SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wished I'd pick up one of the few I've seen over the years, now I'm stuck* with getting a Legion SAO as soon as I'm able.

*happily

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to get my hands on one but what’s the use if the ammo vendors are not cooperating. Nice gun but no ammo. In the immortal words of Joe Biden- camon man. I hope I spelled that right.

Posts: 5 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the 10mm. It is nice addition to stable.

Jeeps...guns...German Shepherds!

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to add picture but can't figure out how?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sure, send your pic to the email address in my profile

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to send that pic to me and I'll host it for you. Just check my profile for my email address.

posted Hide Post
Picture was sent Smile

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Very nice

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Nice and welcome to the best forum on the planet.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone, sorry to revive somewhat old thread but I just got my permit after two and a half years after I applied here in NYC and treated myself with a P220 Legion 10mm DA/SA, can't wait to get it and take it to the range. I was wondering if anybody confirmed that the 10 round Sig 45 ACP magazines work with 10mm ammo without any problems. Thanks in advance and great forum by the way.

Posts: 21 | Location: Bronx/NY | Registered: June 21, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boki:
Hi everyone, sorry to revive somewhat old thread but I just got my permit after two and a half years after I applied here in NYC and treated myself with a P220 Legion 10mm DA/SA, can't wait to get it and take it to the range. I was wondering if anybody confirmed that the 10 round Sig 45 ACP magazines work with 10mm ammo without any problems. Thanks in advance and great forum by the way.

Best first post ever!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
They will fit, and generally work, but I wouldn't recommend them for anything other than range use.

Along with other minor changes, the 10mm magazines have a rib that helps keep the rounds better centered in the tube. It's a physical difference on the 10mm mags that were added for a reason.

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:
Originally posted by Boki:

Best first post ever!

Thank you kind Sir!

Posts: 21 | Location: Bronx/NY | Registered: June 21, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
They will fit, and generally work, but I wouldn't recommend them for anything other than range use.

Along with other minor changes, the 10mm magazines have a rib that helps keep the rounds better centered in the tube. It's a physical difference on the 10mm mags that were added for a reason.

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

Great, thanks so much for the fast reply, appreciate it. I'll order one and test it out at the range. And thanks for the welcome.

posted Hide Post
OK, just a small update. I got my P220 Legion and took it to the range twice, put some 400 rounds through it and what a hand cannon it is - looove it so far. I'll need a lot more time to get back into it and learn the gun and learn how to shoot well again after not shooting firearms for some 20+ years (crazy, I know).

I tried that OEM 10 round OEM 45 ACP magazine with 10mm ammo and as you all were telling me, it's not the same (although visually I can't seem to find the differences, I'll have to look harder I guess). I had many failures to feed with it - the first bullet would get stuck at the breach and wouldn't load into the barrel. I would have to take the magazine out and move the bullet a millimeter upwards and try again and then it would load. So I'll just follow your advice guys and use it only at the range. All my other OEM 8 round 10mm magazines were working flawlessly (got 3 with the gun and ordered 2 more OEM ones).

Anyways, I'm now looking into getting a 9mm handgun with the RDS (should be easier to control and shoot, ammo is cheaper and I just want another gun). I need to wait for 90 days after purchasing my P220 to be able to order another gun (as per NYPD instructions and rules). I've been reading a lot and watching videos and now I'm saving money to get the P226 Legion SAO RXP - can't wait!

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

You can't go wrong with a P226.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I know they never came out with a rail-less version of the P220 10mm, but did they ever come out with the 4.4" barrel version?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thinking the GG conversions had the shorter barrel, but none of the production Sigs did.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I was aware of the 220 10mm I had never looked into the different models or kept up with the pricing. Small pawn shop nearby that mostly sales hydro-dipped and customized guns had one that someone didn't come back for after pawning. Wasn't really to interested in it figuring I'd need to send it off to CCR to be refinished so I passed even when they started lowering the price. Looked them up last night and realized it was a factory finish so I went back today and got it. P220 Elite 10mm Hunter with Kryptek finish and I'm not sure if it had ever been fired before today. $650 with one mag and no box.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You did well.

From 2015: