SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You Will Buy A Revolver
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You Will Buy A Revolver Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
[/[url=https://postimg.cc/679szyqR]

1959 Model 18 4 inch 22 lr

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, that’s a very nice 41 Mag. I was brought up with revolvers so I’ve owned quite a few over the years. I owned all the major brands but S&W is definitely my favorite. I liked them so much I even carried them concealed. Here are three S&W 357s that were in my carry rotation for some time.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

A great gun with a lot of personal history, can’t get better than that.

Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:

Pulicords, nice collection. What type of grips are these? Herretts?

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JSW:

Pulicords, nice collection. What type of grips are these? Herretts?[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yes, they're "Presentation Grade" stocks by Herrett's.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10193 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:The Sesquicentennial Commission also had a bronze Texas Longhorn produced for the Deluxe version of the model 544....I like serial numbers. This example of the Deluxe Model 544 is a 44-40 chambered revolver whose serial number is 44.

I'd love to add one of these to my safe one day. Gotta say though, being a native Texan, I really dig that bronze longhorn! LOL!

My Deluxe 544 sits in small alcove between the dining room and living room. It attracts a good bit of attention

I agree that the bronze and the HUGE presentation case,things are bigger in Texas Smile, are part of the appeal. but the revolver is nicely done as well

It kind of surprised me that these 150 were not gobbled up by big businesses across Texas. I don't think the Sesquicentennial Commission marketed them very well

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:

Thanks. Yes, they're "Presentation Grade" stocks by Herrett's.

Thanks, I thought they were. Herrett’s "Jordan Trooper” stocks are some of my favorite revolver shooting grips. The large size and covered back strap make it easier for me to shoot accurately in double action.

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Mostly Ruger but I do have one S&W from 1947.

Wow! A pre-model 10??? Looks in great shape! Do you ever shoot it?

Yep, S-93xxxx. Original M&P. Haven't shot as yet. There's a "C" I'm looking at that I would shoot more.

Posts: 3504 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
357 Magnum 65-4 4” heavy barrel
38 Special 10(Victory Model) it was my grandfather’s during WWII, blues not parked and US NAVY across top strap
38 Special 60 stainless I used to wear as a backup
38 Special Taurus 85 I wore as a lighter backup cause that Smith was heavy!

I’d like to get a 1917 or similar in 45ACP....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11267 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty much a Ruger man when it comes to revolvers but I love these threads where people post pics of their amazing looking Smiths. They do look good and I bet the triggers are nice.

I always bring my GP100 and shoot a box when I go to the range and I love the intensity of the recoil and the booming report of that caliber.

My last experience with a revolver was with one of those snub nose plastic framed Rugers, chambered in .357mag. The first round was uncomfortable, the second round was painful, the other three were barbaric. I hit the paper on all five at 15 yards and the owner of the gun,my BiL, was amazed. Never again.

Please do keep posting the fine revolver pics and info.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
... at a now mostly forgotten place called the Chosen Reservoir...

That is amazing, awesome and inspiring. God bless men like your father who've done (and are continuing to do) very difficult and dangerous things, so the vast majority of us will never have to.
To your Dad,
Sláinte!

Posts: 799 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s difficult to imagine most (fill in the blank )__________ gun forum members that don’t or haven’t owned a revolver. I love shooting mine, all but one isn’t stainless and isn’t a Ruger. My latest being the 4.2” 10 round GP100 in .22lr.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TN Mark:
It’s difficult to imagine most (fill in the blank )__________ gun forum members that don’t or haven’t owned a revolver. I love shooting mine, all but one isn’t stainless and isn’t a Ruger. My latest being the 4.2” 10 round GP100 in .22lr.

I think it's somewhat age dependent. I grew up with revolvers and will always have a soft spot for them. I'm a middle aged dude though.

I'm not sure the 20 and 30 somethings feel the same way.

For us "mature" folk, there is a little bit of nostalgia in shooting revolvers. A lot of us lust after the guns of our youth, perhaps from a time we wanted them but couldn't afford them.

I wonder if 30 years from now, the now 20 somethings will be collecting and oohing over vintage Glocks and P365s?

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to get my camera up so I can contribute better to the thread. I'm a S&W guy. Sold a buddy my last Ruger Service Six last year. He really wants my no lock 625. He has a 226 that I want so maybe, at some point. Of the 17 handguns I own, 9 are Smith and Wesson and only one is a semi auto. (Shield) The rest are proper revolvers with no idiot lock.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a newer 442 that I got for when I need to just drop something in a pocket, but ever since I found this early flat latch Chiefs Special, the 442 has been stuck in the safe. Despite being arguably “better” for the pocket role....

Bill R

Posts: 1120 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
63-5
Altamont Altai grips

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
quote:
Originally posted by TN Mark:

I think it's somewhat age dependent. I grew up with revolvers and will always have a soft spot for them. I'm a middle aged dude though.

I'm not sure the 20 and 30 somethings feel the same way.

For us "mature" folk, there is a little bit of nostalgia in shooting revolvers. A lot of us lust after the guns of our youth, perhaps from a time we wanted them but couldn't afford them.

I wonder if 30 years from now, the now 20 somethings will be collecting and oohing over vintage Glocks and P365s?

I think a polymer gun from any manufacturer will be as collectible as a 2020 Toyota Camry in the decades to come. Or any other common mostly recyclable/disposable vehicle built today.

Not so with an all metal stainless or blued steel revolver. With proper care they can and will last 100's of years and still have collectible value. The quality of the metal being used today is at an all time high. Plus the .38Spl and the .357Magnum likely have another 100 years of life in them as well. As does the 9mm.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think a polymer gun from any manufacturer will be as collectible as a 2020 Toyota Camry in the decades to come. Or any other common mostly recyclable/disposable vehicle built today.

I dunno...1st gen G17s in lightly used to NIB condition often command collectible kinds of money these days. And on the 'nothing-short-of-amazing' side, this year there's a new-to-market TRD variant that might actually make for a collectible Camry version a couple of decades or so down the road, especially if its spine-cracking suspension winds up sending more than a few subsequently broken and wore out cars to the wrecking yard.

-MG

Posts: 1962 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:I’d like to get a 1917 or similar in 45ACP....

Mike, you might want to consider the 5.5" version of the model 22-4 from the Classic Series. It is a reprise of the civilian Model of 1917. They made them in blue, nickel and (Turnbull) color case hardened finishes.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1449 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Indeed, in recent days I’ve added two to the stable, both of them N-frames.

One is a 625-6 Mountain Gun in .45 ACP (about which I want to mention Forum member Pizza Bob has sent me some very helpful info regarding moonlclips, tools, and the like). That gun is shown at-rest during a range session, nice and dirty.

The other is a 28-2 to which apparently someone added a 3-1/2-inch barrel from a 27! The hammer was bobbed, a trigger stop was installed, and a McGivern-style gold or brass bead treatment was applied to the Patridge-style front sight. It will head to the range for the first time (with me) soon. Shown with an assortment of Barranti gunleather.

I’ll look to add some range reports and more pictures of these two soon.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post