SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My dirty little secret… The Glock 42.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My dirty little secret… The Glock 42. Login/Join 
Picture of Octagun
posted Hide Post
I like the 42 in the pocket and 365 on the belt. I think they both shine in these roles.

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 04, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
A little too retro. My goal would be the smallest, “fully capable” semi auto. Something a teacher could hide, but with a dot to help your shot placement.

Honestly, I don’t carry mine often, because if I’m going to holster up and carry a gun, then my thinking is so often “might as well just carry the 19.” Adding a bunch of stuff to the G42 would just permanently tip the scale that direction for me. Moving to permanent hot weather means I’ll need to get a pocket holster and start carrying it in a shorts pocket, because it’s about perfect for that.

Posts: 17098 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one for when my arthritis gets really bad in my shooting hand. It is LW easy to shoot and quite accurate. After my periodic steroid shots I can carry and shoot .45acp and 9mm. Then the G42 is a dandy back up.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
... I still have in the back of my mind the idea of reimagining one into a Makarov shooter using the Lone Wolf 9x18 barrel. Why? Just cuz I can, I guess. Doesn't hurt that I happen to have a rather healthy amount of S&B 9x18 just lying around that would otherwise be wasted on my boringly shootable CZ 82.
I actually bought one of those barrels for the same reason, but I still haven't gotten around to trying it out in my G42. I just moved, and it might take me a while to find it, but now I'm getting more motivated ...

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like my G42 in the pocket gun and ankle gun role.

But...I find the stock trigger workable but not great. It's probably the heaviest stock Glock trigger I've felt.

I'm not looking for a matching trigger but something just a bit better would be nice.

What do the forum's G42 aficionados advise?

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952: I'm not looking for a matching trigger but something just a bit better would be nice.

Ghost Edge connector: https://ghostinc.com/g42-g43-4...host-edge-connector/

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952: I'm not looking for a matching trigger but something just a bit better would be nice.

Ghost Edge connector: https://ghostinc.com/g42-g43-4...host-edge-connector/

Thanks toivo.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tiger 2 Tank
posted Hide Post
The Glock 43 is the way I went. It’s only a smidge larger and more punch. I get why you went with the .380/Glock42 though.

Posts: 968 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one, ( very early version) did have to have an armored put some upgrade factory parts in it to solve issues the early guns had with locking back prematurely. It runs 100% now

However, I find I can shoot the ruger LCPII just as well, it is similarly reliable and much smaller profile.so the ruger has become my deep concealment gun.

Posts: 3281 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one. Was surprised at its accuracy and ease of shooting (shoot ability?)but never felt all that good about the round itself. Mind you, I’ve seen the results, and it seems to work, I just prefer a bit more oomph.
My daughter took it with her when she moved to Maine. Ain’t much of a moose gun, but I prefer knowing she has something in the house and she shot it much better than the J frame I wanted her to take.

Posts: 272 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I've owned my 42 for about 4 years now. Two changes I added were Talon grip and a Vickers slide lock/stop. I also added an extender to the magazines that give me 1 more round but I put them on to give me a better grip for my pinkie finger. No problems, I keep this one.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first G42 I purchased was one of the early ones, and I had a ton of reliability problems with it. Ended up trading it at the dealer I purchased it from.
Fast forward about 2 years.
Purchased another G42 thinking Glock fine tuned the model and reliability would be significantly improved. Not so much. This one was a bit better than the first one, however, I never found it reliable enough to carry, so this one got traded also. Put a couple of hundred rounds through each gun figuring the guns just required an extended break-in and the issues would take care of themselves. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Anyway, I ended up with a G43 and haven't had any issues with it.
Really wanted to like the G42 since they were both very accurate and soft shooters.

Posts: 1 | Location: Southcentral Pennsylvania | Registered: August 25, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger 2 Tank:
The Glock 43 is the way I went. It’s only a smidge larger and more punch. I get why you went with the .380/Glock42 though.

I had a 42 and just never warmed up to it. The 43 is great, but if I needed a 380 auto, I preferred the slightly smaller Ruger LCP. The P365 has pretty much replaced my 43 now though.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine carries a 42 and loves it. I 43 as its only about 1/2" longer and is 9mm, however I came across a Colt Mustang XSP .380 I started carrying as its about the size of the Keltec 3AT/Ruger LCP380 but more accurate for me ... said buddy kept after me to sell him my 43 as his wife adopted his 42 ... after a month or so I finally caved in. If I hadn't tried the Colt XSP .380 I'd still be carrying the 43.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post