SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am not as upset as TexasRaider, but I have to agree that Sig missed the mark by a country mile. I wanted a plain stainless DA/SA Sig with Fixed sights. Why in hell would they make a reverse two-tone and not offer the natural finish?

I am not even going to discuss the rationale behind a camo finish. That's almost as ridiculous as rainbow.

What process is required to remove the two surface finishes (black & camo)?

Like i said, I will buy one, but I am no longer out of control excited. Sadly, the P220-10 went from: "must have now" to: "when I get around to it".

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
If SIG decides to produce a DA/SA 10mm based on a P226 or P227 frame, I'm in!

Preferably, on the 226 frame for higher capacity.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Truth About Guns has the breakdown of Sigs new 10mm. There are 4 different models.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...w-p220-10mm-pistols/

Starts out:
quote:
Nick got wind of the new SIG P220s in 10mm via the SIG forum a few months back. At the time, the grapevine spoke of three new models. As it turns out, SIG’s actually been beavering away on four new guns. Check out their press release with all the details after the jump . . .

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
How hard/expensive is it to strip off nitron coatings?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
I am certainly glad to read more about them. Hopefully someone will post pictures from SHOT Show with additional information. As to a suggested retail price of $1422 for the DA/SA version I can handle that price.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
PHOTOSHOP REQUEST:

Can anyone Photoshop the Rosewood grips from the Stainless Elite onto the Reverse Two-Tone?

Stainless Elite

Reverse Two-Tone

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Wow, apparently if you criticize Sig you get your posts deleted. Thats seems 'fair and open'....

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I deleted your post because I don't like your attitude. Don't think for a second that you can convince any long time member around here that SIG-Sauer cannot be criticized on this board. You are way, way off. You think you know why your post was deleted? If you knew that, you wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

If you don't like how things are run around here, you are free to leave.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely disappointing when you have such excitement and anticipation for something like this and what they produce doesn't match your expectations.

Posts: 124 | Location: Massachusetts  | Registered: May 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Hunt Ready P220 is a single-action only pistol, also features the Elite Beavertail and front cocking serrations. The Hunt Ready P220 comes ready for the field with the SIG SAUER Romeo1 mini red-dot sight installed, black G-10 Piranha grips and a Kryptek® Highlander camo pattern finish.

Is the Romeo mini red-dot like an RMR / Deltpoint or like an Aimpoint T-1 in size?

Posts: 545 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking the same thing. I'd hate to buy a $1700 pistol and immediately get it Cerakoted. Hopefully there will be a 'finish delete' option.

I suppose the Kimber Eclipse will remain my favorite 10mm for quite some time. Carbon fiber grips and a stainless magwell add a nice touch.

I guess I'd have to sell the G-10 grips on eBay and buy some Hogue aluminum grips also.

I haven't figured out the fascination with G-10, Perhaps this is just a personal preference...

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I've had some time to cool my jets.

No, I'm not thrilled about the color schemes nor the emphasis on SAO. I'd greatly prefer all stainless or all black.

But...

Keep this in perspective. Sig is releasing a P220/10mm DA/SA. Ultimately, who cares about the color? If you had asked me six months ago, I'd have been delighted to get one in hot pink with purple polka dots.

Besides, if you don't like the color, just shoot with your eyes closed. The 10mm is so powerful it will destroy the target if it even comes close.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It looks like I'll be waiting for the Stainless Elite Nitron. I do have to say the Camo Hunter P220 does look buck fugly.

Next question is about regular P220s. Is the frame for the 4.4" barrel the same for the 5"? I'm still hoping to buy a cheap 220 and play Mr. Potato Head when I only have .45.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tengoo
posted Hide Post
I guess the Match Elite Reverse Two-Tone P220 is the one I'm looking for...I want the SA/DA trigger, just like my other Sigs. I really don't like shifting around between/among firearm operating systems. I like that all the guns will have 5" barrels.

So what is 'reverse two-tone'? Black frame and stainless slide? I don't care much about the finish as long as my gun shoots.

Ah....

Looks good to me...I've got a Norinco 1911 with the bright frame/dark slide, and I like the look...

Posts: 103 | Location: Just east of the Canadian Rockies | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I would like to see either a 5 or 6 inch version of the 220R Match Elite in DA/SA.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
This new P220-10 shall be worth every dime at retail

I'm sure it'll be.

But what about the availability of the P220-10 in Europe?

(After all, will it be SIG/USA or SIG Germany/Eckernfoerde produced?)

Posts: 717 | Location: South Germany | Registered: February 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tengoo:
I guess the Match Elite Reverse Two-Tone P220 is the one I'm looking for...I want the SA/DA trigger, just like my other ...

Same here. If the "Black G-10 Piranha grips" look like this picture, I may keep them. Otherwise, I'll change out them out and go with the Rosewood or some other grip. I don't particularly care for the Hogue rubber grips that are on the P220 .45ACP Reverse Two-Tone.

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
PHOTOSHOP REQUEST:

Can anyone Photoshop the Rosewood grips from the Stainless Elite onto the Reverse Two-Tone?

Stainless Elite

Reverse Two-Tone

It's not the best photochop job in the world, but you get what you pay for. Wink

ETA: I guess I'll pitch my bitch here, as well. I'm looking at the DA/SA (which ever model that is). I'd rather have an all finished or all stainless gun (I'm not that picky either way). The only thing that's really kind of bugging me is the beavertail. To me, they don't feel right on SIGs. However, maybe it will be an asset, given the gun is chambered in 10mm. It will probably assist with recoil management.

On the plus side, I think it's a great idea to produce these with a 5" barrel. That a lot of whoop-ass coming out of that muzzle.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Thanks Storm! Definitely looks better than the Hogue rubber grips.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A quick snap from our friends at SIG-Sauer, and we thank them. Smile

A bit of detail:

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post