During the height of covid and the riots, I sold several guns. 6 were 239s. I really thought I had 8, but had miscounted (read the spreadsheet wrong.) Several were the GOTM types and brought a good price. At any rate, I intended to keep two, but sold them all. I realized this not long ago, and have been casually looking for one (or two) when I cruise the gun shops. Today I found one in a shop about a mile from the house, excellent condition, a tiny bit of holster wear near the muzzle, 3 mags, box and instruction manual. Haven't had a chance to field strip or shoot it yet. I'm really pleased to have found one.
Posts: 17749 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell
Posts: 5666 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002
Congrats! Looks good. I have had so many 239s over the years. The flat front strap makes is the only pistol that I think Hogue warps around grips are a must with.
Currently don’t have one, but I have been contemplating picking one up in 40.
Nice that you found it locally!
Regards, Waco
Learning from my mistakes since 1974...
Posts: 1738 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003
Try Ryan’s GS2 holster and GS2 Double Mag Pouch. He has a military discount and he will expedite your order for a fee. He is much easier to work with than Milt Sparks.
I bought a Sig 239 10 years ago. It was my first Sig and my first DA/SA gun. I had just gotten out of the hospital after surgery and was told that I needed to get out and walk regularly. I live in a not so good neighborhood so I always kept a gun around but my Glock 17 was a little big to carry in my condition. Found a 239 in ablocal message board and picked it up. I later realized that even being smaller, it was not as light as I was hoping for and sold it to pick up a Glock 43 that fit my needs better. I have regretted selling that 239 ever since and hope someday to find a deal on one locally again.