SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which of your pistols do you find the most fun to shoot at the range?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which of your pistols do you find the most fun to shoot at the range? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
1905 Colt SSA in 38-40.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P220 Carry 45 followed by P239 357

Posts: 158 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Either of my Staccatos, followed by my 220 SAO with .22 conversion kit.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the CZ Shadow 2.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
My P228 SAS

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Staccato. Love my C2. Also love my Mark 23, it’s just pure joy.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what day is it, what is the weather, how do I feel. there are lots of variables... but mostly the most fun things I like to shoot are either historically significant (like this weekend I will drag out my WW1 and WW2 guns and think about the history, or things that make me giggle. Best giggle gun at that at the moment is the HK MP5. I giggle every time I reload it and slap the charging handle.
My other stuff is for serious work and while its enjoyable in some sense its always a bit too near the idea of 'practice' rather than pure fun.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
40 year old Model 41 Smith&Wesson.

Same here. Plenty of other handguns are fun, but it's hard to beat this one.

...but when I think about it, my Ruger New Vaquero .357 stainless with a 4.75" barrel shooting mild .38's is about as big of a giggle as I get at the range.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Two Glocks in .38 Super.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ Shadow 2 OR with a Holosun 507C GR. I am entering the “World of the Dot” and it is pretty amazing!

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My open top conversions and my C96.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post

It will be even more fun when the suppressor stamp gets approved.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I have "several" handguns, but always enjoyed shooting my 1911's the most. This one in particular:

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Ruger 22 Charger.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Staccato XL. My Staccato P and C2 are fun to shoot but less so compared to the XL.

I just bought a Ruger Vaquero .357 that I haven't shot yet so that may become the new favorite but doubtful over the XL.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying my P226 MK25 the most at the moment. I do also always love shooting my 1911s with my favorite being one of my Ed Brown Executive Elite 45s.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've always found the P225/P6 very pleasant to shoot.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tough question. Easiest and most fun aren’t necessarily the same thing.

My 1911, even with tiny “original” sights is easy to make a ragged hole. But it’s not a ton of fun to shoot. Maybe partly because it’s a safe queen, so I shoot it very statically.

The P7 is not one of the most recoil friendly pistols, but because it’s different it’s fun. Fixed barrel makes tight groups inevitable.

Weirdly, I’m not very good at shooting either of those rapid fire well. They just don’t settle down into a nice rhythm for me. That’s where the P229 and P320 really excel, though I don’t rapid fire very often.

There’s something about the FNS/509 that makes it fun to shoot. They’re not great pistols, but they still were surprisingly fun to shoot. Haven’t yet been able to put my finger on it.

But, my first pistol was my .40 P229. Just a nice smooth trigger, everything familiar about it. It’s like catching up with an old friend.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
My Staccato XC. Shooting that with a Holosun on top is like cheating. So accurate, no muzzle rise, easy follow up shots. Bad mofo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
226 legion SAO

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post