SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swiss Sig P-210 - collection
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Sig P-210 - collection Login/Join 
Picture of TheDash6
posted
I have recently reinitiated my admiration for quality firearms after years in other hobbies, namely giant-scale radio control aircraft. My father has long ago appreciated and collected Sig P210s in various iterations of them. I've got the bug now and after purchasing the lovely American P210 I have acquired a Swiss 210-6 that was recently sold off from an estate and it appears to have barely ever been fired. The pistol is pristine, and so is the box, complete with 50m test target and manual. Also included was a correct magazine that shows no signs of bullets ever having been placed in it. I suppose a little luck was at play here, but I truly was searching for the opportunity to hold and shoot what a new Swiss P210 would have been like decades ago. There's just nothing quite like these, it's astonishingly easy to place a bullseye, and often one bullet into the previous bullet hole, even while freehand. I'll share photos as time allows of my current collection and those of my father's as well, hoping to help in the contribution of serial mumbers to the databases in existence. Thank you for having me on this forum and for all the welcomes ! -GM

~ In search of the finer things ~

Posts: 39 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: March 31, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheDash6,

Posts: 39 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: March 31, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They are truly amazing guns. Looking forward to seeing more pics. Cool

Q

Posts: 26186 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Such a beauty! That's one that anyone would be overjoyed to have in the collection.

Posts: 818 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really nice collection. Not sure I can put my finger on why, and I am definitely not a guy who thinks the only good version of a pistol is the original, but these just look better than the modern remake

Posts: 537 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your great post. Such excellent pistols, and great photos to boot.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8837 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet P210s you have there. I hope to have one some day.

Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 9104 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Just beautiful. Absolutely beautiful guns.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Engineering elegance.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum OP. That is a beautiful P210 complete with test target, manual and what seems to be the original cardboard box. When was it test fired? The date on the test target is too small to make out. According to the SN on your pistol, I have a P210-2 from the same era. However, mine came in the ugly black plastic "coffin". There's just something "romantic" about imported pistols in cardboard boxes, factory test targets and multi-language maunals!

Posts: 2006 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
WOW... talk about a score indeed! Congrats!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone for the nice comments! Nice to see folks sharing their thoughts on these pistols.

Up next, just received a late 1950's Swiss P49, 3rd variant. I'm currently going through it for cleaning/lubing, and will take it to the range later this week. Photos to follow.

GM

Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Welcome to the forum OP. That is a beautiful P210 complete with test target, manual and what seems to be the original cardboard box. When was it test fired? The date on the test target is too small to make out. According to the SN on your pistol, I have a P210-2 from the same era. However, mine came in the ugly black plastic "coffin". There's just something "romantic" about imported pistols in cardboard boxes, factory test targets and multi-language maunals!

Is yours in a Swiss Arms box? Could it be one of those last editions made in Switzerland? Might have something special on your hands...

I do love the blue box, but I wish I knew when this one was test fired. It actually does not have the date for that, only for the age of ammo used. I've seen several examples like this on the forums and in auctions where mid 1990's pistols were left without the test date. They make sure to include certain things like 50 meters, date of ammo, 6 shots, etc....but don't seem to care much about when it was done! That sure would help those of us 30 years later trying to document all this. Ha.

Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
Sneak peek on this vintage black beauty! Meanwhile the 60+ year old leather holster is getting a Leatherique treatment to restore it as best possible.

GM

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Nice find Dash6 and nice photos, thanks for posting them.

I should pull mine out and take some pictures because the ones I had were lost on Photobucket.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7033 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Nice find Dash6 and nice photos, thanks for posting them.

I should pull mine out and take some pictures because the ones I had were lost on Photobucket.

Thank you, and sure!...I think the forum deserves good P210 photos. Feel free to even post on this thread too, making it photo-rich.
Yeah, I lost a good chunk of my "forum life" with PhotoBucket years back. I recently subscribed to SmugMug and it is a nice platform so far.

GM

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I got out the P210's, all are complete with test target, manual, and loader. This one is an Exter, NH I believe manufactured around 1995 with 2 extra magazines, supposedly never fired since it left the factory. Date on target is 5 June 1982.

This one has an unusual plum coloring, could it have been refinished? Also the foam in the box is degrading. It came with plastic and wood grips, Tyson's Corner manufactured around 1986. It doesn't have P210 on it. Target date 25 November 1982. The white visible on the frame/slide rail is grease.

This is the second P210 I bought, it is an Exter heavy frame picked up new in 2005. The test target is dated April 2004 which I believe refers to the ammo manufacture date.

This group photo also includes the 50th Anniversary which was my first P210. In 2004 I couldn't find a new one to buy but when CDNN's catalog showed up in the mail it had this one in it as a close out for $2,000. Regular P210's were around $1,800 new if you could find one so I thought what the hell I'll just buy this one to shoot. But after it arrived with its fancy display box and other things I decided to keep it unfired. (Shortly later I found the new Heavy Frame above.)

Geesh I struggled trying to get the descriptions with the correct photos, I think I finally did.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7033 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheDash6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
I got out the P210's, all are complete with test target, manual, and loader. This one is an Exter, NH I believe manufactured around 1995 with 2 extra magazines, supposedly never fired since it left the factory. Date on target is 5 June 1982.

Geesh I struggled trying to get the descriptions with the correct photos, I think I finally did.

I REALLY enjoyed seeing those photos. Your collection is impressive, but also the fact that they are all so pristine too makes it even more incredible. Wow that -6 is totally new! Could you please tell me what's in the baggies that say "hammerli"? I have that same baggie in the box but don't know what was in it.
So what little I know so far, and i'm just going off what i've read, feel free to correct me, the one with plum coloring (most likely a 210-2) is due to some occasions in which SIG would use a treated steel or did something to strengthen them, but because yours is of a latter serial number I would think it's just the type of steel that was used and how it took the blueing treatment. There's thousands of P210s out there with the dual color, and its original!
The heavy frame that says "P210" but nothing else other than the importer is most likely a Swiss Arms Neuhausen meaning it was made right after the "Sig" license no longer applied to their guns, but it was still made at the Sig plant by Sig employees in Switzerland. Can you verify this is correct since you bought it new? It may even say "Swiss Arms" on the outer plastic box.

The engraved one is just beautiful, my father has one too but it is not the 50th anniv one, i'll be sharing those photos eventually.

Thank you for contributing to the thread!
-Gabriel

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
ridewv, none of your beautiful P210s were manufactured here in the USA. The P210A and now Carry model are the only 2 to be made here.

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post