SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig forum?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig forum? Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21121 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Over the years, the Glock thread has been repeatedly referred to as "fly paper for trolls".

And here we are again, showing the truth of that statement.

Ahem… it’s “Idjits.” Razz

It’s too bad our angry young friend didn’t stick around long enough to become one of the many to shit on that thread and then eventually buy one.

Posts: 17209 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
The search feature sucks, too!! Mad

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, I've been wondering how long it was going to take with this one. Guess now we know.

Posts: 8650 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I saw the other thread first and I was going to say something along the lines of "The OP is right, this group is a bunch of Glock fanatics. That's why it's called... Sigforum."

But I see the OP beat me to it but he actually means it. Wow.

He's definitely not good with logic because when he challenged someone to prove him wrong, he showed his ignorance because the burden of proof is on the person who is making the initial claim who is the OP. It's not for somebody else to disprove the OP's claim.

Your logical fallacy is burden of proof

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19702 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
Jeez, I skip the forum for a day and miss all the drama…

Posts: 271 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LMLarsen:

Ummm...the thread started today, no?

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
I thought my 4 year old granddaughter was a flaming-ass crybaby drama queen (and she is, the little maturing angel), but this jjc got even her beat (and she will eventually grow up . . . ).

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Nitwit could have at least waited a day. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6957 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
In the words of William F. Buckley "Cancel your own G-----n subscription".

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
These are guns, not wives. We can enjoy variety and not betray some vow of monogamy. I love SIGs. I love HKs. I love Glocks. I love Walthers. I love Berettas. I love 1911s. I love revolvers. Etc. I've slept with them all. You know what? I'm a slut. There I said it.

I belong to another forum which demands discussion include the forum focused brand only. Anything else gets deleted. Been a member since '01. I visit once a day. I rarely participate. There is no variety so once everything possible has been discussed, it becomes repetition. Boring.

Here there are enthusiasts of all kinds of guns. Some of which I share the enthusiasm, some not so much. What's point of raining on the parade? State your perspective and move on. The world doesn't revolve around you.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Wow, just when I thought all the nut jobs were gone. This idiot comes along.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow...just Wow...Parabellum, you run a good forum, keep up the good work, and a sincere, Thanks...from all of us...best regards, Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 728 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by LMLarsen:

Ummm...the thread started today, no?

Pretty sure he means this thread. I'm guessing a lot of people don't venture into the Glock thread because it's so long.

Posts: 5166 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This incendiary little interloper (jjc) cannot take away from the great pleasure I get from reading detailed and intelligent conversations on SigForum about so many important aspects of firearms. The one thing that distinguishes this forum, perhaps, is that we are all here eager to learn, and eager to excel. Whether it's an HK P7, Sig P226, Glock 19, or an 1898 7.63 Broomhandle Mauser, we are at some level all fascinated by high quality manufacturing, and we enjoy passing on what we've learned in life about the firearms we own to others in order to help them. Para does a fantastic job moderating discussions for our members.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
These are guns, not wives. We can enjoy variety and not betray some vow of monogamy. I love SIGs. I love HKs. I love Glocks. I love Walthers. I love Berettas. I love 1911s. I love revolvers. Etc. I've slept with them all. You know what? I'm a slut. There I said it.

This is how I see it. I don’t see Glockies I see Gunies

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]You always have to pop into threads like this and stick your fucking foot in your mouth. As usual, you don't know what you're talking about. This forum has been in operation for more than two decades. There have been plenty of negative things said about Glocks. It's ridiculous to say this is not so. When you see someone say something like "A budget version of a Glock is better than Glocks themselves" and gets stepped on for such bullshit, you think this means no one can legitimately criticize Glocks.

Where were you during the whole "brass to the face" period? That was discussed at great length in this forum.

You need to understand something- at some point, I'm going to get tired of you playing the forum contrarian. I am patient with a thing until I am patient with it no more, and that has a tendency to happen suddenly. You keep your critiques of this forum to yourself.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Para, I really don't understand.

So, I don't care for Glocks... what's the big deal... sure seems like a lot of folks here do and I respect that... For a long time I did feel kind of like the folks that criticize a movie or a book but only from what they've heard from others... And so for this reason as well as a rifle I chose to buy I bought a Glock last year.... then because I readily admit I do have a little addiction problem I bought another one.... both were in 357 Sig and I realized I really needed one in 9mm and so along comes a third. You know they shoot pretty good.... but I will stick by this from my own personal experience, for atriker fired my Sig P320 compact is a better pistol. I like Sig 'P' pistols and I guess I'm prejudice.... and I've have learned so much from this forum there is not way to pay back. Sorry, I missed the brass in your face thing... got a link? I have a Springfield 911 that likes to do that.

Edit: Also, and I am limited in my knowledge on this, isn't it interesting that one of the best places on the internet to learn and discuss Glocks is here on the Sig forum?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blume9mm,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I can be pessimistic and go against the flow as often as anyone here Blue, but I think the difference in offering a contradicting opinion and painting a broad stroke across the whole forum is that your accusation is simply wrong.

It’s “truth” in your eyes but not in fact. There isn’t a firearm in existence that hasn’t been criticized to some degree here. And if you can imagine, with a large enough sample size and time, the amount of complaints against any certain system is pretty comparable to the quality of the firearm. I think that’s just the way it goes, JM Marlins, West German Sigs, etc. always have hard pushers but at the end of day, if you remain objective, it all balances here pretty well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6340 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
"but god forbid you say something bad about a Glock" = untrue blanket statement

Glock "brass in face" = specific known issue

Q

Posts: 26470 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As noted in my other posts, I have no love or respect for this jjc character. Fortunately, he self-immolated and self-evaporated.

Hence, why are we still discussing the piles of poop he left behind? You know he's still monitoring the forum and is quite pleased with the stench he's left on the floor.

IMHO, all we're doing is dignifying his incivility, immaturity and stupidity.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post