SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The new CZ TS2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The new CZ TS2 Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted
I may have to snag one of these... {for photos, click on the link}

CZ just unveiled the TS 2, a new sport pistol series optimized for competing in the IPSC Standard Division. A new slide design, frame and sport hammer are some of the exterior features that distinguish the newcomer in CZ's TS family. But there's much more: according to the manufacturer, “the new CZ TS 2 series is the result of independent development, where the extensive experience of CZ Shooting Team members was combined with the very latest design and production processes”.

CZ TS 2 pistol also offers a single-action (SA) only trigger mechanism with short travel and quick reset, increased accuracy and service life, improved frame and slide geometry (for easier, faster and more reliable operation), improved ergonomics, and aggressive checkering optimized for a reliable grip in a wide range of conditions. Other features include a 0.039”/1 mm red fiber optic front sight for quick and intuitive aiming, a durable finish and a machined magwell and flat, anodized duralumin base. And if you want to add a pinch of customization, you'll only have to choose among a wide range of components and accessories.

The CZ TS 2 Deep Bronze is a hand-fitted and matched model featuring a frame with a Bronze Cerakote finish and a polished barrel. Its flat duralumin grips and magazine base are black anodized.

The CZ TS 2 pistol is the latest generation of CZ sport pistols. The first generation was the single-action only CZ 75 Tactical Sports model (CZ 75 TS – yes, that's what the “TS” stands for) that debuted fifteen years ago, in 2005 – which in turn was based on the previous sport CZ 75 Standard IPSC pistol from the second half of the 1990s. In 2015, an improved variation of this model appeared, the hand-fitted CZ 75 TS Orange. Then they also launched the CZ Shadow 2 model, a new gun which combined the extensive experience of the CZ Shooting Team with the latest design and production processes. And now, we have the CZ TS 2.

At Česká Zbrojovka they clearly explain that the new CZ TS 2 “has almost nothing in common with the first TS model (just the magazine and a few parts), although all characteristics of the first model’s successful operation were taken into account in its development”, and that even if “the external appearance of this model seems to show a distinct relationship to the CZ Shadow 2”, the CZ TS 2 is a completely different beast.

The Racing Green version of the TS 2 features flat, green anodized duralumin grips and magazines with green anodized bases. The pistol comes with a new CNC-produced frame, and the latest manufacturing technologies allow for precise tolerances down to a hundredth of a millimeter. Together with the modified frame geometry, the newly designed slide with two pairs of serrations should contribute to easier, faster and more reliable handling. Muzzle rise is minimal and return is prompt.

A more prominent checkering on front and back straps ensure secure handling, while the hammer is the new CZ’s slanting design with a large relief hole. The machined magwell helps inserting the anodized duralumin magazine into place. The flat grips are also made of anodized duralumin.

But with the the CZ TS 2 series, CZ is actually introducing not just one, but three models. In addition to the standard model of the CZ TS 2 series there are in fact also the tuned-up Racing Green and Deep Bronze hand-fitted models with custom components for more advanced ISPC competitors. While the basic TS 2 is the entry model, the Racing Green is a more advanced design with flat, green anodized duralumin grips and magazines with green anodized bases. Additional features include a height adjustable rear sight, left hand thumb rest, flat slide stop, adjustable, green anodized extended magazine release, and an extended manual lock safety on the left side (flat on the right side).

During the press presentation, IPSC shooting champion Eric Grauffel gave some shooting demonstrations with the new CZ TS 2 in a dynamic shooting stage.

The Bronze Deep version is presented as “A masterpiece of the sports special for competing in the IPSC Standard Division”: it's a hand-fitted and matched model featuring a frame with a Bronze Cerakote finish and a polished barrel. Its flat duralumin grips and magazine base are black anodized. The pistol comes standard with a pin instead of a slide stop and is equipped with an adjustable metal sight, adjustable left thumb rest, adjustable, black anodized magazine release and an extended manual lock safety on the left side (flat on the right side).

Prices are as follows: 1749 euro for the Silver (basic) version; 2049 euro for the Racing Green; and 2649 euro for the Deep Bronze model. They could vary in your country due to different VAT and import duties, however.

Magazine capacity (20 rounds) and barrel length (5.27”/134 mm) are the same for all versions – CZ already anticipates that you can look forward to the launch of even more CZ TS 2 models in the next future. The TS 2 series is chambered in 9mm, but will also be available in .40 S&W soon.

Link: www.all4shooters.com/en/shooti...ls-details-versions/

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Seems like a single action Shadow 2, which I thought they already had.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
Seems like a single action Shadow 2, which I thought they already had.

Smooth, slimmer, non-rail dust cover. Looks better to my eyes.

Q

Posts: 26196 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I’ll definitely be checking those out when they hit the shelves, the Basic Model Silver would be perfect.

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the TSO and seems hard to improve on. One thing that is missing that I like is the support on the frame for the support hand. A nice option that seems to have been deleted.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^I’m with ya. I have the TSO as well and this is somewhere in between the S2 and the TSO to me. The green one has the gas pedal though the “base model” doesn’t seem to.

Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
"The pistol comes standard with a pin instead of a slide stop"

What is this statement about? Do competition guns not usually have slide stops? If not, why?

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Them there pictures are mighty pretty. The features on the Green one are nice, but I can't say I like the color.

