SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is your favorite .22 pistol suppressor host?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite .22 pistol suppressor host? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Have a Sparrow that hope to get out of the old lock up in 4 months or so.
I have a Sig 522 and Savage Mark II FV-SR that will do mighty fine for the long guns.

I have a sweet little Buckmark but the barrel is not threaded so thought about getting a Tactical Solutions Barrel for it.
The FN 502 has me quite intrigued but I have yet to see one in the wild.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25334 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
That I actually own? S&W M&P22c, great gun. The Ruger Mk III that I used to own was also very good.

Like you the new FN offering has me intrigued.

As an aside, while the Sparrow is a great can you will get a little FRP (first round pop) with it on a pistol. The issue is often overstated, but you’ll likely notice it all the same.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that it would help you with your sparrow, but my favorite is my 6" 617

Aside from that my p226 with p220 conversion slide and threaded barrel.

I have 15 mags that i use with it.

I also have a victory with a threaded barrel that i like,but its chamber is pretty tightt. After 200 to 300 rounds i have to clean it

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can’t go wrong with adding a TacSol threaded barrel to the Buckmark. Even with Federal bulk pack ammo, it sounds like an air-compressed stapler!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Ruger mkV, already threaded barrel. Just unscrew the protector. Also ATI 1911 with adapter on the barrel.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went on the quest for a .22 suppressor host pistol about a year ago in the height of the pandemic gun shortage.
The three best choices I can down to were:
Threaded buck mark
Ruger mark IV series
S&W victory.
I managed a good deal on a threaded victory and have been very happy.
Even based off msrp the victory is the least expensive.
Surprising the ruger is the most expensive
I don’t care for the polymer frame “ combat trainer” type pistols and prefer a full steel target style gun.

Posts: 3266 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
The first pistol I ever had that was set up for a can was a Ruger MK-II that had been ghost threaded. I built the can to go with this pistol

Not too long after building that can, I made a second back end for it so that it would work on standard 1/2x28 barrels and I picked up one of the newer Walther PPk/s pistols in nickel just for cool factor

I looked into ghost threading my Walther PP and PPk/s 22 pistols, I had seen the one that Silent Mike had done and really liked the clean look. However the cost was more than just buying the modern PPk/s

I do have one of the threaded 22LR conversions for my P220 and it gets used quite a bit. In fact this is the one that has probably had the most ammunition through it in recent years

I have a Pac-Lite barrel from Tactical Solutions on a Ruger MK-II but I tend to leave the muzzle brake on that and do not use it much with a can.

Technically not a pistol . . . just for show because I had to feed my inner Maxwell Smart and I picked up a barrel nut with threads on it for fun

Obviously it is not very quiet because there is no way to seal the barrel/cylinder gap

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
colt saa

Years ago when i had my DW 22 revolver i did the very same thing. I tightened down the barrel till it was kissing the cylinder. then backed off an 1/8th of a turn until it rotated.

If you shoot full power longs, it is pretty close to quiet as a bolt gun.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Have a Spikes Lil' Buckwheat 22 suppressor, run it on my Sig 522 for rifle. Traded the Mark III on a Mark IV with threaded barrel and when Glock came out with the 44 I ordered up the threaded barrel from them.

Both Ruger Mk IV and Glock run with the suppressor equally well...

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I am also intrigued with the FN 502, I think I will pick one up when they are not in the price clouds. I’m sure my DA Mask will pair with it nicely.

I have a Ruger MKIII, I am somewhat happy with it but it misfires much more than I would like it to.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
colt_saa I am not familiar with ghost threading. Mind sharing a little more info on what that means?

————————————————

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
colt_saa I am not familiar with ghost threading. Mind sharing a little more info on what that means?
Ghost threading is the opposite way of attaching a suppressor

Instead of a nipple on the end of your barrel, the barrel is internally threaded and the nipple is on the back end of the suppressor.

I just grabbed a few images of the pistol for you

This makes the pistol look almost original unless you are looking down the muzzle

I do not have the back end of the can handy to take a picture of, sorry

Obviously most center-fire pistols can not be ghost threaded because of the lack of metal to cut threads that are internal to the barrel, but it does make some nice looking 22s.

Rifles with bull barrels can also be ghost threaded

Many of the on camera guns in TV and Movies have the nipple on the supressor and thread into the firearm. Obviously most of these are replicas not capable of firing real ammunition

SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
That is pretty slick.
Any idea if I would be able to do that with a Browning Buckmark Hunter and a Silencerco Sparrow?
https://www.browning.com/produ...uck-mark-hunter.html

————————————————

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
That is pretty slick.
Any idea if I would be able to do that with a Browning Buckmark Hunter and a Silencerco Sparrow?
https://www.browning.com/produ...uck-mark-hunter.html

The Hunter does have enough barrel to ghost thread.

You would need to have a double ended nipple made for the can. One end to match the can and the other end to match whatever thread pitch the pistol had.

Unscrewing the can the nipple might un-thread from either end. If the can was going to only be used with this pistol, you could have the nipple silver soldered to the can for easier removal

SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
colt_saa, it would be very interesting to use one of those inexpensive smartphone apps to measure decibels of your suppressed revolver versus your suppressed pistol.

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have a threaded barrel and a can for my Beretta 87.

But a Ruger would be a great gun to suppress, too.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stainless Ruger Mark II bull 5.5' barrel, Stainless Ruger Mark II 'slab side. Ruger LCP II and a Ruger SR22. Now I just need to get the can. I'm thinking the Silencer Co Switchback would be a nice choice.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 230 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
colt_saa, it would be very interesting to use one of those inexpensive smartphone apps to measure decibels of your suppressed revolver versus your suppressed pistol.

Most mic's top out at less than 120db. Meaning everything above that is clipped. Even the higher end mic's don't often go much past 130db.

That is why watching youtube vids you rarely get a true representation of what the sound is actually at.

Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
I traded a Beretta Nano for a Ruger MK III 22/45 threaded for suppressor and with a Burris Fast Fire III attached. I don't have the suppressor yet, but it's in the near future.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Originally I was going to cut down the barrel and thread a Ruger 22/45, but ended up going with the integrally suppressed tactical solutions upper.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post