SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    EDC & Gun Belts
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EDC & Gun Belts Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I typically wear Wilderness belts.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 KORE Tactical belts that have been great. Carry a full size 1911 and not know it's there. One is tan canvas and the other is black, both have the poly stiffeners in them. They have the track lock adjustment system and it works great. Bought one for my dad for Fathers Day.

Posts: 65 | Location: NC | Registered: September 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
Armour Belts are very nice, I have both of their leather belt offerings, the 1 1/4" dress gun belt, and the 1/1/2" gun belt; as well as the Armored Ozark Nylon Tactical Belt with Cobra Buckle.

I can not recommend Armour highly enough, very fast service.

+1 great product and service.

John 14:6
The only easy day was yesterday.
Peace hallelujah. Be multiplied
Wilson Combat, Yost P35, M&P, AA, Dave Modz, Sparks,Chen(Bulman), 5Shot, Bulman, S&S, Rybka

Posts: 135 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of littlepoison
posted Hide Post
I've been wearing Superbio Indestructibelt® Black Belt for several years. It's very resistant to scratch damage and still looks newer than a leather belt would by now (unless you take good care of your leather belts). I've had several The Beltman belts which I liked for their customization.

Posts: 104 | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
For the last 10 years I have used a leather, reinforced 511 I got on sale at the local cop shop. I wear it daily and occasionally polish it with shoe polish. Still in very good shape. And I more than got my money out of it.

For special occasions I have a very nice G&G black leather basket weave with a silver buckle. It too is over 10 years old and looks brand new. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I have a belt from Beltman and it's one solid, leather belt. Pretty sure it will last forever. VERY thick and rigid, and a nice, quality belt. Wish I'd bought one sooner.

I also have a Bianchi/Safariland leather belt which is pretty solid, but not near as thick as the Beltman.

I've owned two 5.11 leather belts - picked them up with they were on sale for $5 each. Glad that's all I paid as I was not very impressed with them. From a rigidity standpoint, they were fine, but the leather scuffed WAY too easy, and overall they ran a bit smaller on the sizing side. Both belts looks like I'd worn them daily for 5 years after just a few weeks of use. Ended up giving both away. I'm hope their quality has improved...might have been why they were $5.

On the nylon side, I have a Wilderness belt, as well as both style belts from Talon Tactical. All excellent belts in their own respect.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Snake207,

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try a Better Belt USA. I have one of the reinforced versions and it works very well.
http://www.abetterbeltusa.com

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liberty gun belts if you’re looking for something nylon with a cobra buckle.

Very customizable and inexpensive and it was delivered to my door within 4 days of my custom order being placed

They must have an inventory, every other maker of nylon rigger type belt I’ve ordered has taken weeks to arrive, cost at least $20 more, and is of the same quality

Posts: 176 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have a 1.5” Beltman that is great, but for carrying I find I use my wilderness tactical nylon 95% of the time.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
I have used a Kramer double thick horsehide belt for over a decade:

http://kramerleather.com/produ...ctID=34&categoryID=2

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hanks belts.

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one from our own Ryan Grizzle for years, and it continues on.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
You seem to be interested in leather, but I like the Wilderness Tactical belts. I have two of their 5 stitch belts that I've been wearing exclusively for over 10 years.

I'll agree with this 100%, all I've used for years. For carry and matches, a 1.75", and for everyday around the house a 1.5", all of them the 5 stitch version. They hold up very well, carry weight very well, and are infinitely adjustable within their size, and somewhat less than that size. The only reason I've bought new ones is, like Ironbutt, they get shorter as you get older. Smile I used to wear 34" pants, and bought 36" belts according to their sizing guidelines. My pants moved up to 36" with Duluth Fire Hose pants (they seem to fit better a size bigger). At that time, I just bought 3 new belts in 40". Glad I did, because now that I've had to "upgrade" to 38" Fire Hose pants, the 40" belts still work fine, with even some extra adjustment remaining. Very well made and sturdy belts.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Better Belt USA
http://www.abetterbeltusa.com

I have the Ultimate and it is as good as it gets. Worth every penny.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 383stroker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Hanks belts. The one I have could be used as tow strap!

Hanks for me too, Plus their warranty will outlast me. I have a brown Ranger belt that is very solid.

Posts: 1041 | Location: East of the DFW Metromess | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Ryan Grizzle and Armour for leather. Both very nice.

90% of the time I wear a Wilderness Instructor Belt The Wilderness Instructor Belt

Posts: 729 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I still love my Volund Gearworks Atlas G book.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of good suggestions here but after well over fifty years or shooting, a lot of holsters and belts, I assure you, buying from a recognized maker, getting your measurements correct, and spend a lot more money than you planed for will produce a product that works well for a very long time.
Double thick vs. two layers with reinforcing in between is something to consider very carefully if you carry a heavy firearm for most of the day. My large guns are always mated to a high end reinforced belt and all day carry is never a chore.
A roller on the buckle will minimize the creasing you get when you move to another hole.
I always go with two rows of stitching around the belt as it adds stiffness.
I always opt for 7 holes spaced 3/4" apart for the most flexibility when carrying IWB vs OWB.
An example of a rock solid belt with my buckle choice made for any method of carry.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Bigfoot Gun Belts (https://www.gunbelts.com). I have two and am 100% satisfied.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
abetterbeltusa.com

Trust me

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post