SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The new CZ TS2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The new CZ TS2 Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The TS2 would be my choice of those three, on aesthetics alone, as I'm sure they all shoot better than I'm capable of.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Limited Division just got way more fun. Cool

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the beautiful photos Q! Looking forward to the range report. I also see you picked up some Lok grips for the S2O... I love their palm swell grips on mine.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Love LOK grips for CZ. They are to CZ like Hogue grips are to SIG. The Palm Swell on the Taipan works perfectly. Reason I chose flat on the S2O is because of the longer trigger reach. When LOK comes out with the Palm Swell for the TS2, I'll jump right on it. Cool

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lok grips are the best. And I love that gun.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a CZ Shadow 2 SA around Christmas time and have been upgrading it slowly as parts have become available.

Now it has a CZ-UB trigger like a TS trigger but blue to match the grips. Also, the matching blue mag release paddle, a solid trigger pin, and Cajun reduced weight trigger return spring, Cajun sear spring, and Cajun 12-pound blue mainspring. Oh, and a left-handed extended safety (right side with flat left side).

It's down to about 2.5 lbs trigger pull. Not as light as the TS's I've seen, but I think they have even lighter trigger return springs.

Only issue with the TS-2 is that it is the same grip as the Shadow 2, but wider to accommodate the 20 round mags vs. 17 round. It feels OK, but it is big in my hand, whereas the Shadow 2 SA fits a little better.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just a quick range report. Finally took it to the range a couple of days ago. Shot 200 rds total, with 50 each of Rem Golden Saber 124 Gr BJHP, Fiocchi 124 Gr FMJ, Speer Lawman 124 Gr TMJ, and PMC Bronze 115 Gr FMJ. There were zero malfunctions. I'm very pleased overall.

A couple of observations.

1- The very light trigger pull is a delight, but it comes with a price, at least to me. I had involuntary double taps several times, resulting in flyers. Shooting benched at 25 yards, the gun is capable of excellent accuracy, when I did my part. I was able to get 5/8 in. (not counting flyer) 5-shot groups with the Golden Saber. The other brands, not as great. I just need to get better trigger discipline with this gun.

2- Shooting non-benched (off hand) at 10 & 15 yds revealed the problem with the long protruding mag release. The damn thing really digs into your left hand's thumb base, becoming more irritating as shooting went on. After I got home and compared the TS2's mag release to the Taipan's, it became clear why the TS2's release irritated my hand quite a bit. Its face is fully checkered, and the corner is sharp. Contrast that to the Taipan's release, where the corner is rounded, and the face in non-checkered. I suppose folks who wear shooting gloves would NOT experience this problem.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd sure like to fondle a DWX in-the-wild....

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I almost got the TSO last year but didn't, as I bought the Shadow 2 Orange. Glad it happened that way, because, once the TS 2 came out, with a better looking profile than the TSO to my eyes, I said, man you're going to get it one of these days. And that day finally came. CZ hit another one out of the park with their latest offering, imo. I like the Shadow 2 profile, and the TS 2 retains a lot that but minus the rail, which makes the flat bottomed full length dust cover look real nice. Have not had the chance to shoot it, yet, but will soon and have range report. For now, a non-firing evaluation will have to do.

Comes in the large CZ "suitcase", with 3x TS 20-rounders. I suppose this is their base model, without the gas pedal and the fancy mag release.

Pressed in barrel bushing

Fiber optic front sight with fixed black rear sight

Competition hammer and SAO trigger. Trigger is amazingly light, at 1 lb 11 oz (average of 10 pulls on the Lyman digital trigger scale), but still has that tiny slip (smooth, not gritty) before the sear "breaks". I suppose that if you're competing and shooting fast, it has no consequences really.

Blue aluminum thin checkered TS 2 grips and aggressive checkering on front and back straps all help with securing your paws to the gun but do not hurt them.

Full circumference aluminum magwell/jet funnel, which I really like compared to the one on the German Xguns, which leaves the front empty. The CZ magwell helps support my non-dominant hand's pinky perfectly.

Guide rod and spring with recoil buffer.

Barrel is all black coated, and the slide's internal likewise, unlike the Shadow 2 Orange's which are highly polished.

Along with its siblings, the Shadow 2 Orange and the Taipan, this makes my CZ trifecta. Funny, I used to be all about the compact CZs, but they're long gone, and now, praises for their full size guns.

The grips on the S2O are really sweet!!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great write up! The TS2 looks awesome.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
1- The very light trigger pull is a delight, but it comes with a price, at least to me. I had involuntary double taps several times, resulting in flyers.

12131, I've had that problem with my first Gen TS in 357Sig/.40. Is the trigger pull weight adjustable?

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ The trigger pull weight is not adjustable.

Q

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
After I got home and compared the TS2's mag release to the Taipan's, it became clear why the TS2's release irritated my hand quite a bit. Its face is fully checkered, and the corner is sharp. Contrast that to the Taipan's release, where the corner is rounded, and the face in non-checkered. I suppose folks who wear shooting gloves would NOT experience this problem.

Wonder if CZ would sell you the Taipan release and if it would fit in the TS2 might be a good swap...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
What's that Taipan all about? Never heard of it.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Benderx4:
What's that Taipan all about? Never heard of it.

Custom built in Germany. Wrote about it >>last year<<.

Q

Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's a very special pistol, thanks for sharing.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Q, love the looks of your TS2, the thinner side profile, non railed dust cover is a winner!!

? this appears to be the model last December that was shown with silver/white grips (no thumb rest model anyway), is it available in Blue instead or is this a choice at ordering?

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
? this appears to be the model last December that was shown with silver/white grips (no thumb rest model anyway), is it available in Blue instead or is this a choice at ordering?

HK Ag

Every TS2 that's being offered in the US that I have seen has the blue grips and without the thumb rest. Haven't seen any other variants.

Q

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Surprised you didn't pick up a Parrot to complete the series!

Nice heaters btw!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:

HK Ag

Every TS2 that's being offered in the US that I have seen has the blue grips and without the thumb rest. Haven't seen any other variants.

Yes. U.S. market guns have blue grips, silver for rest of world.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post