My TSO is the most accurate pistol I own. I just can't see them topping that with what is pictured.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I really like the Tac Sport Orange in .40 S&W I have and hope to get one or two more for back up before they change. It's odd that they are showing it with the old style magazine release instead of the newer Shadow 2 style with the paddle.

I don't use a slide stop on my TSO. With the extended base pads and new followers to hold 20rds, the slide doesn't lock back anyway. I have broken one pin and the pins are only $10 vs $35+ for the full slide stop. I also don't use a thumb rest or gas pedal. I keep the slide stop in my other CZ's as they either don't offer a pin only, or it's a carry gun and it may be needed.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Looks like one sweet pistol Cool

More Pics Here

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
I really like the Tac Sport Orange in .40 S&W I have and hope to get one or two more for back up before they change. It's odd that they are showing it with the old style magazine release instead of the newer Shadow 2 style with the paddle.

I don't use a slide stop on my TSO. With the extended base pads and new followers to hold 20rds, the slide doesn't lock back anyway. I have broken one pin and the pins are only $10 vs $35+ for the full slide stop. I also don't use a thumb rest or gas pedal. I keep the slide stop in my other CZ's as they either don't offer a pin only, or it's a carry gun and it may be needed.

Yeah the old mag release was a puzzler for me too, though it’s still extended at least. I almost picked up a back up TSO myself as my LGS has 17 of them right now. Yep that’s right, 17 TSO’s in stock. Unbelievable.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah the old mag release was a puzzler for me too, though it’s still extended at least. I almost picked up a back up TSO myself as my LGS has 17 of them right now. Yep that’s right, 17 TSO’s in stock. Unbelievable.

Sounds like he bought up a distributor's inventory. Been there, done that...although not with a gun at as high of a price point as the TSO.

-MG

Posts: 1927 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a CZ fan I still find their competition line a mystery zone of odd names and abstract mods. I don’t see the huge gap that this lineup fills.

Personally I would like to see some of the comp stuff migrate to the practical side. Specifically the fantastic checkering on the comp side would be a great addition to the SP01 lineup. Also, how about an SP01 Urban (fde) with no threaded barrel and an adjustable sight milled into slide with FO front from factory. Better frame cuts, checkering, and sights would be a godsend for me.

I also just can’t get onboard with no FPB. Good trigger or not it just seems like an accident waiting to happen. Although the triggers are really really fantastic. I still want a decocker and a FPB.

Posts: 7338 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The CZ75B offers the firing pin block, and a decocker (CZBD).

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I agree with the checkering needing improvement on the SP-01.

I prefer the FPB guns for carry, but have no issue with the non FPB guns for competition. My SP-01 doesn’t give up a lot compared to the Shadow 2 with the same mods. I’ve ended up putting Apex kits in my Shadow 2 and TSO.

I really hope the fixed rear is available separate and fits the TSO. I broke one and with the Apex Hammer, the CZ Custom fixed rear hangs too far back.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Of all the guns I have been blessed to shoot and experience I have never had the pleasure of running any of the higher end / competition CZ’s. That is something I would like to rectify at some point.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7626 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Very eloquently put, sir.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I still like the TSO better myself. I have not fondled a shadow 2, so my opinion may change if and when that happens.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2730 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
3 reasons I prefer the Shadow 2 vs TSO:
It’s 9MM, I know you.can get a 9mm TSO
The grip is a little smaller
MecGar makes inexpensive mags

I have the TSO in 40 only for USPSA Limited Major power factor.

I do hope I can find a current TSO and the bidget aligns before they quit making them.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I almost got the TSO last year but didn't, as I bought the Shadow 2 Orange. Glad it happened that way, because, once the TS 2 came out, with a better looking profile than the TSO to my eyes, I said, man you're going to get it one of these days. And that day finally came. CZ hit another one out of the park with their latest offering, imo. I like the Shadow 2 profile, and the TS 2 retains a lot that but minus the rail, which makes the flat bottomed full length dust cover look real nice. Have not had the chance to shoot it, yet, but will soon and have range report. For now, a non-firing evaluation will have to do.

Comes in the large CZ "suitcase", with 3x TS 20-rounders. I suppose this is their base model, without the gas pedal and the fancy mag release.

Pressed in barrel bushing

Fiber optic front sight with fixed black rear sight

Competition hammer and SAO trigger. Trigger is amazingly light, at 1 lb 11 oz (average of 10 pulls on the Lyman digital trigger scale), but still has that tiny slip (smooth, not gritty) before the sear "breaks". I suppose that if you're competing and shooting fast, it has no consequences really.

Blue aluminum thin checkered TS 2 grips and aggressive checkering on front and back straps all help with securing your paws to the gun but do not hurt them.

Full circumference aluminum magwell/jet funnel, which I really like compared to the one on the German Xguns, which leaves the front empty. The CZ magwell helps support my non-dominant hand's pinky perfectly.

Guide rod and spring with recoil buffer.

Barrel is all black coated, and the slide's internal likewise, unlike the Shadow 2 Orange's which are highly polished.

Along with its siblings, the Shadow 2 Orange and the Taipan, this makes my CZ trifecta. Funny, I used to be all about the compact CZs, but they're long gone, and now, praises for their full size guns.

Q

Posts: 26196 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post