SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Now I can Be A Self Respecting Bond Villain (Walther P38 Inside)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now I can Be A Self Respecting Bond Villain (Walther P38 Inside) Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
I sold my CYQ Russian capture to my ex brother in law years ago, then he traded it to my older brother a few months back and it got me missing my old pistol.

When I was married, my BIL taught me about them and I wanted an actual Walther manufactured AC code gun. He has an early military AC code commercial highly finished example, but I am happy with actual war production with no import marks.

Now I can be a proper Bond villain.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34072 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
The P38 is a beautiful handgun that I have always admired, but just never purchased.

Just a really, really cool handgun.

As a Bond Villain, watcha' wearing on your wrist? I cannot quite make it out.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Zodiac.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34072 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
As a Bond Villain, watcha' wearing on your wrist? I cannot quite make it out.

Garage door opener to the volcano. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Well played Sir, well played!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have always thought highly of the Walther P1,P4,P5,P38 family of firearms. This is one of a very small group of firearms designed for lefties.

I did always one one of the Man from U.N.C.L.E. brief cases with the scoped and stocked P38

I never had a P38, but I did have two P1s and 2 P5s. I got rid of the longer barreled P1s and kept the snubbies. A few years back one of my associates pestered the heck out of me until I sold him one of my P5s.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Personally, I’ve always wanted one since seeing Scorpio bash the old liquor store owner over the head and stealing his which he used to shoot at Harry on the school bus and in the quarry.

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
My Grandfather brought one back from WW2, along with a Walther Model 5 and one or two others. I fell in love with it the first time I laid eyes on it as a child - with the matching holster and everything.

In the end, I ended up with the Model 5 and my cousin got the P38. (It was supposed to be the other way around, but whatever. Smile )

However, I've still never really lost the desire to pick one up.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Very nice! All you need now is a snazzy blue uniform.

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice one you have there OP. That's a "single line" AC 42 I notice. Not sure when Walther started stamping slides in that fashion but it definitely was in 1942. My AC 42 is the earlier "stacked" format where the "AC" is over the "42".

Posts: 2006 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that’s one pistol I wish I’d gotten when the getting was good. Nice pistol OP!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1858 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club.

Let my know if you can use a financial planner, you qualify for the group rate.

Posts: 607 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Nice one you have there OP. That's a "single line" AC 42 I notice. Not sure when Walther started stamping slides in that fashion but it definitely was in 1942. My AC 42 is the earlier "stacked" format where the "AC" is over the "42".

I REALLY wanted a commercial finished 2 line, but those are WAY out of my reach (willing to pay for). I am happy with this late production.

A byf is my next obsession.

I'd love to find a set of original red grips for this one, but in 44, parts were in short supply so it could have either.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
It wants a lanyard. Cool

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Never thought I'd say it, but those Hogue grips certainly suit the P5.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3429 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post

They all are terrific guns to shoot. Enjoy your new treasure!

© vonkantor.com

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1629 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1629 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Never thought I'd say it, but those Hogue grips certainly suit the P5.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post

© vonkantor.com

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I got to shoot the updated (aluminum alloy) version of the P38 called the P1 in Germany during marksmanship qualification with the Bundeswehr in the mid-90's.

I recall them telling me to watch out for hammer bite, but recall it being easy to shoot and not biting me.

Posts: 33572 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post