SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Am I the only one with a gun buying addiction?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I the only one with a gun buying addiction? Login/Join 
posted
I’m pretty much consumed with buying guns. Some I haven’t even fired. Pistol, automatics, rifles, shotguns. I like them all.

Posts: 7 | Registered: July 01, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Seems familiar.

You're not really an addict unless you have several copies of each... Big Grin

Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
It’s only an addiction if you go to meetings and have first name friends.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. You're just the latest.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, man. Ya got me, I buy multiple copies.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I was going to say that every gun I've bought I've shot... but then I realized I have two I have not... A Sig p250 in .380 caliber I bought from a fellow member here a few months ago as well as the P230 I bought here at auction a couple years ago... that is my one safe queen...

As for the copies of guns comment... I've always thought that if you found a gun that you really liked then you should own more than one... actually more than three or four... for me it started with Ruger P95s and then went to Sig P226s and Sig P239s....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ssrnety:
I’m pretty much consumed with buying guns. Some I haven’t even fired. Pistol, automatics, rifles, shotguns. I like them all.
I have to tell you- coming out with something like this on your second post makes you look like a troll. You want to tell us about your gun-buying OCD?

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I definitely have a problem. I've bought 8 used, classic P SIGs since Jan 1. I'll pick up 2 nice, but used, P6s this week. I went to get them today, but they were closed.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! That’s pretty low from this forum that a new member has defend his legitimacy after his second post. Really guys? We’ll! Here’s my last few purchases-Springfield Waypoint 2020 6.5 PRC, Howa Carbon Stalker 7-08. Sig Cross 308. I probably own 40 firearms. The reason I’m on this forum is to find out the trick to folding the stock on the my Sig Cross. But I guess there’s other forums. Y

Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
This could get interesting!

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sunday was yesterday, right? Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, the July 4th fireworks are about to start. Take a seat and enjoy. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I probably won’t hear anything else from this guy. He’s probably googling the word legitimacy right now.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow! That’s pretty low from this forum that a new member has defend his legitimacy after his second post. Really guys? We’ll! Here’s my last few purchases-Springfield Waypoint 2020 6.5 PRC, Howa Carbon Stalker 7-08. Sig Cross 308. I probably own 40 firearms. The reason I’m on this forum is to find out the trick to folding the stock on the my Sig Cross. But I guess there’s other forums. Y
You come in here on your second post and ask if anyone else here has a mental condition regarding firearms and when this remark is called out, you express surprise and indignation, rather than trying to see the issue at hand. This is also characteristic of trolling.

You're going to tell me that you can't see my point? If that remark had come from a member who has been here a while and has a few posts, it would be different.
quote:
I probably won’t hear anything else from this guy. He’s probably googling the word legitimacy right now.
You've got 'troll' written all over you.

posted Hide Post
Give me a break! I’m asking people if they have a mental health condition? That’s your response? You guys that responded to my post, please get help.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m asking people if they have a mental health condition? That’s your response?
No, you're asking them if they have a "gun-buying addiction"

posted Hide Post
Okay I’m going to let the die. The shows over fellas. I should ask though before I get kicked off as a troll, what is the secret to folding that Cross stock?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're not getting kicked off. I had suspicions. It's my job to see who gets in here.

You want to stay, you're welcome to stay.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

You're not really an addict unless you have several copies of each...

Well, now that doesn't make me feel any better about myself. I have doubles of about everything from a ruger mkiii to glock 17. And a baker's dozen 1911s from mild to not quite wild (no comped open-class guns). Shit... I guess maybe I do have a problem. My safe is too small

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
4 fingers wrapped around the underside of the stock.
thumb on the little round button looking thing.
push down with thumb.
pull up with other fingers.
rotate counter clockwise while doing so

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post