SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Am I the only one with a gun buying addiction?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I the only one with a gun buying addiction? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
IDK, but I’m the opposite. My philosophy is that the fewer guns you have the better you know each of them.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8925 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
IDK, but I’m the opposite. My philosophy is that the fewer guns you have the better you know each of them.

Not a bad philosophy but those of us with the 'true condition' fail to see it.

I would state for a fact that I have the addiction.
I am a long ways from rich...for years have worked for myself but there was a certain time of the year, in the Fall, when I could make a 'little extra cash.' On more than one occasion I've spent around 5k in less that 3 months on guns.

You know moderation is Satin's big lie.

Ssrnety.... don't let papa Para discourage you, he tends to come down kind of hard when he even suspects foul play but over all this is the best gun forum for learning about Sigs and even other guns there is.

Oh, and my only real suggestion is Shoot your damn guns, they don't like just sitting around!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been teasing my sons I'm going to take 50 grand out of their inheritance
and go on a gun buying spree. They will get them anyway!

Posts: 952 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I have guns I haven't fired yet. I have guns I forgot I have. I can't close my safe door unless everything is placed just so. I am still buying and building more.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29681 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I used to be like that. I'd buy any gun that I thought was "cool", provided I had the money in my fun stuff budget. (I primarily was buying assorted milsurps.)

Then I woke up one day after about 15 years of that and realized that my gun collection had becomes just a messy accumulation, many of the guns that I owned just didn't interest me all that much, I hadn't even shot many of them, and I basically just had a whole bunch of random guns sitting around collecting dust.

So I set about paring down my accumulation to a more curated collection, and sold off all the extraneous ones.

I then used the money I generated (making a decent profit in fact, thanks to milsurp value appreciation from buying while cheap and available and selling after the supplies dried up) to put towards some needed remodeling in my house and make some additional financial investments.

I still have a decently large gun collection, but it now solely consists of stuff that actually interests me, and/or that serves a specific useful purpose, and/or that I actually shoot.

quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

Huh, I thought satin's biggest lie was its claim of being wrinkle free... Wink

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

RogueJSK;;; you got me.... I've never been able to spell and sometimes technology does not help me. And now I can't even fix it since you posted my mistake.

I am starting to think like you and have the feeling I need to let some guns go. Actually gave a Ruger 357 revolver to a friend just last week.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

lol

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ssrnety:
I’m pretty much consumed with buying guns. Some I haven’t even fired. Pistol, automatics, rifles, shotguns. I like them all.

Gotta say… Welcome to the best group of forum members anywhere. Just like a family, there are disagreements and straight up arguments but those same folks will do anything they can to help each other when needed.

For addiction… I also went a little overboard when I discovered Sig Sauer quality. All I mean by that is the wife said I was burning through too much money too quick. That said, I still own every gun I have purchased Wink

Once I found the perfect match for me (P226) I had to have several. So, there are now 6 P226 models in my safe. To .38supersig - every one of my P226s are different. Even the duplicate vintage models were made in different years Big Grin The only other close to duplicates are my Sig 1911s. While they are both Texas Editions, one is inlayed in silver and the other in gold. AND they have different quotes engraved on the slides.

Ssrnety, being a newbie you accidentally pissed in the wrong bowl of Cheerios. Para actually owns this forum and is hyper vigilant in keeping his eyes on new members and suspicious activities across the site. He has successfully ejected posers in the past and most recently weeded out a couple of big time scammers… all to protect his members. I hope you stay engaged here, consider apologizing for insulting the owner, and find your place amongst the membership here.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NMDave:
So, there are now 6 P226 models in my safe. To .38supersig - every one of my P226s are different. Even the duplicate vintage models were made in different years Big Grin

Cool.

I have a few P226s as well. One in every caliber. Wink

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
So, there are now 6 P226 models in my safe. To .38supersig - every one of my P226s are different. Even the duplicate vintage models were made in different years Big Grin

Cool.

I have a few P226s as well. One in every caliber. Wink

Ha Ha Smile There is only one P226 left on my wish list. When I find the right deal, an all stainless version will be next. Different strokes for different folks but it’s like Sig designed and built that damn 226 model specifically for me.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I’m pretty much consumed with buying guns. Some I haven’t even fired. Pistol, automatics, rifles, shotguns. I like them all.

Gotta say… Welcome to the best group of forum members anywhere. Just like a family, there are disagreements and straight up arguments but those same folks will do anything they can to help each other when needed.

For addiction… I also went a little overboard when I discovered Sig Sauer quality. All I mean by that is the wife said I was burning through too much money too quick. That said, I still own every gun I have purchased Wink

Once I found the perfect match for me (P226) I had to have several. So, there are now 6 P226 models in my safe. To .38supersig - every one of my P226s are different. Even the duplicate vintage models were made in different years Big Grin The only other close to duplicates are my Sig 1911s. While they are both Texas Editions, one is inlayed in silver and the other in gold. AND they have different quotes engraved on the slides.

Ssrnety, being a newbie you accidentally pissed in the wrong bowl of Cheerios. Para actually owns this forum and is hyper vigilant in keeping his eyes on new members and suspicious activities across the site. He has successfully ejected posers in the past and most recently weeded out a couple of big time scammers… all to protect his members. I hope you stay engaged here, consider apologizing for insulting the owner, and find your place amongst the membership here.
look

Yes, I do indeed apologize. I regret those snide remarks. I hope to continue on the forum and benefit from the vast knowledge available here.

Posts: 7 | Registered: July 01, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're welcome to stay.

Posts: 107469 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
No, I only bought nine today.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ha Ha Smile There is only one P226 left on my wish list. When I find the right deal, an all stainless version will be next...

I happened upon an Allround a few years back. Found some Nills on Black Friday and then liked it even more. When you find one, you won't be disappointed.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently went through a buying binge initiated by a change of laws in this state...or so I deluded myself to think.

But I'm better now. Really I am. Ignore the shakes in my hands. It's nothing. Really.

-MG

Posts: 1974 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Around here, we call it a Signess that we've all been inflicted by at one time or another.

Welcome to the forum, there is plenty of good stuff to read and learn here.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I probably own 40 firearms.

A decent start.

Posts: 222 | Registered: July 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh, NO!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

look

Yes, I do indeed apologize. I regret those snide remarks. I hope to continue on the forum and benefit from the vast knowledge available here.

I hate to tell you this but You WILL buy a Glock! :-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More is better.

rambo

Posts: 243 | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post