SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 now in .380
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 now in .380 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We're sorry, but due to high prices and lack of availability, we regret to say that we are no longer developing anything new to remain a leader of our industry.

Instead, we're going to press pause on any and all operations until our competitor's innovation and new products runs us out of business.

We feel this will make everybody happy.

Seriously folks, business doesn't stop because of higher prices. You have to keep moving forward or you will be left behind.

What do you suggest Sig do/say to their R&D people? Send them home, lay them off.... ?

No, let them do their job and continue business as usual.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a decent option for people that would otherwise buy an M&P EZ .380 for the lighter slide spring. But it's exactly the same size as the 9mm version so if you can operate and shoot a 9mm there isn't much point to get the .380 version.

If I know Sig, the barrel will have thinner sidewalls and the opening in the slide will be smaller so it won't fit a 9mm barrel. Slide will also probably be lightened as well.

I grabbed an LCP Max because it does offer a significant size reduction compared to the P365, which to me has value for deep concealment in light clothes.

The optics ready slide with rear sight is nice. Should be standard on all P365's instead of the rear sight plate.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I was assuming that 380 ammunition was unobtainable these days, or at least outrageously expensive, but decided to actually check. There are many FMJ loads listed by many vendors, and SG Ammo has an HST load for virtually the same price that I found 9mm HST on the Midway site. Not that I intend to switch to 380 any time soon, if at all, but if I did, price and availability wouldn’t hinder me.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47419 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
PSA has .380 Magtech for $21.99 a box. A few dollars more than I spent a few years ago, but not prohibitively expensive.

https://palmettostatearmory.co...et-magtech-380a.html

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The email I received said that Sig was offering .380 ammunition.

If this had been available when I bought my daughter her G42, I’d have bought the P365 for her, instead.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Would you really need a whole Exchange Kit to change to .380 from 9mm? Wouldn't just a barrel and guide rod for .380 be all that is needed? Oh, and magazines.

According to the email from SIG today, the P365-380 has a “lightened slide and barrel” as compared with the 9mm version. Based on that, I assume that a simple barrel and recoil spring swap would not be sufficient to change from 9mm to 380.

On the other hand, many owners of Classic line pistols chambered for 357 SIG or 40 S&W successfully converted their guns to 9mm with aftermarket conversion barrels even though the more powerful cartridge versions had heavier slides. It will be interesting to learn if the 380 barrel will fit a 9mm slide, but if not, perhaps an aftermarket company will offer 380 barrels that will.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47419 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As to Xchange units...I'd like to see one for the P365 in .22 LR.....My 9mm is just about the cat's meow in carry pistols, IMHO...a .22 LR would really round it out for me, and allow for some cheaper practice sessions....Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 729 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
While I personally would opt for the 9mm version, the .380 makes sense to me. My recoil sensitive wife would welcome this option. It's a tilting barrel action which dampens recoil unlike a lot of the .380's with fixed barrels and blow back actions that kick harder than like size 9mm and take a muscle man to rack the slide. Good move on Sigs part I think.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given how well the G42 and .380 Shield EZ has done in the marketplace, I would think that a .380 P365--especially one with a manual thumb safety--will do fine. For us, MS-spec 9mm P365s outsell the no-thumb safety versions almost 3:1. I expect a similar demand/sales pattern for the .380 version.

-MG

Posts: 2016 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in a conversion kit. My wife likes the size of the P365 but not the recoil.

I have 3 standard P365's, so converting one would work out well.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4526 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
a P365 in .30 Super Carry

Now for that, I'd probably pull out the credit card...

Bought the LCP Max for the same reason, since it's shorts season from Jan 1 to Dec 31 here, lightweight higher capacity firearms are de rigueur.

Posts: 23590 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've let 2 women shoot my P365, Mrs. Flash and a woman I we shoot with every week.

They both found it controllable, but just barely but both loved the grip size as they both have small hands.

They're both thinking about getting one in .380ACP.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rodfac:
As to Xchange units...I'd like to see one for the P365 in .22 LR.....My 9mm is just about the cat's meow in carry pistols, IMHO...a .22 LR would really round it out for me, and allow for some cheaper practice sessions....Rod

I'm with you. Kinda a rebirth of the HK4, .22 and carry calibers in one pistol

Posts: 4592 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
PSA has .380 Magtech for $21.99 a box. A few dollars more than I spent a few years ago, but not prohibitively expensive.

https://palmettostatearmory.co...et-magtech-380a.html

That's not the only thing PSA has this week if you take the time to look... Wink

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3465 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
Now i need to find a magazine for this pistol to make sure our Magholder fits it!

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:

That's not the only thing PSA has this week if you take the time to look... Wink

Are you referring the the P365-380?

https://palmettostatearmory.co...ack-365-380-bss.html

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This looks interesting. My wife might like this.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grab A Gun has them available for $579. Has anyone shot one yet?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 884 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
P365 now in .380

Not interested, but for those who are, I say have at 'em!

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post