SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which of your pistols do you find the most fun to shoot at the range?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which of your pistols do you find the most fun to shoot at the range? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mk 25 .

Posts: 367 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lurking around
every corner
posted Hide Post
My most fun is with my Ruger MKIII Hunter. There's just something relaxing about shooting it. It really helped my shooting with larger caliber pistols too.

Lately I've heard some people at the range comment on how it's "only a 22" or "anyone can shoot like that with a 22", probably because I switched from ear plugs to electronic muffs and just couldn't hear them before. So, it doesn't get much range time anymore in favor of my P226, which is also fun to shoot.

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades... and I'm out of horseshoes!

Posts: 193 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
^ hey man, don't let the unsolicited opinion of idiots keep you from shooting that Mk III. One, they're wrong. Two, you are developing useful skills with that gun that do translate to other platforms, not to mention the Mk series are excellent guns and great fun to shoot. Who cares what the peanut gallery thinks! I'd also be tempted to offer to let those commenters shoot the gun and see if they can put their money where their mouth is...more than likely they can't.

Posts: 8543 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Ruger MkII and 10/22 are probably my favorite to shoot!
I refer to them as my $20 gun. I can shoot all day long for about $20. Try that with any other caliber. I was at my friends farm the other day doing some shooting with friends, brought out 4 handguns (one was the MkII), AR, 10/22 and the shotgun.
Between my son and I, the ones we put the most amount of rounds through were the .22's. Paper, steel, cans... Everything except for the Tannerite.

After the .22 is probably one of my .45's
Either one of the 1911's or the G-21.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several faves. A LTT Elite fullsize w/ a Trijicon SRO, my USP Expert 9mm, and laugh as much as you want for my favorite currently owned striker fire… a Beretta fullsize APX. Such a nice trigger for a striker fire, great ergonomics, and accurate.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Toss Up -
▪️ Another vote for the Mk25
▪️ Colt Government Model 70 (Commercial)
▪️ M17 Commemorative

These are range guns that I shoot on Saturdays with friends. Fun differs from pracice.

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P226 X-5 is pretty fun. A real joy to shoot. Taurus Tx22 is pretty fun for a 22 . It’s reliability is unbelievable for a 22.

Posts: 987 | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W model 17, beautiful trigger and very accurate.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I've always found the P225/P6 very pleasant to shoot.

+1 on the P225 . I have older W German models and a newer 225-A1. Love the single stack 9s

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My g34 is probably my favorite to shoot. Just picked up a CZ pcr and have a feeling it's going to a lot of fun.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Both handguns shown are my current indoor range favorites. The SBR + can is more fun outdoors.

Posts: 4022 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillF:
S&W model 17, beautiful trigger and very accurate.

The S&W 17 was my second choice after the S&W 41.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
As someone else said my MPX technically. But coming in as a true pistol I'd say my Walther PPQ with the can on it. Can bang steel gongs with ease at surpassingly comfortable range.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy my P226 and P229 the best of all my pistols. I have been shooting the P series since 1987 and it just feels totally natural to me. SRTs in both and Gray Guns fat struts. Really great shooting pistols.

I do also enjoy shooting 357 mag revolvers, but ammo has gotten so scarce I rarely shoot them now.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
The 3 I almost always take are the 70 Series Gold Cup in .45, the Sig 229/228 9mm and the Ruger MKII.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say my Les Baer TRS. It's my favorite 1911 and on Memorial Day my grandson asked if we could go to the range for an early birthday celebration. He would be working on my birthday and wanted to spend some time with me and his GMa. I decided it would be a 1911 day and brought my TRS, Wilson Combat CQB and STI Target Master 45. After shooting all 3, he said that the TRS was his favorite. Good to have confirmation.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG P229 Sport - .357 SIG. Hefty, great trigger, perfect flash and "exhaust note" with the compensator.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right now it's my LTT Elite Centurion

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LTT PX4 Compact Carry RDO. The recoil of 9mm is already relatively low but the PX4 tames it even more.

Posts: 347 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
8" Sig MPX

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post