SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who thinks that guns are banned in Australia?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who thinks that guns are banned in Australia? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
Pics or it didn't happen. Wink

Korth Classic .357 with the special plasma finish..

Unfired WW1 Webley Mk6 in .455...

Ed Brown Executive Elite II 9mm..

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brno ZKR551 in .38 Special. These sell for big money these days - up to $USD5,000 in the US and Europe....

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some Soviet /Russian target pistols... The bottom one is one of the rarest pistols in the world and the design was so innovative and groundbreaking that Feinwerkbau used some the ideas in their AW93 ..

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lenny:
Well, think again !

You're a gun owner and you're welcome here. And I'm not a Debbie Downer but I'd like to wake you up with a sobering thought.

Your thread is titled "Who thinks that guns are banned in Australia?" and your message is "Well, think again!" Pointing to yourself who have 88 handguns and 26 rifles as proof that guns are not "banned in Australia."

That would be like Kim Jong Un starting a thread titled "Who thinks people are starving in North Korea?" And then saying "I've had prime rib and lobster for the last 30 days!"

You're part of the elite whom your government has deigned to be granted the privilege of having firearms because you apparently have the means to buy firearms and the government approved reasons for wanting guns - target shooting and collecting. But what about your fellow Australian who could probably only afford one handgun and wants to have one for self-defense? Would the Australian government allow him the privilege? Telling him he could change his reason to target shooting and collecting is the equivalent of saying "let them eat cake."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20021 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm elderly now and can't see very well. I'll need more photos before I believe your braggadocio.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Well done Mate Wink

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I suspect Lenny is indeed well aware of the positive and negative realities and of gun ownership in OZ. He probably has as much influence on the negative aspects of that firearm reality in OZ, as pro gun members in this forum who live in NY, NJ, CA and other states where the anti gun sentiment is well entrenched in state governments.

Nice collection Lenny. That Korth is stunning!

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
Very impressive collection. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Posts: 548 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
What are the basic laws in Australia?
You can own a firearm, any firearm, of you have a 'Good Reason'.

In my case, I have 2 Good Reasons - Target-Shooting and Collecting. I shoot at a club/shooting range that is about 2 miles from where I live so it's pretty convenient.

There is no limit on the number of guns, rifles, handguns etc that you can own. My collection of 88 handguns is quite modest compared to some other shooters/collectors in my area - the most held by an individual in my home city is about 800 - 50/50 handguns & rifles.

You do have to keep them in safe storage at your residence and not just leave them lying around on your coffee table.

With a special endorsement on your licence, you can even own machine guns - with prices of these about 10% of what something similar sells for in the US.

So what hoops do you need to jump through to get a 'license'? Fees for such? Any punitive taxes involved on firearms, ammo, etc?

Also, what are the approved 'Good Reasons'? Does self-defense for the average bloke fly? I prefer 'All Lawful Purposes' if somebody wants to know...Just sayin' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9436 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I often think that if only the founders phrased certain things in more ghetto terms, there would be less debate.

For example, once my own country gets founded, a viable reason could be anything up to and including "Sometimes fuckers need killing".

Might just make that sentiment the entire preamble.

Posts: 7506 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some pictues -

Swiss family ( at least most of them)..

NIB High-Standard Citation - early Hamden manufacture..

I have a 1956 High Standard Supermatic
A 1952 Duramatic with the 4" and 6" barrels.
And a 1982 Victor.

Oh and a BIG fan of Akubra hats too!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Nice Swiss Family, very impressive.

I've never thought guns were totally banned in either place but effectively legally owning a gun for self-defense or walking down any street with a rifle, lets say an AK, yea that's banned in both UK/AUS.

What's the percentage of conceal carry licenses in population and how many new ones are issued every year?

Also how many states(regions/etc) are open carry or constitutional carry (allow you to carry no license/no training etc)?

It's a simple thing to say "look I got all these so its not banned see".

However, it's a pretty silly joke to say "Who thinks that guns are banned in Australia" and then to try to take the side that nah we got plenty of rights over here because I personally have guns.... doesn't mean Australia really has gun rights there, at all.

AUS took one shooting and used it as a "horrible tragedy" not to be wasted in politics and jammed through registration, mass confiscation schemes and more, taking the rights from the many and only leaving them with wealthy collectors seems along the lines of most progressed places.....

UK/AUS have large restrictions affecting most of their population making access to firearms difficult/time-consuming/impossible for regular people and having a gun for carrying likely outlawed for most civilians.

My bigger problem with the UK is that there isn't much of a right to self-defense of yourself or your property.

I don't know if Australia similarly has gutted self-defense laws so that may not apply...

