SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My dirty little secret… The Glock 42.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My dirty little secret… The Glock 42. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
its a fantastic handgun, I have a friend with thousands of rounds through his without an issue.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
It should have a smooth trigger from the factory.
Yes, sorry for confusing matters. I installed the Falx triggers in both my G42 and G43. It's the G43 that doesn't have the smooth-face trigger factory option. The G42, I replaced the trigger because the stock trigger was unacceptably heavy.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
All I did to mine was I put all black steel sights, Ghost connecter and Talon grips. I did do a mag guts and a Pearce plus one; so I carry nine rounds on board. I carry that as my back up on duty, the ball park and while out mowing. It sees a lot of carry time. I have several small 380s but that little 42 is my favorite to shoot by far!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I shoulda said, smooth-face trigger. The Ghost connector made quite a difference.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
It should have a smooth trigger from the factory.
Yes, sorry for confusing matters. I installed the Falx triggers in both my G42 and G43. It's the G43 that doesn't have the smooth-face trigger factory option. The G42, I replaced the trigger because the stock trigger was unacceptably heavy.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, no need to order a 17 trigger then.
I don't think I know anyone locally that has the 42. A bunch of us have the 43 and 43X

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry mine all summer when wearing shorts. Great little pistol.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Distributors seem to have a decent supply of 42s right now so I just ordered a bunch for our shop. There may be an ulterior motive as well since I still have in the back of my mind the idea of reimagining one into a Makarov shooter using the Lone Wolf 9x18 barrel. Why? Just cuz I can, I guess. Doesn't hurt that I happen to have a rather healthy amount of S&B 9x18 just lying around that would otherwise be wasted on my boringly shootable CZ 82.

I've never been that much of a fan of .380 yet over time I still managed to have acquired a half dozen or so guns chambered in the caliber. And worse yet, besides considering the purchase of the G42 I keep looking at the P365 .380s currently in our inventory as well. And then there's those scaled down Browning 1911s in .380 that I've surreptitiously lusted after ever since they first came to market.

Yeah, I don't get me either.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Distributors seem to have a decent supply of 42s right now so I just ordered a bunch for our shop. There may be an ulterior motive as well since I still have in the back of my mind the idea of reimagining one into a Makarov shooter using the Lone Wolf 9x18 barrel. Why? Just cuz I can, I guess. Doesn't hurt that I happen to have a rather healthy amount of S&B 9x18 just lying around that would otherwise be wasted on my boringly shootable CZ 82.

I've never been that much of a fan of .380 yet over time I still managed to have acquired a half dozen or so guns chambered in the caliber. And worse yet, besides considering the purchase of the G42 I keep looking at the P365 .380s currently in our inventory as well. And then there's those scaled down Browning 1911s in .380 that I've surreptitiously lusted after ever since they first came to market.

Yeah, I don't get me either.

Those Browning 1911 .380’s work pretty good. Neat looking too. One night went to a house on a call when the guy started popping off rounds w/ one. Never jammed as he unloaded the mag. .380 fmj goes pretty good through drywall and doors and several shirts and pants in a closet.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2, and carry one regularly. Unlike some other folks, I just left both mine just like they came out of the box. Stock trigger, sights, etc..
I use factory mags, and when i carry it I have one in chamber and 6 in the mag and feel pretty well protected. I used to carry a j frame most of the time, but i think the G42 is the better package.
I have somewhere between 1k to 2k rounds thur them total, all different types of ammo. My wife shoots with me about 2x per year and this is the pistol she shoots when we hit the range. She broker her wrist a few years ago and finds racking the slide a little tough but manages. Thats really the only issue that i think someone with weaker hands may have with it.
I think once you commit to .380,there is no better choice on the market right now.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I also carry one as a back-up, but more and more lately as a primary. The changes I've made are an Overwatch trigger, Talon grips and upped my mag capacity with MagGuts to 7 rounds (while not increasing grip length). Very nice little gun! Although it's nearly identical in size to the P365, it's much thinner and lighter (17 oz vs. 24 oz fully loaded). Obviously, you are losing capacity and firepower.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is mine! At least I got the link up, but couldn't transform it into the pic. I carry this one almost all the time. Small, concealable, and, thanks to you all a couple years ago, it's got a very nice trigger.

Bob

https://imgur.com/LI8fSfD

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
Nothing against the G42 - I had one for awhile - but you might want to shoot the Sig P365-380 if you get the chance. 10/12 rounds versus 6/7 with good trigger and great reliability. Just sayin’

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I kind of want to get a G42, put a red dot and TLR6 on it.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the shoulder stock and the bayonet.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Don't forget the shoulder stock and the bayonet.

I wonder if the bayonet would get in the way of a suppressor ?

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
A little too retro. My goal would be the smallest, “fully capable” semi auto. Something a teacher could hide, but with a dot to help your shot placement.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I have one, its ok but I'm not infatuated with it. Especially after the introduction of the P365. So close in size I actually used a G42 holster for my P365 until the holster makers started turning out P365 holsters.

The G42 is the pistol my wife shoots the most but she just picked up a mint used P365 in .380 and after she gets some more time with it, I doubt the G42 will be used anymore.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of getting one but cannot figure out how to mount the MAGA hat thrower.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I love my 42’s. I carry and compete with them and actually just won a GSSF match with one this past spring. Great carry piece that can be shot all day comfortably. Couple that with headshot accuracy for me out to 20 yards and it’s an absolute winner in my book.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I definitely carry it more than other guns I have. It is compact and recoil is nil. My wife and I both have one. She loves her G42 the most, out of the other guns she has tried over the years.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post