SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You Will Buy A Revolver
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You Will Buy A Revolver Login/Join 
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
OP was right.

My last 7 handgun purchases have been revolvers (mostly stainless instead of blued though).
My last semiauto purchase was probably 5 years ago.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I need a S&W or five.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Nothing says pay attention like a 3 1/2" Model 27.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Mostly Ruger but I do have one S&W from 1947.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
A S&W Model 19-3 was the first handgun I ever bought. Bought it used in 1984 and of course I still have it. I have also bought several more revolvers since and have never sold a single one. In fact, I’ll probably buy more. Of course, I also have a mess of Glocks.

My other half inherited this one from her brother. A 6-inch Model 19-4.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I did just buy my first revolver a couple of years ago, to celebrate my turning a half-century old. I had always wanted a .38 snub. I got a Chief’s Special®. Sorry, but it is a new one with a lock and no firing pin on the hammer. I just wanted it as a fun toy. It is all steel, at least.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last few weeks have been a dearth or quality used guns but so far this year I’ve picked up a smith 63, 34, and 10 snub. Also found a 1st year 1955 production 357 blackhawk and a 4 inch security six. That’s just the revolvers.

Pickins are thin right now. I’m suppose to trade an extra 44 blackhawk to a buddy for 4 inch 66. But he’s a cop in one of the bigger Bay Area cities and he’s been busy the last 2 weeks but we’ll get it done.

Posts: 4737 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I have a Smith or two

Colts too

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Sadly it has a lock but still...

My 1995 vintage 640-1

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
All I’ve got is a beater S/W M-15 and a gorgeous K-22 from my FIL. I’m coming to the conclusion that I really need something in .357.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Wow! You guys have some beautiful revolvers!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have some Smiffs, maybe 3 or 4 or 5, I lose count sometimes.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I only have one. He is my little friend.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Revolvers, I used to think when I was younger, were a thing of the past. The last few years I have been getting a couple here and there. They are a perfect gun to have for when things go bump in the night. Easy to operate with nothing to confuse a new or experienced shooter.You guys have some beautiful examples.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
That is a great collection of firearms you have colt_saa.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Some beautiful revolvers, all.

I don’t own any S&W revolvers (yet), but I have several Rugers and a couple Colts (Frontier Scouts).

My favorite part of shooting revolvers? Not having to pick up brass. Big Grin

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pulicords,

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Mostly Ruger but I do have one S&W from 1947.

Wow! A pre-model 10??? Looks in great shape! Do you ever shoot it?

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
All these pretty pictures of revolvers and here I am fixing to post pictures of probably one of the most beat up and ugly ones there is....

but here's why.... and it is one of the things I'm most proud of... this is the revolver my father had strapped to his chest back in November of 1950 when he and 12,000 other marines were faced with something like 100,000 Chinese and 30 below weather... at a now mostly forgotten place called the Chosen Reservoir...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blume9mm:
All these pretty pictures of revolvers and here I am fixing to post pictures of probably one of the most beat up and ugly ones there is....

but here's why.... and it is one of the things I'm most proud of... this is the revolver my father had strapped to his chest back in November of 1950 when he and 12,000 other marines were faced with something like 100,000 Chinese and 30 below weather... at a now mostly forgotten place called the Chosen Reservoir...[QUOTE]

Blume, I see the true beauty in that revolver...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post