 380 and Micro 9. SIG's loss, I guess.

As for the CSX itself, we've only been able to sell a small number of these so far. It seems so far that only fans of the S&W brand have shown interest in the gun, but that only goes as far as their collective fondness of the old 1st through 3rd gen pistols. As a couple of prior posts have noted, the fact that the CSX is SAO has put many a damper on an actual purchase. Which sucks for us, and for future orders from S&W if this trend doesn't change.

Congrats on the OP's choice of the 75 D PCR. I've always liked this gun though the DA pull could stand some refinement. CGW however is just the people to take care of that.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why are you replacing the Rohrbaugh? It seems to fit most of your wishes.

You are correct, however the sights on the Rohrbaugh are not good. Although I am getting a bigger CCW the Rohrbaugh will always be in my pocket as a backup.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Simple answer... P239.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
quote:
Why are you replacing the Rohrbaugh? It seems to fit most of your wishes.

You are correct, however the sights on the Rohrbaugh are not good. Although I am getting a bigger CCW the Rohrbaugh will always be in my pocket as a backup.

I understand now.
Love the PCR. Great choice if the size works for you. I have a couple that have been worked over by CGW. CGW makes it a near custom level, yet lightweight gun. Enjoy it.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That's what I thought when I saw the OP's criteria. Discontinued, if that matters. But what he's looking for goes against the grain of where the gun industry is going, so looking at older guns is necessary if he wants to stick with that set of attributes. If he would accept a poly-striker gun, he's have a plethora of new guns to choose from.

quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
CZ RAMI

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Classic P225 / P6. P225A1. P239. If you can get past a non metal frame: CZ P-07.

P225
(I would also go with HK P7 or P7M8, but some may not want to carry that one.)

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
I would throw in a recommendation for the Lionheart Regulus Beta (compact version). Shot it a few weeks ago and I was quite surprised at how well it shot and it's not as heavy as I anticipated when I looked at it. That's a new one that I wanted to add to the list.

My ABSOLUTE recommendation would be a 225 or a 225-a1. Not sure about your hands, but the odd trigger guard shape always would wrap my knuckles whenever I would fire and it just wasn't pleasant.....now the 225. *chef's kiss*

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NerdRage80,

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post