I'm getting a sense that Gun rights in Australia seem to be for the rich/the few and not the many.

Neither of the two reasons you got approved for owning guns included anything about "personal protection".

If say someone broke into your home and you shot them with one of your guns would you be in the clear or would you likely be doomed, whats the truthful answer to that, would they say that gun must have not been in your safe, etc?

I wonder if an Australia government body would approve a gun for a civilian for self-defense reasons, or if you have heard of that or new anyone who got one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Austin228,

Posts: 1495 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Yes, but how many Lithgow/Enfields?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4635 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:

1894 Lee Metford Mk1 in .303
1907 Lee Enfield No1 Mk3 in .303
1916 Lee Enfield No1 Mk3 .303
1917 Lee Enfield No1 Mk3 .303
1943 Lithgow No1 Mk3 .303
1944/1953 Lee Enfield No 4 Mk1/3 .303

and the jewel of my .303 collection is a -

Mint 1944 Lee Enfield No4T Sniper Rifle, made by Holland and Holland, with correct matching No32 Mk3 scope (which is worth almost as much as the rifle these days !)

To feed this lot, I also have 8,500 rounds of .303 military ammunition - all UK, Aus or NZ made. Some rounds in their original dated 1916 waxed packages.

and also 4,000 Hornady 174gr FMJ BT projectiles...

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:

1894 Lee Metford Mk1 in .303
1907 Lee Enfield No1 Mk3 in .303
1916 Lee Enfield No1 Mk3 .303
1917 Lee Enfield No1 Mk3 .303
1943 Lithgow No1 Mk3 .303
1944/1953 Lee Enfield No 4 Mk1/3 .303

and the jewel of my .303 collection is a -

Mint 1944 Lee Enfield No4T Sniper Rifle, made by Holland and Holland, with correct matching No32 Mk3 scope (which is worth almost as much as the rifle these days !)

To feed this lot, I also have 8,500 rounds of .303 military ammunition - all UK, Aus or NZ made. Some rounds in their original dated 1916 waxed packages.

and also 4,000 Hornady 174gr FMJ BT projectiles...

nice start, Cool

a few of the Aussie collectors on another forum have many many more, (as do some of us US collectors,

anyhoo,,,,

you got me beat on the ammo, I am at maybe 6K,,

curious on your comment on the No 32 Mk 3,
what are they going for in Oz now,

I paid what I thought was a premium for a like new one not long ago, (No 32 Mk # with mount, loose in the wild , in near mint shape, is rare here)

and I shipped a MK 2 off the Canada to get it worked on (turrents were froze)

that one came on a BSA that H&H worked on , that was apparently sent to Malaysia ( refurbed at a Base Workshop) then ended up in a Canadian chest, and then spent 40 yrs in a guys house maybe 10 miles from me,,,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10575 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
quote:
Some pictues -

Swiss family ( at least most of them)..

NIB High-Standard Citation - early Hamden manufacture..

I have a 1956 High Standard Supermatic
A 1952 Duramatic with the 4" and 6" barrels.
And a 1982 Victor.

Oh and a BIG fan of Akubra hats too!

Damn nice Hi Standards - I particularly like the Victor. It looks as though it left the factory this morning !

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
I suspect Lenny is indeed well aware of the positive and negative realities and of gun ownership in OZ. He probably has as much influence on the negative aspects of that firearm reality in OZ, as pro gun members in this forum who live in NY, NJ, CA and other states where the anti gun sentiment is well entrenched in state governments.

Nice collection Lenny. That Korth is stunning!

Here is a picture of one of my other Korths - the Korth PRS - and a videos on these fascinating guns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ZdYUPtp7g

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is a picture of one of my other Korths - the Korth PRS - and a videos on these fascinating guns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ZdYUPtp7g

Beautiful Family you have there Lenny.

I shot several of the Korth PRS configurations 9 or 10 years ago at NSSF's Media Day at the Range which was in conjunction with the SHOT show

I was very impressed though admittedly I have not gotten around to buying one yet

Here is the original video that the Factory released back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jTomsQAi10

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5216 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Lenny, you may be the only Member of Sig Forum who owns a PRS. Slight possibility bac1023 has one. Regarding the Enfields sir, I've had 1 Canadian Long Branch #4 Mk 1 and 1 Pattern 14 Eddystone. Your Lee Metford is the one milsurp rifle I never found. Not in any gun shop, not at any gun shows. Had I acquired the Metford rifle, a local bullet caster made lead bullets which I would have loaded for target shooting.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I adore the P240s and the 208. If you get time Lenny, post up a better photo please sir. Thank you.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post