SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swiss Sig P-210 - collection
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Sig P-210 - collection Login/Join 
Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
Up next is one for which I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw it. I don't know how many of these are in existence. Here's the box...as I get the photos uploaded.

~ In search of the finer things ~

Posts: 39 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: March 31, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
I believe this one is of the "deluxe" variants that Sig produced as factory-engraved options. I'd like to know more on these, but have found limited information online. The theme is Oak leaves with gold acorns, gold trigger/hammer/slide release. The bluing is of a plum hue and looks incredible in person. I had a difficult time photographing this due to the shadows and lighting over the engraving and colors. I originally felt engraved models might be too gaudy for my taste, I now think they are magnificent to hold and look at. Maybe someday i'll consider purchasing one if I can find it and put up the cash for it....for now, at least I can look at this one at my parent's house! Anways, on to the pictures:

Posts: 39 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: March 31, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
There are some elegant pistols pictured here. I cant imagine the time it takes to fully engrave and inlay gold into that one Dash6. I think besides that beautiful piece bac posted wearing outstanding checkered stocks, I admire most what I believe is called silver super target on previous page? It just grabs me and I am sure there was a long slide model. I'll never get to own a P210 but I can dream.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
There are some elegant pistols pictured here. I cant imagine the time it takes to fully engrave and inlay gold into that one Dash6. I think besides that beautiful piece bac posted wearing outstanding checkered stocks, I admire most what I believe is called silver super target on previous page? It just grabs me and I am sure there was a long slide model. I'll never get to own a P210 but I can dream.

Thanks for the comments, David. I agree what a labor of love these engravings are. Ohhh to have been around at the time and have a custom P210 commissioned from the factory.

GM

Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
Our "Pinocchio pistol", except this one doesn't lie. Here we have the 210-5 with 2 barrel lengths and both numbered to the frame and slide. We believe this one to be especially worthwhile to have given that both barrels are available and the box and test target are correct. Note the removable beavertail in the first photo to prevent hammer bite as my dad's hands are somewhat large (thankfully my hands are slender enough to avoid this bite). I have not fired this particular one, but my dad has...again it is difficult to really know how accurate they are when just casually punching papers at the range, but the 50m factory test target means business !

*Neat fact,: Of course the front sight blade needs to be removed to clean the barrel outside of the gun, but there is no thread lock or any kind of lock on the front collar...actually the threads on the barrel that receive the collar are every so slightly tapered so the collar "grabs" progressively as it reached the front sight blade, and then can't be turned further. Very cleverly designed !
GM

Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
Adding on a mint condition .22LR kit, with test target and with 316XXX serial number that is VERY close to that of my 210-6 Pistol. I can imagine these two were on adjacent shelves at some point at the factory. My 210-6 was originally stickered on the box to include a 22 conversion kit, so now it is as complete as I can get it. It is so much fun to shoot .22 LR out of a 210, very accurate too !

Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
....and one more that I won on auction last month, which may actually be my favorite. A pristine condition 210-1 from the early 1970's with correct serial-numbered box. This one is certainly a forged frame with what I believe to be heat treated as well. The finish is so luxurious but difficult to capture on camera. It has a glossy metallic plum-colored frame with gloss blue/black slide. The Hammer assembly has what I believe to Hammerli markings and there are no import markings anywhere on this pistol. The trigger is the best non-target trigger I have ever pulled on a Sig, there's no friction "grab" in any of the stages, it feels liquid. Truly pistol jewelry. I'll post more pictures when I have good ones to share.

GM

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheDash6,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No links to active auctions please, not that that thing will sell anytime within the next century.

Just out of curiosity what is the reasoning behind this rule. Must have been the 210 listed on GB for something like $25K, that's a lot of money.

Posts: 142 | Location: NY | Registered: December 11, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
These are some spectacular pistols! I’ve held a 210 owned by a relative, though I don’t recall the gun’s exact lineage. It was exquisite, regardless.

Don’t we have a member amongst us who carried a 210 on-duty as a uniformed LEO? I think I recall a post where he was showing the custom-crafted duty gunleather he’d had made for the gun.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the member went by Code33, although it’s been a bit. I also believe his P210 was modified by Mr. Bruce Gray. If you go to Mr. Gray’s website you can find archived photos of the project (not to be confused with the Bruiser P210A project).

Posts: 177 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bonanacroin:
I believe the member went by Code33, although it’s been a bit. I also believe his P210 was modified by Mr. Bruce Gray. If you go to Mr. Gray’s website you can find archived photos of the project (not to be confused with the Bruiser P210A project).

I believe you are correct - I searched for that SF member and came across some pictures I recognized still out here on the Forum.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
A recently acquired 210-6 target from the early 80's (possibly 1984)...some of the first run CNC models. There are no import markings anywhere on the gun. The fit and finish of this is is amazing, and I will use it as my range gun. Also a couple more photos of the 210-1 and -6 together.

For those wondering, I like to use a bit of Testor's enamel paint lightly tinted with brown and yellow to make a "dirty" white and that's what I used to fill in the serial numbers. I can then easily remove this with a light mineral spirits, a WOOD toothpick and all wiped with gun oil after. No evidence or damage whatsoever.

Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheDash6:

From one Texan to another, brother....that is pure poetry. Well done.

Posts: 800 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
At one time I had 6 of them. Now I'm down to 2, and happy about it. Guess I've gotta look, but I doubt if I've got photos. My 210-2 is a 3 caliber gun, like the one shown. The other is a nearly new in box -7. Its serial is right in the middle of the 400 made originally.

I actually saw another for sale, but it was nearly beat to death and the guy wanted $5000 for it. Given that I have a much better -7, I did look at it, but didn't buy. Besides, I only paid $1700 for mine. I haven't seen it in years.

The 3 caliber gun has the same serial # as the frame on both the 9mm and .30 cal barrels. The 22 cal kit has a different serial.

Mine have much lower serial than those listed. My guess is from the late 1960s or early 70s. I retired so I haven't purchased any more but its not a problem since we don't see them at guns shows these days.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post