SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 74 75 76 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
At $650 my wallet would have friction burns from pulling it out so fast. Nice score!

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I'm currently sitting on 3, GD good price

Best I could do was 875.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6292 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once I realized what it was it did take a bit of effort to not act a little giddy when I went back to get it. Wasn't planning on another 10mm after selling my Glock 20 but it would have been foolish to pass on it.

Need to do some reading up and take an afternoon to dial it in as it was hitting about 10" high shooting at 20 and 40 yards.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Reading about the 10mm mags being a Litte different than the .45s to prevent FTFs, are the current mags the same as the very early production mags? Mine hasn’t been out of the safe for quite some time. When I did shoot it more regularly FTFs we’re not uncommon. I know that some ammo was worse than others but now I’m wondering if there has been an improvement to the mags.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Reading about the 10mm mags being a Litte different than the .45s to prevent FTFs, are the current mags the same as the very early production mags? Mine hasn’t been out of the safe for quite some time. When I did shoot it more regularly FTFs we’re not uncommon. I know that some ammo was worse than others but now I’m wondering if there has been an improvement to the mags.

Yes, the 10mm magazines supposedly got a slight change near the feed lip which made it load easier around the magazine catch and in some cases I read that the magazine fed more reliably.

I don’t know if this was a design change or if some simply made it out of production without the intended dimple.

In my current stash, 21 mags have the dimple, 8 do not. Though I haven’t had any issues with any mags I’ve used.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6292 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Here is another view of the magazine improvement. The early 10mm mags did not have that "indentation", and exhibited some difficulty seating them. They tended to sort of snag on the magazine catch, but a hard slam would seat them fine. The indentation allows them to ease past the magazine catch, and makes seating the mag very smooth.

The P-220 .45 mags have had this feature forever, making me wonder why it was not incorporated into the 10mm mags from the git-go.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10780 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the one I used to own. Nice shooter but now I have a SA XDM 10mm.

Rule Number Nine - Always carry a knife.

Posts: 35 | Registered: June 19, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zsigz
posted Hide Post
WOW, all the 10mm fans are realizing their dream!

For me, just another caliber I need to add to my P220 list of calibers...and ammo I need to stock up on.

zsigz

All Classic models, in every caliber...
Multiples of my favorites!

Posts: 134 | Location: Exeter, NH, USA | Registered: August 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zsigz:
For me, just another caliber I need to add to my P220 list of calibers...and ammo I need to stock up on.

Yup, there are only eight of 'em to choose from.

My most recent was the .22lr.

Posts: 9133 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post