SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You Will Buy A Revolver
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You Will Buy A Revolver Login/Join 
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
I like revolvers. Here is some

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I just sold a revolver. An 18-3 S&W. Next an Outdoorsman 38/44.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, no I won’t.

Unless I stumble across a vintage SW 586 Distinguished Combat.

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Conserve Liberty:
No, no I won’t.
Unless I stumble across a vintage SW 586 Distinguished Combat.

As all good men are want to do, I have created a lot of lists. One such list is a "Top Priority Firearms" purchase list.
That particular revolver you mentioned is in the Top 10. Excellent choice, sir. Truly a work of art....

Posts: 799 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
Recent acquisition from a good friend of mine, saved this late 1980's model from not being used anymore Cool

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 222 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bearverine:
Picked this up recently. It's definitely had some rounds through it, but the Bosshoss trigger job sure is nice.

https://www.indianagunowners.c...6-6-plus-357.520887/

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Frankly the fact that he used the term vintage and 586 in reference to each other makes me uneasy.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
I have a Taurus 85CH currently & have a Ruger SP101 coming July 1st
A snub nose revolver has been part of my carry rotation for 30+ years now

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Your pics didn't make it. I think you need an ID on that site to access the images.

quote:
Originally posted by Beretta92:
I have a Taurus 85CH currently & have a Ruger SP101 coming July 1st
A snub nose revolver has been part of my carry rotation for 30+ years now

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first handgun purchase was a 1911 auto, at age 21, in late 1982, or early 1983, but I have been buying revolvers since mid/late 1983, the first being an S&W Model 60 snub-gun, as I was about to start a police academy, and knew that I would have to carry only DA revolvers, 24/7/365, for my first years of sworn service. IIRC, all of the revolvers were S&W, in the Eighties, but I significantly shifted toward Ruger, after buying my first GP100, in the very early Nineties.

In 1983, I thought revolvers were quaint, if not obsolete, but I needed to learn how to use them well, if I wanted to stay alive, while going into harm’s way. So, I made a diligent effort, and, learned to really like sixgunning.

Now retired from LEO-ing, it is unusual for me to carry an auto-loading pistol, and, when I do, it is probably a Seecamp LWS-32, which has a long-stroke DA trigger stroke, like shooting a small revolver.

My right hand has not aged well, so, I cannot depend upon it to provide a stable platform for some auto-loaders to cycle, and, if shooting lefty, my right hand does not always do a good job of running a slide. Fortunately, most defensive shooting scenarios do not require running a slide, and there are some few autos that cycle reliably, if I shoot them right-handed, but, going forward, I am trending toward a revolver lifestyle.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have 3 revolvers. A Ruger SP101 3" in 327 Federal. A Ruger LCRx in 327 Federal and an old Taurus Blued 2" Model 85.

I bought the LCRx because I wanted something lighter to carry in 327 Fed. Than the SP 101.
But I found the LCRx does not fit my hand well, even after buying several sets of grips. I've been kind of disappointed in the LCRx, even after searching for 2 years for one in 327 Federal.

Whereas, the SP 101 with some rubber grips, fits my hand perfectly. I wish I could find some grips for the LCRx that would fit me.
I've never felt undergunned while carrying a revolver

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I had four revolvers at one time, have since sold off three that were more hunting revolvers than daily carry guns, two .44 Magnums, and a .357 Magnum. The only revolver I have left is a S&W 638, it hasn't seen carry use in more than two years since I bought a P365.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:...then wandering over to auction sites wondering if I really need a retirement account, maybe a m34 Kit Gun or Model 1950 .45 ACP is all it'd take to make me really happy! Or a bizzaro m1953 in .22 Remington Jet? Maybe a Texas Wagon Trail 544 in .44-40 Winchester?

I think that I'm living your dream...

Kit Gun

Model of 1950 HE Target .45 ACP

Model 53 / .22 Remington Jet

Model 544 Texas Wagon Train Commemorative / .44-40

It's like you read my mind - or vice versa.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1448 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Bob:
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:...then wandering over to auction sites wondering if I really need a retirement account, maybe a m34 Kit Gun or Model 1950 .45 ACP is all it'd take to make me really happy! Or a bizzaro m1953 in .22 Remington Jet? Maybe a Texas Wagon Trail 544 in .44-40 Winchester?

I think that I'm living your dream...

Kit Gun

Model of 1950 HE Target .45 ACP

Model 53 / .22 Remington Jet

Model 544 Texas Wagon Train Commemorative / .44-40

It's like you read my mind - or vice versa.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Such cruel teasing....you utter bastard. Big Grin

Posts: 799 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A shop by me has a Smith 65 with a 3 inch barrel. I hardly ever shoot the 8 other Smith that I own, but I want it anyway.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
I bought one last week. S&W 686 Plus 2.5” barrel.

Got a holster coming, too, because sometimes you just want to carry .357 magnum.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1737 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Still itching for an SP101....

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Recently adopted this Undercover.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Recently adopted this Undercover.

Nice little revolver, they are not appreciated as much as they should be. The older ones like yours are much more compact than Charter's current offerings.

I had one back around 1983, put a Tyler T grip on it, and some standard 38 Spl loads, carried it in a pocket holster.

Enjoy your little Charter.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
^ That's some nice bluing on that Charter! I
Wish they still made them like that.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post