SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 now in .380
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 now in .380 Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
https://youtu.be/StpV27tnVyM

Discuss amongst your peers

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7905 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
No longer a rumor, then.
As has been discussed, there could be advantages to some people for the easier to operate and shoot version of the pistol. I wonder if a cartridge exchange kit (slide assembly and magazines) will be offered at some point. As I become feebler with age, I could see myself making the change (assuming, of course, that good ammunition was available).

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47421 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that I'm unhappy with my G42, but will watch and see how this model tests out.

Posts: 3227 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it’s bad market timing and who knows if it will survive… but a P365 in .30 Super Carry would be just about the ultimate deep concealment carry gun IMO.

12+1 rounds in a pocket gun with terminal ballistics much better than .380.

P365 .380 is a very nice option for fans of the caliber or those with less strength.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
they announced this a year ago then crickets, and now the are announcing it again.

I guess a year got lost somewhere. That said, I like the idea, I'm just confused why they are acting like they never announced it a year ago.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10942 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Cool! Good for Sig...glad to see them releasing some options in something other than 9mm for a change. Nice that it shares the same FCU, too...I wonder if they'll sell standalone uppers for those who want them?

.380 isn't really my thing, but I can appreciate the value for some folks that the lighter spring weight and lower recoil offer.

Posts: 8677 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Those who were hoping from something to be competitive w/ the Ruger LCP Max in size & weight will be disappointed.

Those who are into red dots may be pleased that it comes optic ready. The prototype Sig showed at SHOT Show 2021 and that was supposed to launch in the middle of last year was not OR.

Posts: 3190 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Would you really need a whole Exchange Kit to change to .380 from 9mm? Wouldn't just a barrel and guide rod for .380 be all that is needed? Oh, and magazines.

Posts: 3391 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Would you really need a whole Exchange Kit to change to .380 from 9mm?

Good question.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47421 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I'm just confused why they are acting like they never announced it a year ago.

IIRC they announced the P210 Carry a few times too. If availability doesn't immediately follow the announcement, I can see acting like the previous announcements never happened.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
I'm a fanboy but for me it's pretty much an answer to a question I failed to ask.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope Sig makes a conversion kit. Would be really nice.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 119 | Location: Missouri | Registered: August 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No interest from me but I’m glad for options. Seems like a pretty simple conversion. Hell I bought a 32 barrel got my Beretta Cheetahs so I can’t throw stones. Lol

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

Confused
What benefit would it be to them to bring up something from the past that didn't work out as originally planned?

6.4/93.6

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Its on Sig's website now. I sure hope they release a 12 round and 15 round magazine to go with this. Ive been waiting on a 15 rd high capacity striker fired .380.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-380.html

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

IIRC they announced the P210 Carry a few times too. If availability doesn't immediately follow the announcement, I can see acting like the previous announcements never happened.

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
What benefit would it be to them to bring up something from the past that didn't work out as originally planned?

But, they did, with the P210 Carry. Watch the beginning of Strader's video introducing the P210 Carry for the reasons of the delay. Wink

Q

Posts: 26516 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a shame they did not do this years ago. With the price of .380 ammo being so high, I hope it is not dead before it comes out of the water. It is a perfect sized platform for it.

Posts: 6913 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Strader said one of the reasons they delayed the product launch was due to high cost and lack of availability of 380ACP ammo during 2021.

Posts: 3190 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Great Roll Eyes

Right when you can't find .380 and the little that exists is stupid expensive.

I actually gave up on .380 guns because of this and went to 9mm

Posts: 33895 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dovetailed rear sight is a good sign.

Posts: 5169 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post