SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther Q5 Steel frame?!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther Q5 Steel frame?! Login/Join 
Picture of Beanhead
posted
Have you guys seen this?!

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

https://www.guns.com/news/2019...teel-competition-gun

https://youtu.be/6uXfrX4sLvo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beanhead,

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
That looks awesome. I have not heard or seen of that. I wonder what the pricing will be like.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
MSRP $1400

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Badass! Supposedly out today, add that to my anticipated list.

Here's another video review: https://youtu.be/IGIWDQknbwM

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/UVGfJnx85yU

This is an interesting comparison.

posted Hide Post
Now that is nice looking, I still hate the blue plastic trigger. But that is one slick looking pistol

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I guess at my age I'm just old school. When I see stuff like that all I can think of is Buck Rogers. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16184 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm intrigued by it, but it's pushing double the price of the polymer gun. I would really look at the Arex Alpha in this segment. I have one and it's probably the best bang for the buck in all steel, comp ready 9mm pistols.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
My only perceived issue is the rail - no need for one on a competition gun. Too bad manufacturers feel the need to slap one on every pistol made.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
WOW does that look sweet. Price is good too for a quality German made steel pistol with lifetime warranty and state side warranty support. The video Dakor posted showed an extremely impressive 25 meter test target. I may have to get one of these for a fun range gun.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ziggy308
posted Hide Post
I am in will be going to the toy store today.

need to post picks for item up for sale

Posts: 566 | Location: lost in Illinois | Registered: March 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Very nice, but 5.6-lb trigger pull for a competition/match gun? What's up with that?

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I am supposed to be saving for house, but it looks like a winner.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Very nice, but 5.6-lb trigger pull for a competition/match gun? What's up with that?

Suposedly Walther is going to offer a "spring pack" - light, medium, heavy and light will be around 3.5 LBs. Smile

From the article Beanhead posted.

"Alongside the new gun, Walther will release corresponding performance accessories that includes kits to modify magazines and triggers for all Q5 Match pistols — polymer or steel construction."

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ziggy308:
I am in will be going to the toy store today.

Range report by this weekend? Big Grin

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I held off on the original Q5 because of the amount of muzzle flip it still had when I compared it side-to-side to my PPQ M1. Fast follow-ups landing in the general neighborhood of my intended POA has always been something of a challenge for me with the standard PPQ. At least now Walther has created a better if heavier vehicle for addressing that.

As for complaints about the rail; it's a perfect place to add a little forward ballast to dampen muzzle rise even more. Wink And I imagine that if one really needs a lighter trigger, Apex will come to the rescue just as they have with previous PPQs. Just as long as they don't muck up that sweet reset the PPQ is known for.

EDIT: didn't read the part about the factory spring kits.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I’m quite interested. I understand the trigger on a standard polymer QMatch feels much better than a standard PPQ. I’ll have to check one out at my LGS in the next while as well.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those interested, I will have them in the classifieds with SF pricing as soon as I can get a hold of them. There is also a 4" polymer frame Match coming.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
All the weight of a steel gun combined with the awfulness of a striker fired pistol... what’s not to love?

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post