SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig p365xl, why carry anything else?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig p365xl, why carry anything else? Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
I keep looking in my gun safe at all my pistols and can’t come up with one reason to carry any other pistol over my Sig P365xl. It’s light, easy to conceal, 12-15 rounds, points great, fits my hand real good, low recoil, accurate.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty much in the same place, although my carry piece alternates between the 365 and 365XL.

While I have Vedder IWB holsters for both, I prefer to pocket carry. The 365 carries nicely in most of my trousers/shorts and the 365XL in my trousers/shorts with dedicated holster pockets. Each rides in a StickyHolster to cover the trigger.

I'm a life-long 1911 enthusiast and shoot them in .45 ACP better than anything else. But for pocket carry the 365s are my choice.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 957 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Glock 43x (maybe a G43X MOS) much easier, no extended mags cause I need more than 10 rounds

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7905 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat as well. I carried a P224 and P229 for several years, but now I'm loving the P365XL. It's a great little package and so much lighter. Although I like the triggers on the classic Sigs much better, its hard to deny what a great gun the P365's have become. I've tried a few other handguns, but nothing comes close.

““My mother always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana.” —Betty White

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IANative
posted Hide Post
My 365XL w/ Holosun 507k is hard to beat. Not the best fit in my largish hands, but very concealable. The optic is the difference maker for me. The 365XL/507k combo is a near perfect combination. Without the optic, I probably would choose another pistol option.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
USN Veteran
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 446 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I debated using my 365XL as my plainclothes duty gun towards the end of my career, but have way too many reps with my P226 and just didn't feel comfortable switching to a new platform, at least for duty use. It did tick all the boxes, though.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have very small hands and the 356X fits me better than anything I've shot the past 35 years. And with the stock flat trigger, I'm hitting POA every time. It is hard to beat!

Posts: 259 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: January 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned 2-365's. The 365 is a great gun but it never fit my hand and that was the problem. I never got comfortable with it and that's a shame because I just found out about the Wilson Combat grip for the 365 and they say it's a bit larger than the stock grip. As popular as the 365 is I.m supprised that some co's. haven't come out with a little larger grips for it. I know it's a CC gun but I've read many times how the grip could be a little larger.

So I was in my LGS and happen to see the new Kimber R7 MAKO. I had just been reading all about it and it looked good and was surprised to see it in the store. So I handled it and it felt fabulous and the trigger was also really great.

So I brought my 365 in and received a great price for it and traded for the MAKO $75 OTD.

The MAKO is a little larger, it has a few more rounds in it but that's not why I purchased it, it fits my hand perfect for A CC gun. and it shoots lights out. I'd still like to have a 365 since at least Wilson is making a little larger grip for and if I can make sure it fits.

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Baird:
I have very small hands and the 356X fits me better than anything I've shot the past 35 years. And with the stock flat trigger, I'm hitting POA every time. It is hard to beat!

Same as me and Mrs. Flash.

When we were getting married, my Dad up in Alaska said he'd buy us wedding rings and sent a ring sizer thing down to us to check our sizes and get back to him.

When we told him our sizes, he said the local Jeweler said that his future daughter in law had a children's size and his son had a woman's size.

But it's like the P365 was made from a mold of my hand.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“Why carry anything else?”
Because the P365 isn’t chambered in 357 SIG.

(You asked. Wink )

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got 2 P229's and a P239 in 357 SIG...can't believe how expensive ammo is!

P220 ELITE SAO 10MM + P220 SAS GEN 2 45 ACP
P226 MK-25 9MM [2]
P227 45 ACP
M11-A1 9MM [2]
P229 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P229 SAS GEN 2 357 + P229 CARRY SAS 357 + P229 ELITE 40 S&W
P239 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P239 SAS GEN 2 357
P290 9MM
1911 TACOPS 45ACP

Posts: 82 | Location: TENNESSEE | Registered: October 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eh, the grip size of the XL is just long enough to work for me (which is a relief - I still shake my head to think that the 239 and 228/229 are simply not for me). Having said that, I'd cheerfully take another half inch or so of sight radius if I could get it.

I guess I need to get a 507K and see what happens.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At this time of year, I usually break out an OWB holster and one of my classic Sigs. Concealment is no problem under Michigan winter garments. After two weeks of carrying my comparatively heavier M11-A1, it went back in the safe. My 365XL is loaded with the same cartridges and has nearly the same capacity. It's become my 12-month companion, away from home.

Posts: 270 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
“Why carry anything else?”
Because the P365 isn’t chambered in 357 SIG.

(You asked. Wink )

This. I like my P365(X) a lot but lately have been going back to my G33.

Something chambered in .357SIG about the same size as the P365(X) with 10-12rds capacity would be the perfect carry gun IMO. Cool

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P365 is missing the hammer. I would love to see Sig make something the size of the 365 in DA/SA. I just bought a P229 but wish it was a bit smaller.

Posts: 8 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 02, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
It's a great gun, and easy to carry but it's too small for my hand. I had one for a while and ended up getting rid of it. These days it's my P245, a P320, or a J-Frame, or a combination of the above, depending upon the situation. I am also comfortable carrying the J-Frame with it's heavy trigger in ways that I never would the P365 with it's light trigger and cocked striker.

Posts: 8607 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mastrogiacomo
posted Hide Post
I just picked up my gun today and trying it out, but have yet to shoot it. I'm just getting a feel for it. The mag release takes some getting used to and I'm planning on getting a Hogue grip for it. Any suggestions for easy install? I checked out the box and I don't see anything to help with changing the grip module. Is this something you buy? I'm surprised there wasn't anything included.

Laura

Luctor et Emergo

Posts: 194 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's how I've always felt about my g19. Just the right size, 15 rounds with 17rnd reload.
I'll, admit the 365xl has me interested. I've only handled one at the gunshop but the grip felt too small for my hands. I'd love to shoot one to compare to my g19.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P365xl is a bit big for pocket carry, so I carry the P365 in a pocket holster. I carry that, regardless of what else I'm carrying. I may carry just the P365, but my personal carry pistol is a G32 in .357 Sig. In that case, I'll also have the P365.

The P365 and variations are all compromises. I'd prefer to have a full size grip, along with capacity, and something that fills my hand, vs. gripping a pencil. I like the P365, but it feels more like gripping a snickers bar, than a pistol. It's a good compromise for a pocket sized pistol; in comparison to a small revolver, it's got higher capacity, quicker reloads, decent sights, and fits in the same space as a model 36 (et al), in a little DeSantis pocket holster.

When I have time, my next project pistol will be a P365 with a compensator in a P365xl grip module, just for something to do. May be put a small red dot on it. No longer a pocket pistol, it will be more like a snickers bar with benefits.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
While it is a great pistol, it is too small for some.

That and there is no 40 S&W or 357 Sig version.

I'm sure 38 Super won't happen, but if they had one in 10mm...

Posts: 9164 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post