SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Am I the only one with a gun buying addiction?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I the only one with a gun buying addiction? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I`am with ya brother , just picked up a new Beretta apxa1 which has been flawless , then 2 weeks later a Smith CSX and ex mags , a week ago , now I M looking at the SW ez Shield stuff in 9 , and I just traded a Shield 2.0 a few mo back .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
Originally posted by NMDave:

Ha Ha Smile There is only one P226 left on my wish list. When I find the right deal, an all stainless version will be next...

I happened upon an Allround a few years back. Found some Nills on Black Friday and then liked it even more. When you find one, you won't be disappointed.

That is what I am hoping will happen to me. Almost happened once but I had just drained my fun budget for home improvements.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
So, there are now 6 P226 models in my safe. To .38supersig - every one of my P226s are different. Even the duplicate vintage models were made in different years Big Grin

Cool.

I have a few P226s as well. One in every caliber. Wink

Ha Ha Smile There is only one P226 left on my wish list. When I find the right deal, an all stainless version will be next. Different strokes for different folks but it’s like Sig designed and built that damn 226 model specifically for me.

I feel exactly the same way!

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Have this long list of candidates in my mind. When opportunity and means collide they come home. Sometimes there are multiple collisions in short order.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I sympathize with your addiction. My budget is a frequent source of forced sobriety for me.

Posts: 3154 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Couple of months back a fellow member here offered a Sig P250 in .380 and no one would bite. The only reason I bought it was because it was a Sig and a reasonably good deal.... So, I go to pick it up at my FFL and on the way our walk by just glancing over the display cases of pistols.... 45acps..... nope not interested.. 40 cals... mostly Glocks... nope not interested... two cases with 9mms of course and too many to really look close at and it would be silly anyway since I'm carrying the Sig case with the P250 in it that I just bought and finished the transfer on.... then ... there it was just sitting there packed in with a lot of others.... Sig P226 Legion SAO..... and my dealer does not sell cheap these days.... I did get a $50 discount.... $1,200 dollars out the door.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will have to say that sometimes life circumstances get in the way of gun purchases. Family health has certainly intervened in my situation. Enjoy the good times. As I have found they don’t always last.

Certainly do not intend this to come across as being a downer for anyone. Just facts of life.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own too many guns, but do not believe in duplicates.
I make sure all of my guns have different serial numbers.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club.., I call myself a collector, sometimes I step back and realize I’m also a bit of an “accumulator”

quote:
Originally posted by Ssrnety:
I’m pretty much consumed with buying guns. Some I haven’t even fired. Pistol, automatics, rifles, shotguns. I like them all.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been a good month. I picked up a Cz PCR, s&w 4516, SA Garrison 1911 and a sig 938. Almost forgot about the AR15. I've picked up more on the last month than I did the last 3 yrs.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
At the end of 2021 I realized I hadn't bought a gun all year. That was the first time that had happened since 1987.

This year, I'm averaging one a month.. if it were September. Eek

When I did the math on what I've spent on guns, ammo, brass, dies, powder, primers, scopes, mounts, dot sights and all manner of accessory, I was horrified. I've never spent anywhere even close to this much in a single year. I need to stop and probably skip next year as well. I'm not saying this to brag, it's to shame myself into putting on the brakes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
My buying addiction led me to obtain an FFL. Then an SOT. Then a manufacturers “permit”. I do plenty of transfers and sales here and there to be legit. I have some cans that have never been shot. A couple of years ago we needed to paint the inside of our house. I sold an SBR, suppressor and a couple of handguns to Cobra21. That covered the bill. I’m admittedly fickle with guns. If something interests me I try to resist, that usually works for 1-2 minutes. The stinking thread here on the Glock 30 was the most recent thing that I fell off the wagon for. I got a timely email from a distributor with some like new LEO trade ins. Who would’ve believed it, Glock 30’s we’re on the list! I’m weak.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7000 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post