SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You Will Buy A Revolver
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You Will Buy A Revolver Login/Join 
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Big revolver fan... Just gave my son my 1986 Colt King Cobra.

Replaced it with a Cokt SAA... I’ll post pics once it is on my license.

cheers

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
This old colt needed a new home. Got some character, wrong grips, but I like revolvers.

1969 Colt detective special 3"
38 special

Posts: 1538 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is one cool revolver. I love the old stuff. (not a fan of those grips though lol)

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
Back in the middle of July I picked up this convertible Blackhawk; I'm impressed with the accuracy that the 9mm cylinder is producing from the bench at 25 yards.

The day I tested this load I moved back to 45 yards and picked off offending clay pigeons that opted to nest on the berm I was shooting in with other 9mm loads I had on hand Big Grin

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 221 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I love the old stuff.

Me too... Smile

Posts: 625 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've succumbed to this a few more times since this thread last popped up. I also let one go, and kinda regret it. I sold my 3" SP101 to my brother to provide financial justification for buying a 3" Model 60. I like the 60 better, but that SP101 was a really excellent gun, too. I don't regret many gun sales but I do kinda miss that one. At least I still get to shoot it occasionally.

Here's the current lineup...a "wheel of wheelguns". I still have a an old-school Model 36 and some sort of Airweight Centennial on the "want list".

Posts: 8393 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want a Model 63. So bad.

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I didn't read the thread at all.

I think everyone should own a revolver, I think a responsible gun owner should be familiar. I think that they offer a shooting experience very different from autos.

My opinion of where the modern revolver belongs as a practical arm, is as a snubby.

The LCR in .38 is the sweet spot. Revolvers offer something unique, which is pulling with your middle finger while your pointer rests on the gun. You can shoot through your clothes like this, and if you practice..

Just sayin.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I want a Model 63. So bad.

It's a really great gun. I had to clean up the firing pin channel when I first bought it NIB because the firing pin was sticking, but otherwise it's been flawless. It's really handy for pest control around the property. Once upon a time that was the job of the Single-Six, but the 63 is much smaller and handier. I kind of want a 43C to supplement it, just for those times when you want to throw something super-light in a pocket. Like my 340 desires, though, it's hard to justify the cost just to shave a few ounces. They're not cheap.

Posts: 8393 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No they aren’t. In fact they are shockingly expensive for a pocket 22 with no sights. Lol

That being said it is one of my favorites. It goes on most range trips now. I use my Speed Beez speed loaders and block. Fun. And surprisingly easy to get hits with. The XS white dot and U notch works pretty well.

Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post

Introducing the Dan Wesson family of 44mag and 445 Supermag. All old Monson MA. goodness.

All barrels and frames interchange, but the 445 Supermag round requires the frame with longer cylinders, 44mag is good in everything.
When the 445 Supermag is going to get shot the pretty wood grips come off and the Pachmayers go on.

Posts: 4605 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
I have 4 S&W Wheelguns ….
3 magnums , one of each .
1 Colt ,a Python with a 8” Bbl. Did you ever see a real Python Snake ? It doesn’t have much power if he is a young ,little, shorty. No Squeeze !

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 180 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
My other S&W is my first , a common stainless .
A duty revolver ,Mod. 67 Combat Masterpiece.
My first tavern protector piece . I shot it once outside to protect against damage to a couple of HARLEY Davidson cycles. Ha. Those Whipdicks took it out of reverse mighty quick ... & drove forward out of the lot. Never any problem after that.

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 180 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
My first handgun purchase was a S&W 15-2 Combat Masterpiece bought in 1974 and sold in 1976. Let’s just say an ex-fiancée was involved that didn’t like handguns and leave it there.

Half hearted searching for one the last few years. First shop I worked at post retirement, owner had two in his personal collection but expressed no desire to part with either so I dropped that idea. After the shop closed and a few months off I went to work in another shop.

So what shows up about two weeks ago? A 15-3. One small rust blemish on the left side, holster wear, some evidence of being dropped due to slight sight damage on the right side. Stocks were rough and not number matched to the gun. Mechanically it was fine, tight lockup and no evidence,of the screw heads being boogered up. By Saturday I convinced myself to wait for a better appearing one but Monday morning I went to work it was still in the showcase.

I took that as a “sign”! Well that night at home, a little touch up with Oxpho Blue after a dab or three or four of PB Blaster on the rust blotch and a set of Magna grips in my spare parts box and it looks much better. Next night to the range, happy with it’s performance.

So 47 years later I corrected my mistake.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8065 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few revolvers from S&W, Colt, Ruger, Kimber, & USFA. As a result I raised a 24 y/o kid that has an old soul and also loves revolvers. A few years ago, I let go of a bunch of older S&W revolvers I just wasn’t shooting and shifted my interest slightly. My next revolver will most likely be a new Colt Anaconda.

Posts: 2929 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post