SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swiss Sig P-210 - collection
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Sig P-210 - collection Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheDash6:
I have recently reinitiated my admiration for quality firearms after years in other hobbies, namely giant-scale radio control aircraft. <<snip>>

From one very expensive hobby to another! LOL

I've been flying R/C since 1976 so I know what kind of money pits they can be... especially with helicopters! Big Grin

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4543 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

From one very expensive hobby to another! LOL

I've been flying R/C since 1976 so I know what kind of money pits they can be... especially with helicopters! Big Grin

That's great to hear! Yeah it sure does drain the wallet, but some of my best memories are out at the flying field. Here's a few recent photos of some of my planes...I sold a couple recently to get into these P210 pistols, they're pricey!...but i'm kind of late to the party.When P210s were still being made in Switzerland I was barely a child.

~ In search of the finer things ~

Posts: 39 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: March 31, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
ridewv, none of your beautiful P210s were manufactured here in the USA. The P210A and now Carry model are the only 2 to be made here.

This is true. Exeter, Tyson's, Redmond, Simpson's etc are some of the importers that brought these Swiss Sigs into the US. I believe Exeter and Tyson' were of the few that actually got stamped onto the pistol while still at the factory, others were marked afterwards.

Note, that for pistols that are obviously Swiss made ones, if they do not say "SIG" on them and are of the latest batches, they are of the Swiss Arms Neuhausen variety made by Sig production, but without the rights to the logo, nor the name.

GM

Posts: 39 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: March 31, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dash6!

The Hammerli bags contain extra magazines.

The P210-2(?) does not have P210 anywhere on the pistol or box which seems unusual, the only markings on the blue box are "SIG" and "307108". The pistol has "SIGARMS INC." and "Tysons Corner Virginia" on the right side.
You're probably correct re the plum tint because some HK P7's have it as well due to the type of steel and bluing used.

Yes the heavy frame P210-6-9 plastic box logo is "SWISS+ ARMS"

David, thanks yes I realize that. I should have been more clear, I was referring to where/when they were imported by Sig Arms. I don't have a P210 American the only one I have not Swiss is this one which was made in Germany.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7032 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
Wow, those German target 210s look incredible. Very purposeful and while they look massive in the photos I bet they are nice and lean like most P210s.

Beautiful collection you have!

GM

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistols gents. Waiting for more photos from the OP.

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
.... Waiting for more photos from the OP.

Me too!

Posts: 7032 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful P210's guys!

Its one of my favorites and I have a number of them.

Anyone else have a forged Swiss Heavy Frame? I don't see any, so I figured to post mine...

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Very nice P210 you have there Bac! I like the older ones but unfortunately don't own any.

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
Beautiful P210's guys!

It's one of my favorites and I have a number of them.

Anyone else have a forged Swiss Heavy Frame? I don't see any, so I figured to post mine...

edited

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No links to active auctions please, not that that thing will sell anytime within the next century.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's my favorite P210 out of the models I own. Not as valuable as my 1975 Heavy, but so rare to see a complete kit like this and as far as I know, its unfired.

This one was built in 1967 and is chambered in 9mm. It features a matching 30 Luger barrel as well as a complete rimfire upper assembly, barrel and magazine. The old cleaning kit is higher quality than many complete pistols. It includes and papers and test targets for each caliber.

I love the full checkered grips, which are nearly nonexistent and were only an option on a complete kit like this for a short time.

I'm fortunate enough to own a lot of high end pistols and this is one of the highlights of my collection...

Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
Wow, those last 2 pistols by BAC are truly rare and special examples. How i'd love to have a forged heavy frame variant someday! There's a special "feel" and sound to the forged frames that is dificult to describe, but very special. The kit is astonishing too, a 9mm, 30 luger, AND .22 all in box and one frame if I understood correctly?

Exceptional pieces, thanks for sharing.

GM

Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beautiful pistols gents. Waiting for more photos from the OP.

I'll be taking some photos this weekend ! Also going to the range to shoot my recent P49 and my dad's 210-6S heavy frame. Should be fun.

GM

Picture of E_Rock81
posted Hide Post
Never had a chance to own an original Swiss made P210 but I had a chance to handle a few. And they were absolute beauties. Both -2s. You have a magnificent collection. Thank you for sharing with us. I did have a P210A for a short while, but I sold it to fund something else. It was a nice pistol, but it’s a tough, if not impossible act to follow when compared to the originals.

Posts: 1320 | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ridewv, none of your beautiful P210s were manufactured here in the USA. The P210A and now Carry model are the only 2 to be made here.

Yes. I own those and love them, but they definitely aren't in the same class.

They probably shoot just as well, at least from the shorter distances, but that old Swiss quality is missing.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Very nice P210 you have there Bac! I like the older ones but unfortunately don't own any.

You need to change that Wink Big Grin

Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
I love the American 210s also. They feel great in the hand, have an exceptional trigger, are accurate and the nitron finish is much more consistent and luxurious than the blued beadblasted surface on the Swiss models. Where it all ends though, is the "feel" and "timbre" of the metals used in the Swiss models, espcially the forged versions. Also with the Americans I found that different pistols among different stores where I was able to handle them had variable amounts of side play in the slide. The construction and overall feel of quality is MUCH greater in the Swiss models. Once you have the opportunity to hold them, take apart, assemble, shoot them, etc, you will want the Swiss version every time.

GM

Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
Today a LOT of photos were taken, mostly of my dad's current collection, but first i'll post my second Swiss sig, a superb condition P49 numbered for the Swiss Army. Produced most likely between 1958-1959 It is completely correct as far as I can tell. No import marks anywhere on the gun. No refinishing, all parts are correctly numbered, including the trigger assembly, factory sights are still in line with the chisel marks, and the interiors rails and moving parts have very little wear. The slide is very tight...it's almost as if barely fired. I spent a couple hours working some Leatherique treatments on the holster to bring it back to life, it is soft and supple once again.

The mechanism is slick, tight and the steel feels as if of a high "timbre" when actuated, glassy smooth. Maybe it's one of those subtle differences between the forged and CNC variants. This pistol is some 35 years older than my 210-6 and i'm thinking I like the P49 more. How does it shoot? Far better than I can, whenever I didn't flinch, bullseyes are simple every single time. It's just so good.

GM

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheDash6,

Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
Next up, my dad's P210-6 for which a conversion kit has been acquired. The factory box calls for a kit so we found one to pair it up with. Nice little kit and fits perfectly as intended.
GM