SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who thinks that guns are banned in Australia?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who thinks that guns are banned in Australia? Login/Join 
posted
Well, think again !

I've just done a stocktake and I have -

88 Handguns -

(incl. 3 x Korths,(not the shitty National Standards), 7 x Swiss P210s, Manurhin MR73 Match, 5 x SIG-Hammerli P240s , incl. 1 of the 150 .22 models ever made (1 x 38 and 1 x 32 unfired), 3 x Hammerlis (1 x factory engraved 208 unfired), a dazzling array of Colts and S&Ws, 1 x 1904 Webley-Fosbery etc etc)

26 Rifles -

I'm really good at acquiring firearms, but not so good in disposing of them !

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lenny:

In America we call that being a COLLECTOR

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5216 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Now we have the same list your government has?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, think again !

<snip>

And you’re in possession of these legally, or you just didn’t turn them in?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5723 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Lenny. Usually don't see you until the Christmas season. 88 is the same number of sidearms I have owned. A number of rifles and shotguns too. I recall some of your fine pistols.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Oh my, a group photo of your P240s please. I love those target guns. Gooday mate.. Big Grin

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
What are the basic laws in Australia?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10752 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Yes, do expand on what hoops you need to jump through, taxes/licensing fees that need to be paid, anal probe(s) you are subjected to, limitation/restrictions on specific types of firearms, their use and/or storage, as well as any special rules that apply to exercising this basic right in Australia.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9435 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Also curious about the basic (national) laws. I'm guessing it depends largely on province or other local rules, much the same as the US.

Posts: 7506 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
The issue is not that guns may or may not be banned in Australia. The issue is you don't have any rights to to your firearms. You can have guns as long as your Australian government allows you to have them.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20019 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
The issue is not that guns may or may not be banned in Australia. The issue is you don't have any rights to to your firearms. You can have guns as long as your Australian government allows you to have them.

So true ^^ and so many here in the USA do not get it.
They think the Government gives you a right but that is not true.
You already have rights and it is the Government that is to protect that right.
{ end with Green Acres fife playing in background } Eek

Posts: 23193 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He left out the part about all the guns are welded shut .
JK !

Posts: 710 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
IIRC ownership is based on permit or licensing,

I have sold a couple of Mauser bolt guns to folks in Oz,

and there is a very large contingent of Enfield collectors in OZ,

but like the UK, if you want to own some things you need a license or permit,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10575 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Pics or it didn't happen. Wink

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Now we have the same list your government has?

hahaha -- yes

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:

I posted some pics a while back but, for the life of me, I can't seem to find my previous posts. Any suggestions?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Well, think again !

<snip>

And you’re in possession of these legally, or you just didn’t turn them in?

All legally held...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
What are the basic laws in Australia?
You can own a firearm, any firearm, of you have a 'Good Reason'.

In my case, I have 2 Good Reasons - Target-Shooting and Collecting. I shoot at a club/shooting range that is about 2 miles from where I live so it's pretty convenient.

There is no limit on the number of guns, rifles, handguns etc that you can own. My collection of 88 handguns is quite modest compared to some other shooters/collectors in my area - the most held by an individual in my home city is about 800 - 50/50 handguns & rifles.

You do have to keep them in safe storage at your residence and not just leave them lying around on your coffee table.

With a special endorsement on your licence, you can even own machine guns - with prices of these about 10% of what something similar sells for in the US.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:

I posted some pics a while back but, for the life of me, I can't seem to find my previous posts. Any suggestions?

I'm from the Boston area, and not sure if you're familiar with our local brand of sarcasm. So someone else should probably step in.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some pictues -

Swiss family ( at least most of them)..

NIB High-Standard Citation - early Hamden manufacture..