SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's everyone using for irons these days?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's everyone using for irons these days? Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
I'm going to start carrying my W. German P226, so I need to remove the suppressor height Trijicons. I haven't shopped for irons in years, so I was wondering what everyone is using these days?

My current carry P226R has the XS standard dot sights. I like them, but am leaning towards going back to 3 dots over dot-the-I.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17356 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I like the Trijicon Bright & Tough night sights. I have these on almost all of my Glocks.

For SIGs:

https://www.trijicon.com/produ...or-sig-sauer-pistols

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107914 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Hackathorns. Orange dot, blacked out serrated rear.

Posts: 11370 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Hackathorns. Orange dot, blacked out serrated rear.

While I have lots of different irons and all my HKs sport regular 3 dots I much prefer the above. I have them on all my Glocks.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7714 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I'm decidedly old school on my P229R with a set of Heinie plain black blade-in-notch non-contrast no-dots sights. They don't even make this model any more.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16420 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ameriglo Pro I-Dot front with a blacked out no-marker rear. After going through cataract surgery I find that I like this non-conflicting, no-muss/no-fuss configuration the best these days.

-MG

Posts: 2045 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Ameriglo I-dot for me.

Posts: 17285 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just use whatever the gun comes with. I rarely ever change sights. If I do, it's just to plain 3-dot tritium (no color mix) from Meprolight or Trijicon.

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 372 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Dots for me too. On tiny little guns like my G43. I go with XS Big Dots

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16170 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I have the Trijicon HD-XR sights on all my Glocks. These have the U notch rear and slightly thinner front blade.

On a Glock 43X I picked up a few weeks ago I tried the Ameriglo Protector series sights. Basically the Hackathorn style with tritium front dot and U notch black serrated rear.

Posts: 3556 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Dawson Precision on most things.

Usually with just a fiber optic front and black rear. Occasionally a factory night sight front and blackout the rear. Also use their back up irons on guns with dots.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8349 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do you need to remove the suppressor height sights?

If you absolutely do need to, Trijicons would be my 1st choice
XS has 3 dot regular height sights for the Sig's:

https://xssights.com/products/...ights-sig-sauer.html

(How old are you? Are your eyes giving you trouble at close distance? Are you in need of reading glasses? You may want to look towards the HD / Hi-Vis style of sights. Wink About 45 or so, the front sight was getting a little blurry, and every time I shot, just a little more fuzzy... The Hi-Viz or HD sights are a game changer!)

https://www.trijicon.com/produ...egory/trijicon-hd-xr

https://www.trijicon.com/produ...category/trijicon-hd

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8377 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
I'm decidedly old school on my P229R with a set of Heinie plain black blade-in-notch non-contrast no-dots sights. They don't even make this model any more.
We have something very common. I have questions of dot sights reserved for a future thread.

Posts: 17929 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Removing all my night sights and replacing them with FO. Except my red dot guns. Night sights are overrated to me.

https://www.trijicon.com/produ...rijicon-fiber-sights

Posts: 1990 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I wasn’t familiar with many of the ones brought up so far. I’m going to start looking into all of them.

The suppressor sights feel awkwardly tall without a can. I’m also worried about them snagging or interfering with a holster fit. Nothing wrong with my eyes yet! I’m only 40 (ha!) and had LASIK when I was in my late twenties.

While I like fiber optic front sights, I’m a bit skeptical about their robustness and would like to stick to those for target/range guns.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17356 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While not on my sig yet, the ameriglo with two dot rear and orange front sight were a huge improvement on my Glock. I think they are the bold sights

Posts: 382 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
Trijicon hd.

The photo luminescent ring around the front Tritium makes it superior to the ameriglo’s for any low light activity where a moment to prepare exists such as a building clearance, etc

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2448 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine all wear factory 3 dot (Sigs anyway). I have fiber optic front and black rear on glocks and my Dan Wesson has their version of a straight 8 sights. Honestly, I like the 3 dots least of all. They're too busy in my opinion. Hard to line up accurately, but I'm just a range shooter.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2756 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
If they're available, Wilson Combat Battlesights. Wide U Notch Rear and choice of whatever front sight you want.

Posts: 4287 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My all time favorite sights are the original bar dot or von stavenhagen sight. They weren't night sights but they always seemed to work best for me.

Posts: 2758 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post