SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P322 in .22lr
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P322 in .22lr Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted
See attached video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2_0cN53ZwI

and another video from TFB TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...pr4&ab_channel=TFBTV

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They had me at fluted chamber.

Seriously, I like this gun. Would I have liked it better if it was compatible with the 365? Yes, but making rimfires work is hard. This thing just killed my Glock 44 unless it turns out to be a dog.

20 rounds, 25 extended, fluted chamber has to help, smart idea that I don’t think I’ve ever heard used on a rimfire. (No idea if that is true or not I’m no historian)

Once I get over my sadness at it not magically working on my 365 frames, I’m sold. It hits pretty much everything I need or want in a 22. High capacity is fun. Fiber optics should be standard. Optics ready is nice. Threaded but not extended is massive to me. I hate threaded barrels without suppressors. Having the threads within the slide dimensions is a win.

I really hope this thing doesn’t choke in real life.

Posts: 7327 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really hope this thing doesn’t choke in real life.

Me too. Time will tell. Could be a homerun.

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Color me interested. if they can keep it sub $500 they may be onto something.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Hmm, interested

I may have missed it, what's the slide made out of?

I have fondled Glocks 22 and Berettas 92-22, both felt like cheap garbage

Posts: 5291 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
If this had been a conversion kit for the 365xl I might be more interested, similar to the kadet on the cz75. 2 mags is a plus at least.

Posts: 3478 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I like this 20 round mags, nice, might have to sell the G44 and move to one ....

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The slide is listed as alloy.
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Hmm, interested

I may have missed it, what's the slide made out of?

I have fondled Glocks 22 and Berettas 92-22, both felt like cheap garbage

Posts: 75 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 18, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first video showed anodized aluminum.
MSRP 399.99

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 280 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That price is guaranteed to make this a good seller. I will try one out for sub 400.

Posts: 7327 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
take my money..hopefully this will atone for the mosquito. And if it runs well I will dump my taurus tx22

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Pass. They burned me on the mosquito.

Posts: 7387 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Have no interest, or need, have the rimfire handgun dept. well taken care of. But by the looks of it, may very well avoid the Mosquito curse.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16600 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Very nice SIG!

Here is another link with a whole lot of info and pictures.
https://www.guns.com/news/2022...er-meet-the-new-p322

"Designed and constructed totally in New Hampshire by Sig, the P322 is a hammer-fired 20+1 shot .22 LR pistol that is, more than anything else, dependable with common ammo. This is no mean feat when the notoriously unreliable cartridge is its fodder. Using an internal stainless steel frame inside a polymer grip, the pistol's aluminum slide contains a single-action-only enclosed hammer."

RELIABILITY

"As part of the design validation process, Sig's engineers spent more than 15 months subjecting prototype guns to a grueling and demanding series of tests, rebuilding and refining the standard as they went. This included 5,000 dry fires on each pistol and running three guns through 40,000 rounds of a wide mix of .22 LR loads drawn from across the ammo market. To ensure the P322 would be ready for hard use with accessories, half of the test guns were outfitted with optics and a variety of suppressors were utilized to ensure compatibility.

In the end, Sig's engineers developed a rimfire semi-auto pistol that had a "mean rounds between stoppage" rate of over 1,000 rounds, an almost unheard of benchmark for a .22 LR autoloader."

Looks like a P365XL by the published dimensions suggest that it is the size of the P320 Compact with a tad longer grip. probably Glock 45 sized.

Can't wait to check this one out. Don't expect it be cheap but I am OK with that especially being made in USA at SIG rather than another Umarex.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p322-22.html

length - 7 inches
width - 1.4 inches including controls
barrel length - 4 inches
height - 5.5 inches
weight - 17.1 ounces

Posts: 9729 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No gold trigger/barrel?

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news and perfect timing for me. I lost a $100 but I dumped my jammo-matic (early) Glock 44 a couple of weeks ago. Not to be a Debbie-Downer on Glocks, but it is/was pretty cheaply made and would only cycle Stingers reliably. Ole' Gaston needs to get his engineering dept on the job and get an at least 15-rd + reliable magazine designed. Kudos to SIG on this one.

Forgot to mention, the video I saw did not mention, or show, a steel reinforcement pin or pins for the slide release. Hafta figure they worked that one out but I can't see it.

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sure the Custom Shop Spector is waiting in the wings for those that require bling
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
No gold trigger/barrel?

John Adams

Posts: 280 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If this proves to be reliable feeding, next hurdle will be finding 22LR ammo.

Sig have been cranking them guns in the past few years.

Posts: 178 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: December 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Availability?

Posts: 54 | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 on Gunbroker, starting at $449 Nothing on online retailers yet
quote:
Originally posted by Renegade:
Availability?

John Adams